Exclusive: DJ Birdy Calls For A "No Fly Zone" For Artist TeeFlii & Says The Old San Diego Rap Sound Is Hurting The Scene

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Siccness.net

#1 Source for Rap Music!
Feb 12, 2014
Season 2 of H.E.R (High End Radio) powered by the Siccness Network, kicked off its weekly show with a returning guest, the outspoken San Diego Urban Disc Jockey, DJ Birdy Bird.

The High End staff reached out to Birdy Bird after a social network post via Facebook concerning rising artist TeeFlii and a call from the DJ for a "No Fly Zone" for the artist and his camp. He would also speak on the lack of work from the artist in his native city, club venues and how he feels the old Gangsta Rap sound of San Diego and its creators,...

Click here to Read More

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
The only thing I disagree with is Dago changin its whole formula to be accepted by "others".
I would like to see Dago changing its formula to appeal/be accepted by people other than southeast San Diego residents. We have the best weather, we got bitches of all different ethnicities, sea world, beaches, why doesn't our music reflect that?

I have nothing against the OG sound, when its done well. The problem is, other than a handful of cats, the og sound is pooly executed in most cases, which in turn hurts the overall scene.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I would like to see Dago changing its formula to appeal/be accepted by people other than southeast San Diego residents. We have the best weather, we got bitches of all different ethnicities, sea world, beaches, why doesn't our music reflect that?

I have nothing against the OG sound, when its done well. The problem is, other than a handful of cats, the og sound is pooly executed in most cases, which in turn hurts the overall scene.

I've heard songs on certain projects that have broken the mold.

But I dont see a "push" for those projects....or support from the masses (SD).

Case in point, Oso Oceans 2nd project "The Whole 9.2" .... while not my cup of tea for the most part, that is a solid album imo with a few songs that I felt could really go somewhere. I never really heard anybody talk about it, maybe ot they are, but I dont hear anything here.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I've heard songs on certain projects that have broken the mold.

But I dont see a "push" for those projects....or support from the masses (SD).

Case in point, Oso Oceans 2nd project "The Whole 9.2" .... while not my cup of tea for the most part, that is a solid album imo with a few songs that I felt could really go somewhere. I never really heard anybody talk about it, maybe ot they are, but I dont hear anything here.
I think its gonna take a lot more that a couple songs on an album to really get that push. I think Oso Ocean's release was solid, but I thing the lack of talk about it had more to do with the fact he is a new artist. He's still building his brand...It's a good start, but I'd like to see more of the established artist/camps coming up with some new shit.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I think its gonna take a lot more that a couple songs on an album to really get that push. I think Oso Ocean's release was solid, but I thing the lack of talk about it had more to do with the fact he is a new artist. He's still building his brand...It's a good start, but I'd like to see more of the established artist/camps coming up with some new shit.
I feel what you sayin, I was usin that album as an example.

As far as established artist making stuff out of the norm, your right, maybe we do need to see more of it. The only problem I see with that is possibly the alienation of the core fans. I say dont go all E-40 on us and make 5 albums of that "new" shit totally forgetting about your OG fans, half of us are still here.

And on the same token, if niggas did what they did and actually did shows and made their presence known then there wouldnt be an issue...

But then comes the real issue....the beef...the fonk from the lil homies out there everyday...

That shit gotta come to a happy medium first.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Its funny you mentioned 40, because I think he was one who was able to successfully transition into a different sound. But then again, going from Mobb to Hyphy to where he is now wasn't a drastic transition. But I'm a little different, I thought Breaking News was 40's best album.

I honestly think we don't need a happy medium, we need some shit to blow up that's completely left field. I guarantee you if we had a few Nelly or T-Pain-ish artists from San Diego get it crackin regionally it would be a lot easier for artists to transition.

C-HECC

Y.F.T.E _FLYGANG
Apr 10, 2009
DAYGO, CA
Foreal it's like mufuccaz is over analytical at this point, DA NIGGA T FLII BUSSIN MOVES AND LIKE IT OR NOT HE BUZZIN HARD NATIONWIDE INCLUDING DAYGO, SIMPLE MATHEMATICS MY NIGGAZ IF YOU ABOUT YO CRAFT AND WUT U PERUSIN CAINT SHIT STOP IT....DONT MATTER IF U OUTTA DAYGO OR BUMFUK EGYPT.... WUT I SEE SINCE BIRDY PUT THAT LIST OUT IS AH WHOLE LOTTA TALKIN AND NO ACTION, LETZ PROPERLY LOOK HOW SHIT POP OFF IN RAP, MCs AN DJz ARE LIKE PILOT AND CO PILOT, DA RAP ARTIST MAKES HOT SHIT, DA DJ BREAKS IT IN DA CLUB, ITS THA RAPPERS JOB TO GET DA STREET BUZZ BUT THA DJ GETS IT TO DA MASSES VIA CLUB ECT.... STREET TEAMS, INTERNET, RADIO PLAY, SHOWS AND A CONSTANT FLOW OF PRODUCT IS THE JOB OF DA RAPPER AND HIS LABEL OR TEAM, HOW MANY DJz ARE BREAKING DA NEWEST AND HOTTEST DAYGO RECORDS IN DA CLUB? HOW MANY RAPPERS AND SINGERS ARE PUTTIN PRODUCT IN EVERY CLUB DJz HAND? NOW WE ALL KNOW ITS POPPIN IN OUR CITY WHETHER ITZ OT FANZ OR NATIVES PEOPLE LOVE HOT MUSIC, GET YO TEAM ON IT USE WUT EVER BUDGET U GOT WISELY FUCC WUT THEEZ NIGGAZ TALKIN BOUT AND BUST MOVES FROM DAYGO TO WHEREVER.... SHIT IZ NONSENSE PIC AH BOOK UP AND FOLLOW DA STEPS.....

