R-TRUTH? EAZY-E? 2PAC? WTF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
lol

The Truth from North Carolina

WWE gears up for another big PPV event tomorrow with Elimination Chamber. The show will take place in the city of Minneapolis, MN and will be the last PPV before the mega one of them all, WrestleMania.

Before heading out to the City of Lakes, we caught up with one of the most exciting wrestlers on the WWE roster, R-Truth to discuss the current state of his character, his experience in the music business before getting involved with wrestling, his encounter with the late great, Tupac and much more.

Check out our interview with WWE Superstar R-Truth below, and make sure to catch him each and every Monday Night on Raw and on WWE’s Friday night show, Smackdown.

A picture of you and Wiz Khalifa recently circled the net after a Monday Night Raw in the city of Los Angeles backstage, was it your first time meeting Wiz? and from what I hear a recording between you both is in the talks – will that be for his upcoming project or something that you are working on?

On mine, but if he’s doing something that he wants me to be a part of I would be glad to do so. That night was actually Wiz’s first WWE show and he was blown away. I got a chance to talk with him and told him I was working on my next album and asked him if he would be down to be part of it which he agreed – I asked him if he was down to spit a 16 on my next album, and he said “Let me know when, I’m ready” – I asked him if he would be down to walk down the ring with me at any given point he told me he was down for whatever, so that was huge for me. Especially being a fan of his music, the collaboration is going to be banging.

What other big name features can we expect on your upcoming album besides Wiz Khalifa?

I’ve spoken already with Juvenile. I’m in talks right now with DMX and MGK. I spoke a little bit with E-40 about doing something but thats not confirmed yet, but I’m still working on features. I already got John Cena on two tracks and thats banging already, so expect that.

What made you get into the music business?

I pretty much grew up in music. My dad played the guitar, so I’ve always had the ear and the love for music. Growing up in North Carolina the music was everywhere. As a matter of fact, when I was younger I would always attend the Jack the Rapper Music Convention in Atlanta that was held every year. I met so many celebrities from there – I met Tupac, Eazy-E, Kwame, Chubb Rock, Tracey Spencer, Digital Underground and the list goes on. I used to be the opening act for artist of this caliber, so I’ve been doing this for years now.

How was your encounter with Tupac?

That was awesome. I met Tupac pretty much right after he did the movie Juice, so he was already with Digital Underground, but he was on his own rise at this time. He was very humble, down to earth, a very cool guy. In fact, he actually paid for my food a couple of times – I mean he was very humble dude.

*credit goes to dude on another site who posted this...