The Official SadBoys & GTBSG Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I still haven't listened to it yet, haven't been in the mood for that type of thing lately.

But yo, I'm there.

12/01 New York, NY - Webster Hall *
12/02 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer *
12/03 Washington, D.C. - Black Cat *
12/05 Miami, FL - Art Basel *
12/06 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade *
12/08 San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit *
12/09 Dallas, TX - Trees *
12/10 Austin, TX - Empire Control Room *
12/12 Phoenix, AZ - The Crescent Ballroom *
12/13 Los Angeles, CA - The Regent *
12/14 San Diego, CA - University of California San Diego *
12/15 Santa Ana, CA - The Observatory *
12/16 San Francisco, CA - The Grand Ballroom @ Regency Center *
12/18 Seattle, WA - Neumos *
12/19 Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre *

* with Gravity Boys
-edit-

physical release on cd and lp.

http://yunglean.11spot.com/yung-lean-unknown-memory-pre-order.html

Wish there was more info on the vinyl because if it's just plain black in a cardboard sleeve, which sadly I'm guessing it is, I'm gonna pass.

-edit2-

actually think I'm going to give this my first spin right now. I have enough time before work and it's raining out, seems fitting.

Last edited:

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Personally diggin' this Lean so far. It's kinda weird though. The songs I like the beats on so far the most have my least favorite esl vocals/style from Lean, and the songs I really like the esl vocals/style on have my least favorite beats. Also the song I've liked the most as whole is only 1:41 long.
Okay Monster and Leanworld are pretty fucking great.
Yoshi City
Ice Cold Smoke
Don't Go
Monster
Leanworld

are great in my opinion. The other songs more or less fall into my first quote up there. Lack of Eccko2k and Bladee features was kind of disappointing as well. Really loving Leanworld though and it made me want to hear a Lean x Krule collab was the first thing to pop in my head lol. Would be the ultimate u wot m8 song. Production was pretty solid throughout but I felt it could have been a little more spacey and ethereal personally. The song production credits out there yet? I know Suicideyear has a beat on there and then the rest is Gud/Sherman/WhiteArmor. It might grow on me more as a whole but on my initial spin, I dig it for the most part.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
im sure travis scott did ghosttown beat, at least some of it. its great song, maybe my favorite. i hear little travis scott influence thru the whole tape tho

i like the interlude beats, they're on some idm aphex twin shit and since im fucking with syro right now, whoever did those songs i hope he drops an album with that sound

right now i like the album more than i did few days ago

Last edited:

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm pretty sure Travis Scott produces like ASAP Rocky does. Adds one or two things and then calls it his beat. Noz had a rant about this on Twitter awhile back.

Anyways I guess there was no Suicideyear on this at all. WhiteArmor coming through with one of my favorite beats this year on Leanworld.

Some of the production got a little too much IDMish for my tastes on a couple songs but I was listening to this again last night and there are some really interesting sounds on it for sure.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Kinda weird after Kyoto (which wasn't even on the album) and Yoshi City having such top notch quality videos Lean went back to the low budget stuff for Sandman. He should have done a video for Leanworld anyways.