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
niggas need to put out they music and do them as an artist. no one needs a fuckin know it all telling everyone how when and why you should put your music out. last i checked an artist created art how he or she sees fit. im not calling dj birdy bird anything but what i dont agree with is 'the old scene hurting the new scene' none of that shit matters, everything else may have somewhat of a point but technically i feel like it is just being analyzed way too far

agree fully w hecc

as far as teefli, ive heard that song before it did pretty good on getting noticed , sometimes 24 hours will [play in my car i wont cut it off cuz it dont bother me, but thats really not my type of music anyway so i could give a fuck bout what he doin sayin or how he feels about san diego, shit dont matter to me. who cares. and im not exactly sure what teefli did because the whole phone interview shit is HELLA hard to understand even with good speakers and the shit loud, the phone shit just be hard to hear. thats why i always did my interviews in house but i understand everyone cant make it there

i think niggas need to stop bieng all in they feelings about other niggas. just focus on you and yo niggas and the people you like, and shit gon flow alot better. you dont like somethin dont pay that shit no mind.

i got my own opinion on the SD scene and im not gonna spend all my time talking about it right now ill discuss all that when its time but as for right now niggas just do them thats what matters i dont feel like no one needs to be coached it is what it is

Last edited:

C-HECC

Y.F.T.E _FLYGANG
Apr 10, 2009
DAYGO, CA
IF WE WERE TO FOCUS ON FLOODIN DIS MUTHFUCCA WIT HOT DAYGO MUSIC, EVERYBODY WORKIN TOWARDS DA SAME COMMON GOAL, DJz ,RAPPERS,SINGERS REALLY SET DA TONE IN OUR CITY, IT AINT AH MUTHAFUCCA THAT COME THRU THIS BITCH THAT WONT PAY HOMAGE TO DA NEXT CITY IN SOUTHERN KILLA CALI TO BLOW, ITS OUR TURN AND IF WE STEP BAK AND PUSH CORRECTLY SHIT WILL HAPPEN IN AH HUGE WAY, AINT NOBODY GOTTA HOLD NOBODY HAND WE JUST GOTTA COMPETE WIT THE MUSIC WORLD AS A WHOLE INORDER TO B RECONIZED AS AH PLAYER ON DA WESTCOAST, L.A KILLIN SHIT AND STILL KEEPIN IT L.A, WE GOTTA GIV UM DAYGO IN ITS HOTTEST AND RAWEST FORM..... I FEEL U GAS ONE...... SHIT IM FROM AH HOOD WHERE I SEEN AH NIGGA HOT HOOD SONG GO PLATINUM, NEW GAME NEW PLAYERS NEW STRATEGY BUT SAME RULES APPLY, THEY CAIN DENY GOOD MUSIC.....

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Its funny you mentioned 40, because I think he was one who was able to successfully transition into a different sound. But then again, going from Mobb to Hyphy to where he is now wasn't a drastic transition. But I'm a little different, I thought Breaking News was 40's best album.

I honestly think we don't need a happy medium, we need some shit to blow up that's completely left field. I guarantee you if we had a few Nelly or T-Pain-ish artists from San Diego get it crackin regionally it would be a lot easier for artists to transition.

I don't know g, that 4-5 & 6 I was NOT feeling at all, I couldn't even make one decent CD out of all those tracks. And i feel that him going from mob to where he is now was hella drastic.

And when I said happy medium I meant in the streets as far as the fonk goes. The established artist "for now" will draw large crowds from their respective turfs...and what ever else comes with it.

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Foreal it's like mufuccaz is over analytical at this point, DA NIGGA T FLII BUSSIN MOVES AND LIKE IT OR NOT HE BUZZIN HARD NATIONWIDE INCLUDING DAYGO, SIMPLE MATHEMATICS MY NIGGAZ IF YOU ABOUT YO CRAFT AND WUT U PERUSIN CAINT SHIT STOP IT....DONT MATTER IF U OUTTA DAYGO OR BUMFUK EGYPT.... WUT I SEE SINCE BIRDY PUT THAT LIST OUT IS AH WHOLE LOTTA TALKIN AND NO ACTION, LETZ PROPERLY LOOK HOW SHIT POP OFF IN RAP, MCs AN DJz ARE LIKE PILOT AND CO PILOT, DA RAP ARTIST MAKES HOT SHIT, DA DJ BREAKS IT IN DA CLUB, ITS THA RAPPERS JOB TO GET DA STREET BUZZ BUT THA DJ GETS IT TO DA MASSES VIA CLUB ECT.... STREET TEAMS, INTERNET, RADIO PLAY, SHOWS AND A CONSTANT FLOW OF PRODUCT IS THE JOB OF DA RAPPER AND HIS LABEL OR TEAM, HOW MANY DJz ARE BREAKING DA NEWEST AND HOTTEST DAYGO RECORDS IN DA CLUB? HOW MANY RAPPERS AND SINGERS ARE PUTTIN PRODUCT IN EVERY CLUB DJz HAND? NOW WE ALL KNOW ITS POPPIN IN OUR CITY WHETHER ITZ OT FANZ OR NATIVES PEOPLE LOVE HOT MUSIC, GET YO TEAM ON IT USE WUT EVER BUDGET U GOT WISELY FUCC WUT THEEZ NIGGAZ TALKIN BOUT AND BUST MOVES FROM DAYGO TO WHEREVER.... SHIT IZ NONSENSE PIC AH BOOK UP AND FOLLOW DA STEPS.....
agree wit the heccla 100 percent