ILOVEMAKONNEN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
i'm getting too old for this. this shit was just not tolerable. i feel like i really reached that point where i'm one of them old cats that just hates everything new. this was really boring, and mediocre and contrived, and formulaic.

again, that prospect song in dudes sig is legit. that's more my speed.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
EP is dope, one of my favorite releases so far this year, and his other projects are pretty solid and all have some really good songs on them. Dude is probably going to be bigger as a song writer than artist though even though I really like his stuff. Too Much has been my jam all summer.

same with Look At Wrist by Father featuring ILoveMakonnen and Key! from Two9

Dec 17, 2005
EP is dope, one of my favorite releases so far this year, and his other projects are pretty solid and all have some really good songs on them. Dude is probably going to be bigger as a song writer than artist though even though I really like his stuff. Too Much has been my jam all summer.
I can agree w/ this (the songwriter part at least). "Hold Up" is hella catchy as are a few of his other songs, but the result is kinda shitty cause he can't rap or sing. If he sold that song to Rich Homie Quan it'd be a hit.

I'm tired of these rappers(/singers?) that have no talent to where I'm not sure whether we're supposed to like them ironically or what. I put ilovemakonnen w/ that. Even the whole Lil B movement was corny to me.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I like his singing because it sounds unconventional and I tend to like stuff like that. Is he a good traditional singer? No. But I like his style and I think dude is really good at writing catchy songs like you said. I personally like his rapping too. It reminds me of a lot of old school NYC stuff. Like Fat Boys type flow, pretty formulaic but it works for his sound.

Hey man but honestly to each their own there are literally endless sounds out there to be heard. We aren't all going to like the same stuff and that's cool.

Dec 17, 2005
Yeah. And that said, I like a lot of the people he works with (first heard of him through Ethereal, then Pyramid Quince & Archibald Slim as well).

And he's the latest rapper for Soulja Boy to jack his swag/flow, so he might be next for real:

iLoveMakonnen - I like having drugs in my system

Soulja Boy - In My System

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol I swear Soulja Boy must be cashing out people not to beat him up how often he does that shit.

Ethereal is a really dope producer. I first heard Archibald Slim through Father's music after checking his stuff out after liking the Nokia remix ILoveMakonnen is featured on. I liked what I've heard by him but really haven't searched around for projects or whatever. Have any recommendations J @J.E.D.I. ?

Quince I've known about seeing he's part of NRK who I've been a casual fan of for awile now. Their stuff is hit and miss to me depending on the member. Most of the production tends to be on point but some of the rapping gets a pass even from me lol.

You from Atlanta?

Dec 17, 2005
Nah, originally Louisville KY, live in California now though. I've just been a fan of Ethereal and Will (ThumbsUp) for a few years now, so I've tried to keep up w/ them, which led me to a bunch of rappers they're associated with.

The only Archibald Slim project I know of dropped about a month ago, "Look What the Cat Dragged In," which is pretty dope imo, but maybe a little repetitive.

https://soundcloud.com/archibald-slim/sets/look-what-the-cat-dragged-in

I have the same opinion about the rapping when it comes to Quince though (I haven't listened to anyone else in NRK, unless Slim is?), but he has a lot of good songs too.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
First album from 2010 that isn't on his page. It's myspace rips and some of the songs ended up on other projects anyways.

Zippyshare.com - SHERANTINO HOTEL.zip

Also this is a really good interview/article from back in July. He almost got locked up for his friend's murder, spent two years on house arrest until the charge was finally dropped, and that was when he really started making music.

Interview: iLoveMakonnen on Facing 25 Years in Prison, His Infamous Doll Head, and Mike Will Made It | Pigeons & Planes

Also 0R0 @0R0 you got all of Father's EPs? If not let me know and I can up. I've been fucking with his music about just as much as ILoveMakonnen's lately.

ILM x Father x Key! need to do a group project together.