Rick Ross "Hood Billionaire" Nov24th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
90% of rappers talk about slangin keys and bustin off shots every other day...and we all know thats a lie...so lies = fake...so if we break it down like that, all your fav rappers are probably some fakes as well...

the fact that ross was a c.o., i really couldnt give a fuck...the fact that he denied it and tried to hide it, now that im not too cool with..if he woulda said straight up "yeah so?" then everything woulda been fine...

REGARDLESS...the man makes good music and oversees solid projects...

i dont care how real you are, if your product sounds like shit and you cant rap, your realness dont mean shit in the music industry..

Sep 3, 2002
I think Rick Ross, young Jeezy and Gucci mane are ridiculously overrated.
I don't plan on dling this album.

That being said, I think people tripping off the prison guard thing are Confused. It's just a job. Like 7-11. It's a paycheck. A means to an end. And no less of a despicable profession than a pimp or a drug dealer which all of us hip hop heads have always been cool with. Same goes for people talking shit on dudes who went to college. That's twisted. I understand about calling rappers out for perpetrating, but some are acting like anyone who's worked in law enforcement or went a straight route is a bitch and I don't agree.

Police officer is a little different. But behind the walls, in prison, are people that can expect to be fucked with and put in check when needs be, similar to the military, when you choose that lifestyle you know what you're ultimately in for, to my recollection nobody ever talked shit on mystikal.

Still, using a known street dudes name and history to build a rap career on is on some cb4 shit and is fairly unforgivable to me, which is factored in To why I'm not checking for Rick Ross.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2006
all good. but hey he used freeways name, alot of rappers used other ppls names. what should we make of other rappers that used other peoples names? shouldn't we call out those rappers as frauds & cb4's also and not not forgive them?

50 Cent, Scarface, Capone, Noreaga, AZ, Jim Jones etc....

Still, using a known street dudes name and history to build a rap career on is on some cb4 shit and is fairly unforgivable to me, which is factored in To why I'm not checking for Rick Ross.

May 9, 2002
all good. but hey he used freeways name, alot of rappers used other ppls names. what should we make of other rappers that used other peoples names? shouldn't we call out those rappers as frauds & cb4's also and not not forgive them?

50 Cent, Scarface, Capone, Noreaga, AZ, Jim Jones etc....
For one, Scarface was a FICTIONAL character. Jim Jones wasnt a drug lord. Norega was a political figure. Capone is dead. 50 Cent is the only argument that holds water in this debate, and he sucks balls too.

Either way, he said "street dudes", so not sure why you went on to list those names.

Jan 6, 2006
either way street dudes real or not etc... these rappers stole their names too so we must throw stones at em too. NOV 24th.

For one, Scarface was a FICTIONAL character. Jim Jones wasnt a drug lord. Norega was a political figure. Capone is dead. 50 Cent is the only argument that holds water in this debate, and he sucks balls too.

Either way, he said "street dudes", so not sure why you went on to list those names.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
That wasnt the argument, so no. We dont. Rick Ross took on a persona of a real street cat to get his popularity, fame, and money. Thats some fuck shit. Period.
no other rapper in history that i know of has blatantly taken someones complete identity, including their name and the way they look, and gotten away with it.
lets forget about his rapping ability, his ear for production. i get that. but this blatant identity theft i cant condone. if dude woulda came out under a different moniker then i wouldnt even bother to debate.