Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I just listened to it again and yikes. I'm trying to figure out how Kendrick went from making that dope song with FlyLo, that had me going "hmm maybe he's progressing past GKMC" then... well to that. I was waiting for a Carlos Santana guitar solo for a minute there. Like literally that song sounded like one of those mash-ups that half a dozen artists do at the Grammys right before the commercials or something.
song is gay. lol its gonna be on heavy rotation for months tho. i couldnt even listen to it all. makes you wonder what his album is gonna sound like. i also read there will be no features.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Ehhhh Kembe should stick to doing his own thing. I might be saying this because most of the TDE stuff coming out has been mediocre to straight trash but I don't know, it would be a good look for sure but I don't see them giving him much of a push.

That track they tweeted asking the question if he's TDE material is dope though. I've been checking for his stuff ever since I believe it was Ry @Ry posted some songs by him.

Jul 4, 2011
To Pimp A Butterfly is one of the dopest albums I've heard in years. It's everything that GKMC was not imo, namely entertaining and challenging. I had very low expectations for this album after hearing "I"... Frankly I'm a little shocked at what he managed to do with TPaB. At the very least it deserves to be listened to in full at least once.

Props: Kon1 and Kon1