Dark Souls

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
Anyone here (that we might know each other) play Dark Souls? Still playing it or planning on getting the new one on Xbox??

Since it came out its like the only game I play other than some GOW.

If you know the game well, and know what a "Giant Dad" is, you might like some funny vids I made about the game:

Dark Souls Football - YouTube

Sen's Balance Beam Routine - Dark Souls Sunbro Gymnastics! - YouTube

Giant Dad's Story of Humanity Abuse - a Dark Souls Tragedy - YouTube

the official: ABC's of Dark Souls Alphabet Song - YouTube

Jun 24, 2005
i almost bought it today

you play dragons dogma dark arisen? that game is fuckin dope and i heard its kinda like dark souls. i think its free right now on playstation plus
It was free last month. I was a day late checking for PS3 so I didn't get it.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
Its my favorite game, by far. I hear a lot of people compare the fighting style to Dragons Dogma. I think I need to check that out finally.

Id say if you like these types of games and come across a deal, its worth it.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i picked up dark souls 2 earlier this week. probably my favorite franchise over the last couple years. there is nothing like it. no game gives you the up and downs like a dark souls. so rewarding. games are too fuckin easy these days

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Intrigued by this game but heard it was hard as fuck. Can we get a mixerr review? Is it fun or just frustrating?
its not as hard as people say it is once you understand how the game works. this time around i knew what to expect so it made everything way easier. sure its still tough and you are still gonna die a lot but once you learn its not the game thats hard, its that you suck, it makes things make more sense

so you either want to get better and show the game it aint shit OR say fuck this game its too fuckin hard. both valid haha

May 4, 2002
Lol yeah this game isnt for me. Ive played for 3 hrs and havnt done a god damn thing. Except lvl up.

Trying to fight more then 2 undead as a wizard gets you killed. 3 hits and you're dead.

Redbox saves $60 again.

Oct 19, 2008
its not as hard as people say it is once you understand how the game works. this time around i knew what to expect so it made everything way easier. sure its still tough and you are still gonna die a lot but once you learn its not the game thats hard, its that you suck, it makes things make more sense

so you either want to get better and show the game it aint shit OR say fuck this game its too fuckin hard. both valid haha
Real talk your avg. gamer can't get into games like these but fuck these games are over the top, n rewarding as fucc. Somthing you don't see in games anymore

Your last statement sums it up

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Gratification is something that is missing from games these days. I can't stand when I go into Gamestop and hearing these nerds talking about they beat a game in a weekend. That crap was impossible back in the day. You didn't hear of people beating Mario 3 the weekend it came out, or Mario World, Zelda etc... Now it's common. Y'all sold me on this game, I'll probably check it out.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I copped this last week, got the first chance to play it last night. The beginning of the game is the most impressive video game I've ever seen on a console and unlike any game I've ever played. It is kinda hard trying to figure out the controls and where the hell you're supposed to be going. It's frustrating when it looks like you can jump up on something but I don't even know if you can jump at all?

The dude at gamestop suggest being a knight. The other ones are going to be a lot harder starting out as someone mentioned before.

Jun 11, 2004
Post an update later I'm curious if you think this shit is fun or too hard. I wanna cop both dark souls but wonder if i have the time and patience to endure the frustration the games are known for. Seems like theres so many games to play and so little time that I don't know if I can do it lol

Oct 19, 2008
Stick with it breh, I'm on my 2nd play through NG+. Love this game, 2nd play is a lil easier at parts but the new enemies they throw at you are tough, also been doing some pvp online. Jus stick with it it gets easier but not much.

Starting off really doesn't matter what u pick. Try and spread out your lvls til around 20 each of what type of build you going for...stamina & strength is the ones ur gunna wanna get up first, rolling saves your ass(find a shield or buy one ASAP)

You got no clue what you in for folks, enjoy

This is a good link to help, if things don't make sense google em

Seven Things to Find Early in Dark Souls 2 - Dark Souls II Wiki Guide - IGN

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Starting+Classes

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
That is a big help, thanks man. I died so many times already because of the one old dude with the big blue sword that is just chillin when you walk up in that first land that is sunny (not sure if you necessarily went that way). I started funk with him and he keeps killing me but it's teaching me to fight. But I've died so many times that my health starts at half which sucks.

Oct 19, 2008
That is a big help, thanks man. I died so many times already because of the one old dude with the big blue sword that is just chillin when you walk up in that first land that is sunny (not sure if you necessarily went that way). I started funk with him and he keeps killing me but it's teaching me to fight. But I've died so many times that my health starts at half which sucks.
Lol that's a NPC, you shouldn't kill him he a summon you can use later to help you against bosses or u can choose to fight him for his gear. But since your prolly a low lvl you can't wear or wield it yet.

And yes if you die a lot your health will be capped at 50%

Unless you have the ring of binding (keep health at 75%) when hollowed - that link I posted

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Ring+of+Binding

Or you can use effigys to makes you human and you'll have 100% again n will go down in health every time you die til 50% unless u have that ring

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Human+Effigy