The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Absolution is pretty fun. My friends and I play the custom missions and compete with each other. Single player campaign is okay, as well.

I'm playing Murdered: Soul Suspect. I'm having a hard time making it through considering how slow the game is.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Absolution is pretty fun. My friends and I play the custom missions and compete with each other. Single player campaign is okay, as well.

I'm playing Murdered: Soul Suspect. I'm having a hard time making it through considering how slow the game is.
Yeah, Absolution isn't bad. It is the first Hitman title I've played so I don't know how it stacks up to previous titles it was solid. To this day I have yet to play any of the contract stuff, but I may play a couple tonight.

As for murdered, I was looking forward to it but really mixed reviews and better titles kept me away. I was expecting Alan Wake meets LA Noire but instead I heard it's more like a point and click title, which is cool as I LOVE the games released by TellTale. I also heard the game is really short and full of bugs. Aside from the pacing how do you like the game and what are you playing it on?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm playing it on 360, and I am really intrigued by the story, which takes precedent over character immersion. Characters that aren't the lead character tend to say the same thing over and over, and even different characters say the same dialogue as others. It could use a more focused subscript. It sticks pretty much to a linear formula for finding clues, but side quests kind of alleviate my impatience.

Your abilities are pretty cool, and the addition of reapers adds a bit of a supernatural bent to the game, which otherwise doesn't glorify the fact Tha r your character is only a soul. I will say the amount of despair and hopelessness you feel as you watch your character die is probably the most amazing and understated part of the game.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I'm playing it on 360, and I am really intrigued by the story, which takes precedent over character immersion. Characters that aren't the lead character tend to say the same thing over and over, and even different characters say the same dialogue as others. It could use a more focused subscript. It sticks pretty much to a linear formula for finding clues, but side quests kind of alleviate my impatience.

Your abilities are pretty cool, and the addition of reapers adds a bit of a supernatural bent to the game, which otherwise doesn't glorify the fact Tha r your character is only a soul. I will say the amount of despair and hopelessness you feel as you watch your character die is probably the most amazing and understated part of the game.
So considering I already have a backlog, do I go ahead cop this as well on last ge consoles or cop it when I get a new gen?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
So considering I already have a backlog, do I go ahead cop this as well on last ge consoles or cop it when I get a new gen?
I don't think it would really need to be seen on a next gen. Its a fun game that allows you to use a bit of stealth, and is pretty easy to roll through, so I think you're safe sticking it in your backlog and playing it when you don't feel like killing everything in screen.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Recently beat Murdered: Soul Suspect. The ending was definitely good, or maybe a little better than I thought. I predicted who the killer was, and then another twist came, which was cool. Definitely fun to waste 10 hours on a game in which you never kill. Ultimately, the dialogue overuse was glaring. In one area, you enter an apartment floor with six cops, And when possessing those cops to hopefully find out info (you gain nothing after the first or second time that's taught to you during the tutorial), they all say the same set of 4 sentences of dialogue. That brought me out of really connecting emotionally with the characters. The world doesn't feel lived in by residents experiencing trauma. It's more felt as occupied by people created simply for scene decoration.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Recently beat Murdered: Soul Suspect. The ending was definitely good, or maybe a little better than I thought. I predicted who the killer was, and then another twist came, which was cool. Definitely fun to waste 10 hours on a game in which you never kill. Ultimately, the dialogue overuse was glaring. In one area, you enter an apartment floor with six cops, And when possessing those cops to hopefully find out info (you gain nothing after the first or second time that's taught to you during the tutorial), they all say the same set of 4 sentences of dialogue. That brought me out of really connecting emotionally with the characters. The world doesn't feel lived in by residents experiencing trauma. It's more felt as occupied by people created simply for scene decoration.
That was one of the things I heard about the game. The same dialogue/monologue, bad lip syncing and some other audio issues.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Ok, so I beat Absolution on a professional setting and I unlocked a gang of shit in the campaign. I think one day I may pick it back up and play on normal just to run through the story and collect shit. Again, it was the first hitman I have played and while I did find a couple of issues with gameplay design, the overall game was good. I won't be playing a stealth game for a minute (so Dishonored and MOTN will have to wait) but it was a good ride.

Gotta knock something else out in a day or two. Don't want to play stealth or a third person game, so that leaves a first person. Dishonored may be the only first person game I have where there is a reason to go back to (I have the dlc) but it's stealth. Ok, I have a side scroller in Shadow Complex, I may just fuck with that but shit that has a bit of stealth.

And typing all of this out helps me think, lol. I gotta beat these games before I cop the new gen systems.

ETA: OK, I got it, Mirror's Edge. I'll play that. No stealth there, just platforming and combat.

Last edited:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Absolutely LOVE the Dead Space games, even DS3, which a lot of people didn't like. I hope you enjoy them.
Dude, yeah. I thought I saw somebody here that loved it. It seems maybe I read you talking it up. I'm excited. I haven't really played horror titles since Silent Hill 3 (ps2).

But after the new Playable Trailer for Silent Hills and The Evil Within, I have been wanting to get back into it.
HERESY @HERESY have you played Dishonored yet? Bethesda titles are pretty amazing to me.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Dude, yeah. I thought I saw somebody here that loved it. It seems maybe I read you talking it up. I'm excited. I haven't really played horror titles since Silent Hill 3 (ps2).

But after the new Playable Trailer for Silent Hills and The Evil Within, I have been wanting to get back into it.

HERESY @HERESY have you played Dishonored yet? Bethesda titles are pretty amazing to me.
Yes I played Dishonored but I have the two story DLCs that I need to play so I have to pick it back up. Dishonored is on point, bro, you can't t go wrong with it.

Dead Space is on point, definitely worth picking up if you are into Survival Horror. The story is sick, there is a lot of enemy variety, you absolutely must kill the enemies the right way or you will die, the graphics are good, the tension is there, etc. I've played all three and for me it's 2, 1, 3. Also, if you get it on PS3 you also get Dead Space Extraction HD. This is the HD version of a game that was exclusive to the wii and one of the best wii games to date. It's not a third person but more first person and on rails. Reviews for it tend to hover in the 7's to 9's so if you have both consoles get it for PS3.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I'm almost through with Dishonored. I dig it. Bethesda made some quality gaming.

On chapter 2 in Dead Space. I've had a couple big jump scares already, and looking forward to more. I really like the clean screen without HUD. The weapons are pretty righteous, as well.
No, Bethesda actually makes poor quality games. They knowingly released Skyrim in a broken state, the issues literally killed PS3s, they thought they could fix the issue and I it took them over a year. Arkane made Dishonored and they deserve the credit for the game being what it is. BTW, Dishonored is what Thief should have been. Sadly, the new Thief doesn't even come close. I don't even want to pick it up for the $7.99 bargain price.

One of the things that caught my eye with DS was the clean screen and how the HUD is incorporated in the suit.

Right now I'm playing Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Bad camera. This atrocious camera and the lack of truth stealth mechanics or crouching hinders this game. But goddamn it this camera is one of the worst in gaming.