Titanfall

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2006
Resolution is off the chains at 792p lol Thats pretty embarrassing for your big mega exclusive game
We'll see how this thing sells. I don't think people are gonna go in and think about the resolution on it or not. The demo was pretty dope. Plus my tv is only 42" , it's not like I would notice a huge difference anyways

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
We'll see how this thing sells. I don't think people are gonna go in and think about the resolution on it or not. The demo was pretty dope. Plus my tv is only 42" , it's not like I would notice a huge difference anyways
You can trade a X1 game for $45 til tomorrow at Best Buy $47 if you're a gamer club unlocked.

Ghosts is $40 at Target now, if not they'll pricematch their website. Plus a 35% off price on Target Cartwheel app. I did that plus had a $15 giftcard, paid $12.xx out of pocket. Took it to BB for $47 to use on Titanfall tomorrow

Jan 18, 2006
Titanfall On Xbox One Struggles with Framerate Despite 792p Resolution

The Xbox One will have to look elsewhere to demonstrate its hardware capabilities.

This is a big week not only for Xbox One and gaming PC owners, but the gaming industry as a whole. A new IP will be birthed tomorrow under the name Titanfall. Its fresh take on the FPS genre has resonated well with many. However, its technical side might not.

The Xbox One version of Titanfall hasn't been able to nail down the 60 FPS sweet spot like many were expecting. Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann has noticed some unfortunate framerate drops when playing the game, which he noted in his pre-review:

The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match–where every player spawns in a robot suit–several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout.
I experienced similar issues during the beta, hoping that the final version would flesh everything out. It appears Respawn wasn't able to address the issue in time for launch.

What makes this particularly alarming is that the Xbox One version runs at a 792p resolution. It's not much more demanding than 720p, the resolution the Xbox 360 was able to run games like Call of Duty at during last gen without missing a beat.

To make matters worse, Titanfall isn't a very visually striking game. Yes, it is presented well, but underneath its polish is a game that runs on the 10-year old Source Engine. It's not a graphical showcase by any means.

Although this comes as a shock, let's not be too hasty to string a noose around the Xbox One's throat. This is a game developed by Respawn Entertainment, a studio that has no relationship with Microsoft outside of the console exclusive deal EA worked out. It might not be the game that shows what the Xbox One hardware is capable of, but it's not a first-party game.

Some speculate that Respawn was planning to run Titanfall on Xbox One at a 720p resolution, as was "leaked" by CBOAT on the NeoGAF forums. These speculations argue that Respawn was pressured to up the resolution by Microsoft in order to make the Xbox One version appear more alluring. Whether or not the rumors are true is unclear, but it doesn't sound unreasonable.

Titanfall On Xbox One Struggles with Framerate Despite 792p Resolution - CraveOnline

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
You can trade a X1 game for $45 til tomorrow at Best Buy $47 if you're a gamer club unlocked.

Ghosts is $40 at Target now, if not they'll pricematch their website. Plus a 35% off price on Target Cartwheel app. I did that plus had a $15 giftcard, paid $12.xx out of pocket. Took it to BB for $47 to use on Titanfall tomorrow
You are always on your hustle homie!
I applaud your grind..haha

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
If this game is dope as fuck great if not i'll trade it...
I went to game stop for my pick up receipt and the 2 clerks were fan boy waring about it...
one dude did make a compelling argument about how EA sucks and stuff..
im kinda high but it annoyed cuz it kind of fucked off my anticipation of playing it..
then I just realized the install time that this fucking machine requires and realized I might not even be playing til like 2ish... il give a good review manana and prolly browse the sicc til im on.

Oct 3, 2006
If this game is dope as fuck great if not i'll trade it...
I went to game stop for my pick up receipt and the 2 clerks were fan boy waring about it...
one dude did make a compelling argument about how EA sucks and stuff..
im kinda high but it annoyed cuz it kind of fucked off my anticipation of playing it..
then I just realized the install time that this fucking machine requires and realized I might not even be playing til like 2ish... il give a good review manana and prolly browse the sicc til im on.
EA does suck, especially with how they fucked up BF4. But this game should be an exception, lol. I think I will skip my class tonight to fuck with this also. #Truegamer haha