Canelo vs Erislandy Lara, July 12th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I saw the split coming. Lara couldn't stop the body attack and had no body attack of his own. He was accurate when he threw but that was when threw. He should have used his reach to his advantage and kept his back away from the ropes. Canelo did pretty much everything right so props to him.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I saw the split coming too. I told my homeboy there's gonna be one puzzling scorecard for Canelo, like 118-110. I wasn't far off. This was basically Hagler/Leonard with the styles and popularity of the fighters swapped. Do you like the guy landing less, but harder shots, or the guy using ring generalship and pot shotting all night? I thought Lara won close, so you can't complain about the decision if you thought it was close. But 117-110 is stupid. Brian Kenny is just about always wrong btw when it comes to scorecards. He's a moron.

Mar 18, 2008
I kept saying the body shots would win Canelo the fight and yes the judges made the right decision (not the 117-111 lol card)...Canelo landed game changing shots and ripped open Lara's eye lid...had Lara wincing and wiggling to get away and at one point it looked like Lara was gonna suffer that 9-10th round stoppage...what did Lara land that meant anything that you can attribute to being eye catching...couple jabs...couple lefts...NO body shots...he NEVER ventured into the middle of the ring to control the center the WHOLE FIGHT!!!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
Gamboa comes in and fights a good fight, looses the fight but gains more fans, while Lara sticks to the amateur Cuban style fighting and looses the fight and doesn't get respect at all cuz he couldn't show that he could control a fight. Sometimes you just have to mix it up and it should be a lesson learned for Lara, but it doesn't seem like he'll change at all.

May 5, 2002
I think Lara misinterpreted the situation, and so did Shields. I think he failed to understand the magnitude of the fight in regards to significance, fan influence (in house), and Las Vegas expectations. I text my boy right before this fight that there's no way Canelo could outbox Lara for 12 rds provided he layed it on the line. Like someone said about Gamboa. Had Lara mixed it up toe2toe even for just 15seconds w/ Canelo even just every 3 or 4 rounds, it would've produced a different end result. Lara wanted to outpoint/class/style Canelo but didn't seem to have the mindset of breaking him down physically. I think he might learn that lesson and become even more of a threat b/c the man has skill but just like Canelo's trainer said (All Access) he didn't have the balls to fight.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Lara was robbed. I had it for Lara 115-113. Also if u watch the 12 round which I scored for Canelo, u could see it looked like Canelo thought he was down and was being overly aggressive going for the knockout. I knew the fix was in before the fight happened though. The only problem with boxing. I guarantee u he wont give Lara a rematch. Got Em!!

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
If you don't want a guy moving on you then stop him from doing it and cut off the ring effectively. Lara was clearly doing things right when a good portion of times Canelo would be right in front of him in punching range and wouldn't fire and it sure wasn't because Lara was hitting him with "pitty pat" punches.

Lara clearly didn't do enough, based on the fact that he could have and should have done more, but let's not pretend like it was all Canelo either.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
CZAR @CZAR , there could have been a fix going on, but Lara didn't understand the ramifications like 4fifteenRolla @4fifteenRolla pointed out. And no, I don't think he will give Lara a rematch. he pretty much said that at the end of the fight.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
If you don't want a guy moving on you then stop him from doing it and cut off the ring effectively. Lara was clearly doing things right when a good portion of times Canelo would be right in front of him in punching range and wouldn't fire and it sure wasn't because Lara was hitting him with "pitty pat" punches.

Lara clearly didn't do enough, based on the fact that he could have and should have done more, but let's not pretend like it was all Canelo either.
No, it wasn't all Canelo. Like I said earlier, Lara was accurate and he was doing things right. He stopped Canelo in his tracks plenty of times and Canelo was worried about getting hit. In fact, he cut Canelo as well early in the fight. The problem is, at some point, Lara let Canelo take over the pace of the fight and then things went downhill. Normally Canelo is going to let off the gas from 6-10, but he didn't seem to do that. And where was Lara's body game? I maybe saw him go to the body five times? And in the inside he wouldn't mix it up like Canelo did. Also, on several occasions it looked like Lara wanted to admire his work and that is the wrong thing to do. You admire your work after your hand is raised.

So I'm cool with the split, a draw would have been good but I don't see how Lara won that fight.

Sacsick

Sicc Nortay
Feb 14, 2011
city of kings, California
Lara was robbed. I had it for Lara 115-113. Also if u watch the 12 round which I scored for Canelo, u could see it looked like Canelo thought he was down and was being overly aggressive going for the knockout. I knew the fix was in before the fight happened though. The only problem with boxing. I guarantee u he wont give Lara a rematch. Got Em!!
There was no fix