VGF's Random Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Kojima missed this years E3 so he did a short interview telling/hinting at what he;s up to for the near future.

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima recently said on Twitter that he would not be attending E3 this year. Instead, he sat down for a video interview with former 1UP editor and current 8-4 employee Mark MacDonald for a chat. That video was released today as a part of Konami's pre-E3 event today.

The subject of Metal Gear Solid: Rising was covered briefly. There won't be any big announcements regarding it at E3 this year and it's still on track for release in 2012. The game has had a prominent showing for the past two years at E3.

Kojima went on to say his next game is still in the planning phase, offering little more than that. He did show a brand-new engine Kojima Productions is developing known as the Fox Engine. It'll be used in his next game and, unlike in the past where the developer worked on specific platforms, the Fox Engine is "paving the road to go multiplatform for future titles." (A mouse, PS3 controller, and Xbox 360 controller were the three different platforms that it seems to be designed for.) The hope is it will reduce development time so that games can be released more frequently. Work began on it after Metal Gear Solid 4 was finished and it continued to be developed as Peace Walker was made.

The new title was referred to only as an "upcoming, unannounced game." What's seen in the video is stuff being done for research; it won't necessarily make it into the new game. Kojima "really can't say much about when" we'll learn more about it, but it will be multiplatform, transferring-enabled (Kojima Production's new save game connectivity feature), and designed for a global audience.

Kojima teased that next year could see the release of Rising and maybe even other games. He didn't offer up anything more than that, simply calling 2011 a "year of preparations for Kojima Productions." Both Metal Gear Solid 3D and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be out this year.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I know, that's where I got it from, I was waiting for the video to pop up on youtube, goons no likey links. Get with the program you ediot.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Square Enix expects losses of over 150 million this year, also known as over -200% loss if you want to get fancy with percentages. Square Enix blames the earthquake for the most part. Final Fantasy XIV had nothing to do with it, it was mostly the earthquake. Seriously, apparently Square Enix lost most their money in March due to repairs, costs to maintain, developments closing, etc. Plus all the money they lost on FFXIV for not being up for a while.

On the bright side, Versus XIII is still due out for late 2012, so all will be well in Square Enix's 2013 fiscal report...as every Kingdom Hearts fan, Nomura fan, and hardcore Final Fantasy fan have been expecting this game since 2005.

Nomura is still keeping Versus XIII exclusive to the PS3, and he can casually confirm that his name alone will sell more copies than FFXIII did.
Damn.

Apr 2, 2010
Only reason I care about that is because they bought a shitload of companies out and Eidos is one of them^

I hope they get back on their grind from this, they can make that money back on just a couple titles.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Seriously they could recoup all those losses and more with a PS3 remake of FFVII.

Here's the canceled game Gun Loco, I could see why they put the kibosh on it.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
E3 2011: Walking Dead's New Main Character

Telltale has revealed a few new details about the forthcoming Walking Dead Game. While we're still waiting on information on gameplay and what the game will look like, Telltale did spill the beans on some aspects of the story and the general tone of the game, as well as a few pieces of concept art.

The Walking Dead will not be telling the same story as the comics or television show, but will instead focus on an original new main character. Even though the story's not centered around them, certain characters and locations from the comics will make appearances in the game as touchstones to keep the two connected. Lee Everett is a convict who's being taken to prison when the zombie outbreak begins. After the police car he's riding in crashes, he's able to escape, and is trying to get out of Atlanta at about the same time Rick Grimes, the main character from the comic, is on his way there.

In his quest to survive the madness, Lee will encounter a 7-year-old girl named Clementine who's left by herself. Lee will decide to take her with him, thus forcing him to think less of his own survival and more about the survival of Clementine, and the human race as a whole.

Telltale said this human element will be a main theme of the game, setting up emotional moments in choices that are made away from the madness of zombie fighting, which means if you were looking for a Left 4 Dead-style experience, you're not going to get it in the Walking Dead.

