underground hip hop anyone?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
some suggestions. i used to do this with some success back in the day but not sure if there is any interest on here anymore. lets find out

this is what i have been listening to lately

paranom and purpose- life outside the frame

string theory (hex one and BBZ) - string theory

umang and BBZ - the revisted

confidence presents gdot and born

main thing i would like to stress about these albums is the production. recently found out about BBZ and he is amazing, some of the best boom bap i have heard in a long time. anybody that knows underground hip hop already knows confidence is one of the best out.

let me know if anybody has listening to these, or check them out and tell me what you think

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Nuttkase @Nuttkase Mixerr @Mixerr

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Anyone check out the new Grieves album? He really stepped up his songwriting game and I think it helped not having Budo do all the production because it really made for a different sounding album. Serpents reminds me a lot of That Handsome Devils music.
link

Props: Jake and Jake

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Thank goodness this thread was made. I discovered so much tight shit from these type of threads back in the day. Need new shit to check out. Cheers gentleman.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Thank goodness this thread was made. I discovered so much tight shit from these type of threads back in the day. Need new shit to check out. Cheers gentleman.
glad to hear man. ill try to update this thread or make new ones here and there when i feel there is some good new stuff out there

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
some tracks from some more of my favorite albums lately

ugly heroes (verbal kent, red pill and apollo brown)- desperate

verbal kent has to be the most awkward looking person ever when he is rapping haha. great album. dope apollo beats and content i really relate to. grown man shit

rashad and confidence - brand new

god i hope these two make another album. i know confidence has been trying to work him but says rashad works too slow. i hope they work it out because this might be one of my favorite albums of all time

epidemic - infinity

my favorite hip hop group right now. their flow and laid back beats are a great combo. each one of their albums have got better and better. ill post another one from their latest album

epidemic - mic masters

purpose and confidence - so goes the story

confidence is just too dope. he is right up there with statik and apollo in my holy trinity of hip hop producers right now

Last edited:

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
oh shit, gotta put one more, this just came on. sick album. exile produced

dag savage - old times sake

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Anyone check out the new Grieves album? He really stepped up his songwriting game and I think it helped not having Budo do all the production because it really made for a different sounding album. Serpents reminds me a lot of That Handsome Devils music.
link
grieves is cool, never blown me away. he is hit and miss for me. some of that being because of his production and some of being due to his delivery on certain songs. only listened to the winter and the wolves maybe twice so probably need to soak it up a little more but its growing on me

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl

My blogsite is pretty much full of underground hip hop and I get to hear new artist almost on a daily basis.

Like most of the ones mentioned in this thread. Never heard of them but I sure will check them out.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
grieves is cool, never blown me away. he is hit and miss for me. some of that being because of his production and some of being due to his delivery on certain songs. only listened to the winter and the wolves maybe twice so probably need to soak it up a little more but its growing on me
I get that. I gotta give it a few more listens too.
J Nics is dope. All his releases are free on djbooth.net and they're all solid.