Rick Ross "Hood Billionaire" Nov24th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
no other rapper in history that i know of has blatantly taken someones complete identity, including their name and the way they look, and gotten away with it.
lets forget about his rapping ability, his ear for production. i get that. but this blatant identity theft i cant condone. if dude woulda came out under a different moniker then i wouldnt even bother to debate.
Tim Dog came close lol

Apr 5, 2003
I can't understand how any1 can back this guy when he stole his whole persona from another person who is still alive and kickin (the real ricky ross 'freeway').
His whole identity is ripped off from someone still alive tickin!
I mean there's plenty who nickname themselves off well known street/gang/mob bosses real life or fictitious(luni coleone - corleone_godfather movies , kurupt calls himself young gotti_john gotti mobster, etc.).
But this guy (if I'm not wrong) STARTED his whole image/persona/career by ripping off the life/experiences/stature of someone who was still alive & out there, who was locked up at the time when this biter/thief made made money off of this guy's name while the real rick ross was in prison. This guys is a processed mainstream well funded WWF act in hip hop, and you retarded douchebags are feeding into it. The irony of it all is if you loved/love this guy's work your shitting on the real rick ross (where this fake got all his stories/influence/ideas from the 1st place), who is the only reason you liked this guy from the start in the first place. LAMES

Jan 6, 2006
get ready. the album drops at midnight!!! ppl look too deep into rappers lives as if we really know them personally. Could care less about rappers personal lives and if they stole somes name etc... music is entertainment, and ross makes hella dope muzik. as long as the OG's co-sign and Boobie who is on the album gives Ross the co-sign then imma stay bumpin the BOSS!!!!!

Oct 10, 2005
get ready. the album drops at midnight!!! ppl look too deep into rappers lives as if we really know them personally. Could care less about rappers personal lives and if they stole somes name etc... music is entertainment, and ross makes hella dope muzik. as long as the OG's co-sign and Boobie who is on the album gives Ross the co-sign then imma stay bumpin the BOSS!!!!!
LOL at this guy

May 16, 2002
I get the whole stealing persona deal yada yada yada, but my question is, why does anybody really give a rats ass? I mean, if the music is good, then it's good bottom line. No matter who's it is.

I seriously trip out on a lot of people in here contradicting themselves on a lot of things. I mean, stealing somebody's identity and dude get's lynched. Some of you dudes sound like some straight hillbillies who refuse to accept anything outside of your region / home LOL! Y'all motherfuckers coming off scary on some, "We don't like their kind around here." LOL!

The whole identity thing is unforgivable to a whole lot of you, but some of your favorite rappers are telling their friends gangster / war stories while they rap about it and claim to be real, but their homie where they got the story from is locked up. It's all the same shit.

It's all stupid.

Last edited:

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
I get the whole stealing persona deal yada yada yada, but my question is, why does anybody really give a rats ass? I mean, if the music is good, then it's good bottom line. No matter who's it is.

I seriously trip out on a lot of people in here contradicting themselves on a lot of things. I mean, stealing somebody's identity and dude get's lynched. Some of you dudes sound like some straight hillbillies who refuse to accept anything outside of your region / home LOL! Y'all motherfuckers coming off scary on some, "We don't like their kind around here." LOL!

The whole identity thing is unforgivable to a whole lot of you, but some of your favorite rappers are telling their friends gangster / war stories while they rap about it and claim to be real, but their homie where they got the story from is locked up. It's all the same shit.

It's all stupid.
I reckon we dont like y'all type round hurr

May 9, 2002

It's all stupid.
Because hip-hop is the only genre of music where realism crosses over with art, and many times in violent fashion. Thats the persona it embodies and with so many rap artists claiming to be street cats first and rap artists second, credibility gets put on the line. This isnt like pop music, where an artist is....an artists. They do music all the time, thats their job, their life, their love. Many of these rap artists say they are gangsters, drug dealers, etc FIRST....and rap to just rap. So its a very different dynamic. You VERY rarely see "beef" in country music or whatever...but its CONSTANT in hip-hop and sometimes it turns ugly.

Not that hard to figure out.

May 16, 2002
Because hip-hop is the only genre of music where realism crosses over with art, and many times in violent fashion. Thats the persona it embodies and with so many rap artists claiming to be street cats first and rap artists second, credibility gets put on the line. This isnt like pop music, where an artist is....an artists. They do music all the time, thats their job, their life, their love. Many of these rap artists say they are gangsters, drug dealers, etc FIRST....and rap to just rap. So its a very different dynamic. You VERY rarely see "beef" in country music or whatever...but its CONSTANT in hip-hop and sometimes it turns ugly.

Not that hard to figure out.
It's not hard to figure out some artist are just plain idiots. If an aspiring artist is rapping and makes good enough music to live off of legit why would anybody in their right mind jeopardize that?

Robert Downey Jr. was a drunk and a drug addict. He also played one in the movies. And also did time in the pen. I respect that man for overcoming his demons and staying strong. And the reason I say this is because he's good friends with a relative of mine. He'd be an idiot to be out in the street trying to be Iron-Man or any character he's played in a movie (Like he did in the past in the movie, "Less Than Zero.")

At the end of it all, it's entertainment no matter which way it's flipped. This is why a lot of rappers convert to movies because being a rapper requires acting skills. Your delivery has to be convincing to the listener. You build character in your delivery / song. A lot of rappers would make great voice over actors.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your statement, but it was valid in the 90's. Very few and far in between are still trying to keep it real and ending up dead or doing life in prison. The laws changed since then and they ain't playing no more. A lot of these fools got the Austin Powers syndrome thinking it's still the mid 90's LOL!

We as fans can look up to that & glorify it, but I'll bet every last dollar that the person doing life in prison feels stupid knowing he could of had it all. Or at least have his freedom and not be locked up and nobody writing him. It's easy for anybody who's not doing the time to hype it all up and make sound good.

A lot of people today get locked up and you got their homies posting "Free so and so" on social media pages like it's really going to make a difference. At the end of the day, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.