VGF's Random Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
part one infamous on evil mode is, this new booty ass softy aint..

my g1 died on me. had to switch to #teamblackberry

i realized how much android battery life sucks with the touch screen.
fuckin blackberrys dont die. like 3 days strong and then it takes like 15 minutes to fully charge this bitch
#traytor

:mad:

but i feel you, leave that shit on 80 overnight with no plug and that shits easily less then 50 by sunup

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^Yeah.

You'll be able to revisit the world of Dead Rising 2 with the series' first protagonist, Frank West, at a bargain price this fall.

DR2 starred new character Chuck Greene, abandoning the star of the first game in the process. West made a return with downloadable title Case West before Capcom announced that a new DR2 spin-off, Off the Record, would star him.

After the new game was shown off earlier this year, there was a good deal of concern that there wouldn't be enough new content to justify a full game release. Some wondered why it wasn't being released as downloadable content for DR2 or as a downloadable game. Whether or not either of those formats would have been better suited it, Capcom has announced that the game won't cost $60, backing up comments from April that it would be "appropriately priced." The price deemed to be appropriate is $39.99 in North America, Eurogamer reports.

Besides playing as West, Off the Record will be filled with new weapons, combos, bosses, items, and environments, including the Uranus Zone amusement park seen in the trailer above. Executive producer Jason Leigh told Eurogamer about the need to show more of the game at E3 to prove to fans that they weren't being swindled.

"There's a ton of added value here," he said. "We have the new environment, weapons, combo weapons, new clothing, food items, vehicles, new bosses and the new story. It's a much bigger game than Dead Rising 2 was. Either for return players coming back, they'll get a very different experience, or for people who have never played a Dead Rising game, or perhaps have only played the first one, they're getting a full-fledged product for a budget price. That's awesome."

It wouldn't be fair to judge the price without seeing the final package and everything it will include. But as of now, let us know if you would consider picking up Off the Record in the comments below. Keep in mind that Dead Rising enthusiasts have already been asked to spend upwards of $75 on the Dead Rising 2 'series' between the retail game and the (XBLA-exclusive) downloadable prequels, not to mention additional DLC packs.
$40? It better be huge or Capcom is on hubba.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Oh, I remember now. . .

I bought this Bioshock themed t-shirt on TeeFury the other day.

Political fucks think I'm condoning Alaskan drilling.

i swear people will read into anything to find their desired outlook.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
sounds about right you (insert whatever side wants to drill) fuck

lol

heresy, these indies..do they fucks with ps3 games as well? i imagine their games being more about quality..i need to look into those you listed

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Al, I'm not even lying. The TeeFury page on facebook has people who have no idea about Bioshock guessing it's either about the South Park reference to BP or to Sarah Palin.

I'm going to start telling people I agree to frakking in Central Arkansas that caused innumerable earth quakes last year if I keep getting funny looks.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

The developers at Way Forward, veterans of recent 3D remakes and sequels to games like Contra and A Boy and His Blob are turning BloodRayne, a 3D action game series about a sexy lady vampire that launched nine years ago, into a 2D action brawler.

They're emphasizing blood over sex appeal. Lots of blood. And just a smidge of that sexiness. In fact, the developers told me, when they showed me the game at E3, that BloodRayne's idle animation is the main sexy thing they put in the game. I had to film it, of course, which I did, so that you can judge it. Just watch the video at the top of this story here.

BloodRayne Betrayal was surprisingly impressive. You move the heroine swiftly through striking stages that all look hand-drawn. There are nearly 4000 frames of animation for our leading lady, I was told. She doesn't have much defense—dashing is her primary means of escape—but she can slice enemies up well and also either suck their blood or blow them up. For those last two actions, she stuns the enemy and then can drain their blood to regain health or poison them, which makes them prone to explosions. Well-executed bites like that will cause one enemy to set off a chain of detonating enemies. WayForward calls that the "chain explosion" and says that's the signature new mechanic they've added.

The game plays fluidly and fast (watch its trailer for proof). If you like side-scrolling hack and slash games, keep this on your radar. It will be out this summer as a downloadable game in August on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
hmm, the OG kind of sucked, but Way Forward is pretty good with 2D games, so this might be good

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I was just thinking about Pikmin 2 and how much I liked that game, I sold it to gamestop after I got 100% thinking I would never want to pick it up again. Now that I do want to play it again, I was browsing amazon and it goes from $90-$140 new and starts at $40 used lol. I fail for ever selling that game. :(