Ray West and O.C. - "Ray's Cafe"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SavageC

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.savagec.com
I'm loving this album. In my opinion, it's on par with "Trophies", but obviously Ray West and Apollo Brown are very different producers with diverse styles. The entire vibe of this project is laid back, truthful, sagacious, chill, grown folks music. Not a lot of boom bap, hard hitting snares or rumbling bass, but quality samples and unique subject matter. OC is a remarkable MC demonstrating consistent mastery of his craft, especially as of late. Pick this cd up if you like real hip hop and enjoy it.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Great album, it shows how one can make "grown folks music" while still keeping it fresh and true to the roots of hip-hop.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
i like it better than trophies, at best it vibes like word...life imo, laidback jazzy shit. really good album, o.c never lost it
Going back to jazz is the recipe for making good music when a rapper gets old as it's the ultimate "grown folks music" and has a rich tradition of blending with hip-hop even if very little of that ever made it to the mainstream. I am not sure why that's not done by more artists.