The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Ground Zeroes. I love this game and its mechanics, but the one-hour mission and subsequent sub-missions is a little bogus. I'd be pissed if I had bought the game.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Have you PS4 owners looked into the Playstation TV? Basically it's a small ass device that allows you to play Vita, PSP, PS1 games on your tv. You can even stream PS3 games on it. You guys may need it because you can stream your PS4 games on it. PS4 in the living room, Playstation TV in your room, and you won't need another PS4. Downside is it streams at 720p instead of 1080p. But I have one coming my way (it was a gift) and I'll be using it for Vita titles.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Southpark Stick Of Truth RPG

It's not really something you can get into. More for fun. I have about a 45 minute threshold of that game before it gets boring and I turn it off.
True. To me its the definition of a redbox game. I redbox'd it for two days when it was new, easily beat it. No reason to buy it.

Bought Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition which includes every DLC and preorder exclusive and all add-ons. For fuckin $14 after tax from gamestop lol. Wow. Best dollar to entertainment hours ratio there is.

Jun 24, 2005
The last game I was really playing was the new Madden. I haven't played anything for almost a month though cuz we're in a temporary living situation til we can move.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
So last night I beat Borderlands 2. It's a good game. The humor was actually good at times and Claptrap is not running his mouth 24/7 like the first game. I'd give it an 8.5, some fetch quests became tiresome and there were no real set pieces, but the game was good. Handsome Jack = Best villian in a long time. What a fuckin nutcase.

Since I'm in recovery mode from this surgery I'm gonna knock out a few more titles. I have The Walking Dead Season 2, Dishonored (the two story DLC's which should clock in at like 8 hours) and a Mass Effect trilogy run which includes all the DLC's (four of which I didn't have.)

What should I play?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Pretty cool game, but also a cookie cutter copy of other platformers in some ways. You begin with all of your upgrades, you get stripped of the upgrades, your real quest begins, you seek out the persons responsible for your issues, you do some quests involving the chasing down of multiple seals in order to open some doors, etc.

With that said, the fighting mechanics are through the roof, though the fight-camera tracking movements often reset in the middle of a combo, leaving you to dodge the wrong direction you thought you were dodging from.

Medium on this game is Hard. Hard is insane mode, as far as I'm concerned. The challenges are pretty unique in that much of the climbing to new areas is difficult to discover, and the developers didn't want to hold your hand as you traversed the game's multiple maps.

7/10

This would be higher, but the core mechanics of the plot structure are all too familiar.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
This War of Mine. It's a survival/scavenging sidescroller about a group of civilians surviving a siege of their city during a war. There's permadeath and food is pretty hard to come by. You sometimes gotta make fucked up decisions and if you make the same character murder people over and over they might break down and kill themselves. It's out for PC but the system requirements are pretty low if you wanna check it out.