--------------------------------

um...if you read it, you may shit bricks

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Well I never got into the show or graphic novel, so what? The fact that it sounds like they're biting the dynamics of Bioshock 2 where he's playing the Big Daddy to Clementine's Little Sister? Impressive....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
In his quest to survive the madness, Lee will encounter a 7-year-old girl named Clementine who's left by herself. Lee will decide to take her with him, thus forcing him to think less of his own survival and more about the survival of Clementine, and the human race as a whole.
kinda has a rapey vibe..

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
^
YES. i been saying that since playstation was first announced. i loved the audibles "KILL THE REF"..hockey i didnt fuck with as much but football was my shit.

you got a droid dont you breh? they got apps and roms that enable you to play that shit

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
ToysRus Weekly Ad 6/12/11 - 6/18/11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$50 gc with purchase of PS3 320GB Move system and/or XBOX 360 250GB Kinect system.

$10 gc with purchase of PSP-3000 Father's Day Bundle (Includes MLB 11 and Gran Turismo).

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off ALL Video Games priced UP to $19.99.

15% off ALL Apple Itunes, Microsoft Live, Nintendo Points, and Playstation Network Cards.

Save $20 when buy both The Green Lantern DVD and Video Game for PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii.

Free Duke Nukem Figure ($14.99 value) with purchase of Duke Nukem Forever for PS3/360.

Wipeout In the Zone (360)- $34.99

Child of Eden (360)- $49.99

Red Faction Armageddon (PS3/360)- $49.99

WWE All-Stars (PS3/360)- $49.99

Portal 2 (PS3/360)- $39.99

Jan 9, 2009
^
YES. i been saying that since playstation was first announced. i loved the audibles "KILL THE REF"..hockey i didnt fuck with as much but football was my shit.

you got a droid dont you breh? they got apps and roms that enable you to play that shit
my g1 died on me. had to switch to #teamblackberry

i realized how much android battery life sucks with the touch screen.
fuckin blackberrys dont die. like 3 days strong and then it takes like 15 minutes to fully charge this bitch

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

Gotham City Imposters reminds me of the early 00s, when Half-Life and Unreal Tournament multiplayer mods occupied the majority of my time. From this perspective, Imposters isn't a blatant clone of a popular series but an interesting twist on it. That series being Call of Duty, and the twist being Batman's gadgets and support items.

In nearly every facet, Imposters recalls CoD. From shooting to capturing a node on the map, the game feels like a carbon-copy. The only substantial addition to the formula are the gadgets and support items each player can use. I used the grappling hook in the demo, which drastically changed the flow of the game. It gives the player the ability to latch onto any surface and quickly move toward it.

Half of the fun is seeing what you can get away with, with the gadgets. I spent most of the demo clinging to the highest walls on the map and dropping on enemies with a knife kill. This might sound like a feature, reminiscent of Assassin's Creed but, in truth, it's just me seeing what I can get away with, with the tools provided. Along with the grappling hooks, players also have access to glider wings, rollerskates, and more, yet-to-be-announced gadgets. There are also support items which take the place of projectiles and grenades.

Tonally, Imposters has more in common with the Batman animated series than Arkham Asylum. Everything from the run down amusement park map featured in the multiplayer demo to the character design has a colorful, light-hearted feel to it. Well, as light-hearted as criminal gangs donning clown masks can be.

I call Imposters a CoD mod in the most endearing way possible. The game re-skins and renames a game familiar to many players, while adding enough new features to change things up. The game isn't exactly daring or the best fit for the liscenese, but it's a lot of fun for a downloadable title (available via PSN, XBLA and PC).

Call of Duty with ominous clowns and a grappling hook? Sure, I'll download that.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

It's Namco Vs. Capcom Vs. Sony when Street Fighter X Tekken hits the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, as Infamous' Cole MacGrath joins the roster of the amalgamated fighting game.

It doesn't have to make sense. Let's just call the lightning-powered hero Blanka's long-lost brother and be done with it. The brand-exclusive fighter will appear on both the console and portable versions of Street Fighter X Tekken, making the tough moral choice to kick the ass of anyone who opposes him.

Perhaps this means there'll be exclusive Xbox 360 characters as well? Might I suggest Coltrane from Gears of War?
Never played Infamous so I'm not sure how I feel about this guy being in the game.