VGF's Random Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I thought the video game forum could use a random thread, there's been a lot of times I've seen on other sites, noteworthy yet not "thread worthy" news on games. So I made this thread to post them in one place instead of a bunch of threads that get 1-2 replies. Feel free to add on to it and post up random video game related pics or videos if you want.

To start the thread off, Zone of the Enders 1 & 2 are getting an HD remake.

After years of fans clamoring for a new game, Konami today announced that it would be bringing the first two Zone of the Enders titles to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 with Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

The title was announced at Konami's pre-E3 show today. It will be in 1080p and, in order to fit the new resolution, the games' 2D assets are being redone. And, of course, the requisite addition of Achievements and Trophies will be included in either version of the collection.

One other noteworthy new feature is it being "transfarring enabled." Transfarring is Kojima Production's new PS3/PSP save game connectivity feature which will also be seen in the Metal Gear HD Collection. We're unsure about the exact details of what this entails; it's possibly PSP- or NGP-related.

It may not be as good as an entirely new game, but the collection can only bode well for the chances of Zone of the Enders 3 eventually happening. Kojima himself has previously promised a sequel, although he said last summer that it had been "pushed to the back."
I guess Silent Hill is jumping on the bandwagon too. Konami is serious about milking money out of existing games lol.

Alongside the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections announced during Konami's pre-E3 show today was word that two Silent Hill games will also be getting the HD treatment.

Strangely, as was the case with MGS, the first game won't be included -- the Silent Hill HD Collection will include only Silent Hill 2 and 3. Both games will be released in HD, although which systems they'll be available on wasn't mentioned, nor was a release date. Like the other two collections, the safe bet seems to be that it'll come to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but we'll have to wait for official word from Konami on that.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Choplifter HD, which is more than a basic HD-ification of the classic '80s game, will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade -- the game was previously announced only for PSN and PC. Destructoid has a video showing off lots of gameplay, the zombie mode and a totally random appearance by Super Meat Boy.

The deeper look at the gameplay reveals that even after 20-something years some things in Choplifter just don't change. Like, squashing hostages, something that is sure to drive a whole new generation of the gaming population absolutely nuts! Also, when you aren't squashing hostages, it appears you'll still be waiting on them to get their butts in the choppa. Oh, how we long for a "move out of the landing zone and run to the chopper like your life depends on it" button

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Gamers work well in teams. We've slaughtered zombies, repelled rebels, routed RED (or BLU)—all with the help of our friends. Now we get to rob banks.

In a bit of pre-E3 flirtation, Sony Online Entertainment has announced Payday: The Heist for the PS3 and PC, a squad-based cooperative shooter that casts players in the role of a "hardened career criminal" attempting to orchestrate a number of dicey, large-scale heists. Developer Overkill Software promises prospective gamers the chance to raid a bank vault, manage hostages in a hijacked armored car, and infliltrate a top-secret, high-security facility.

The mission structure appears reminiscent of Valve's Left 4 Dead; law enforcement agents—rather than zombies—will spawn in waves, their deployment and behavior patterns guided by a "dynamic" and "adaptive" scripting system. SOE's press release describes "FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows...special units crawling through the ventilation shafts," and emphasizes the importantance of cooperative teamwork in repelling foes.

Players will be encouraged to revisit missions in order to develop their character along a "massive progression tree," and will be given the option to select one of three specialties: assault, sharp-shooting or support.

Payday: The Heist is due to launch later this year on the PlayStation Network and PC via digital download, and, according to Sony, will run for "less than half the price of a retail game."

We've been told that we'll get a taste of the game at SOE's booth at E3— we'll try to keep you posted on the how the title shapes up.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

The Ninja Gaiden series has always been violent. Even with Tomonobu Itagaki gone from Team Ninja and off working on Devil's Third, Ninja Gaiden 3 will be as bloody as ever.

Japanese publication Famitsu has posted a number of screenshots showing Ryu Hayabusa slicing and dicing his enemies. It's noted by Famitsu that Ryu's right arm begins to glow red as he kills more enemies. You can see in the screen below that his arm is looking pretty strange; maybe that's a way of keeping track of some sort of attack you can unleash once it's fully charged. That's simply a guess at this point -- hopefully we'll learn more about it when the game is shown next week at E3.

The game is said to be 30% complete, so don't take these screens as a final indication of what the game will look like when it's released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next year.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Darksiders II Puts You in the Shoes of Death

First said to be in production by THQ core games VP Danny Bilson last year, the publisher today formally announced that Darksiders II is in development.

The game has you assuming the role of another of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as Bilson also previously indicated. Replacing War will be Death, whose story takes place at the same time as the original Darksiders'. A press release says the game will have a "dramatically larger world," a full upgrade system for weapons and armor, and bigger and tougher dungeons.

The artwork above (from comic book artist Joe Madureira) comes courtesy of Game Informer which is featuring the game on its upcoming July cover. GI mentions the game as having a "detailed loot system," but beyond that details are awfully scarce.

The game will be coming to all three platforms the original game did -- PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 -- sometime in 2012.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
I thought the video game forum could use a random thread, there's been a lot of times I've seen on other sites, noteworthy yet not "thread worthy" news on games. So I made this thread to post them in one place instead of a bunch of threads that get 1-2 replies. Feel free to add on to it and post up random video game related pics or videos if you want.

To start the thread off, Zone of the Enders 1 & 2 are getting an HD remake.

I guess Silent Hill is jumping on the bandwagon too. Konami is serious about milking money out of existing games lol.
I'm buying all three of these shits (Zone of the Enders, Silent Hill and MGS).

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
lol at MTT messing up als thread anyways....

BACK TO MY MISSION,

i was about to make a thread about the heist but i guess not? this is starting to turn very communist in here....MTT you ol commie bastid you

Apr 2, 2010
Silent Hill 3 remake in HD...fuck yes! They better make some add ons and additional content to the game.

Zone of the Enders was cool, MGS will be a interesting remake. Will they make MGS3 online like it was on the PS2?

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Gamers work well in teams. We've slaughtered zombies, repelled rebels, routed RED (or BLU)—all with the help of our friends. Now we get to rob banks.

In a bit of pre-E3 flirtation, Sony Online Entertainment has announced Payday: The Heist for the PS3 and PC, a squad-based cooperative shooter that casts players in the role of a "hardened career criminal" attempting to orchestrate a number of dicey, large-scale heists. Developer Overkill Software promises prospective gamers the chance to raid a bank vault, manage hostages in a hijacked armored car, and infliltrate a top-secret, high-security facility.

The mission structure appears reminiscent of Valve's Left 4 Dead; law enforcement agents—rather than zombies—will spawn in waves, their deployment and behavior patterns guided by a "dynamic" and "adaptive" scripting system. SOE's press release describes "FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows...special units crawling through the ventilation shafts," and emphasizes the importantance of cooperative teamwork in repelling foes.

Players will be encouraged to revisit missions in order to develop their character along a "massive progression tree," and will be given the option to select one of three specialties: assault, sharp-shooting or support.

Payday: The Heist is due to launch later this year on the PlayStation Network and PC via digital download, and, according to Sony, will run for "less than half the price of a retail game."

We've been told that we'll get a taste of the game at SOE's booth at E3— we'll try to keep you posted on the how the title shapes up.
i have a feeling this game will not come out without flak