if you had your own record company what artists would you sign and why

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
Young Thug, Lil Wayne, Lil B and Drake. They could form a group like they are the backstreet boys (or wathever their name was) of rap. Maybe it will destroy rap but it would make me lots of money.
replace lil b, weezy and drake with quan, makonnen and third atl rapper and you got atl hot boyz, metro boomin could be their mannie fresh

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Chief Keef, Wiz Khalifa and maybe Iggy Azalea. I feel like signing artist that have already established themselves through social media is the way to go. You can just have them sign a 360 deal, then have them tour all year. As far as music is concerned, I would hire really good songwriters to make sure my artists are pumping out radio songs 24/7.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Just for the purpose of getting music that I want to hear:

1) Brotha Lynch Hung and BG Knocc Out on SOTS/Real Brothas type of beats with their rapping style from those albums too!

2) COZ, C-Bo, and CJ Mac on King Of Kali type of beats with their rapping styles from the mid 90s

3) Jayo Felony. Don't care on what beats, just some new music would be awesome.

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
1) Twisted Insane. He has blown the fuck up since i first heard him in 06. Hes weird as fuck and i can dig it.
2)Suga Free. Hes a legend. Period.
3)Bleezo. One of the dopest young cats out. He rips every verse and has a good ear for beats.
I would have Nick Peace and Smoov-E producing . This label would take over the underground.

Nov 18, 2010
I wont go for the easy answer and say the most popular rappers.

Im looking at unsigned (major) people blowin up
Id say shy glizzy, boldy james , lil jay, a-wax

That's biggest buzz outta dc, biggest outta detroit, top 3 in chiraq, top 3 in the Bay

Plus I think all 4 of em smarter than the majority of independent artists, specially boldy and wax. And maybe one big dog on the label like Lil Boosie especially after his latest bid now since he seems more about the music.

Get em on each other's tapes and they'll get exposure in coasts they never had half as much fans. They all make street music and got different styles, shit would be nice and having Boosie at the helm would have the streets paying attention from day 1.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
speak on it. will post mine in a few
i dont know bro. alot of these niggas are ill lyrically but have personal-mental issues. i fele like thats why shit dont work out from the jump.

id prolly sign everyone thats banking right now and drop them all in 8 months. then go back to watching the scene to see whos hot, sign them then drop them when the ppl get tired of them.

shit id be in it for the money.
i dont know if signign a nigga would make him any better. sometimes that money i feel, makes them less hungry which dosent lend to good music.

id have to run my label on some totally other shit. way different than how shit goes now.

i feel like , youd sign the ppl you love as artists and theyd put out wack albums. i dunno about dream team type shit.

Last edited: