DJ QUIK-MIDNIGHT LIFE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Any opinions? I give it about 3.5/5. The production is there but towards the 2nd half of the cd QUIK seems to start rapping different. He was more smooth on the 1st 8 tracks and then he tailed off. I'm loving "BACON'S GROOVE". QUIK got outdone on this one. I think "QUIK'S GROOVE #10" is aiight but it's not up to par with the previous QUIK'S GROOVES by far.

May 25, 2005
shit is a cool album...nothing more nothing less...theres maybe 4 classic quik tracks...the rest are skippable or aight...im in the crowd the definitely prefers book of david...

wtf is up with letting some cat sing all on top of him on that niggas crazy? thats really not like quik to not have mixed or panned that correctly...maybe a legit error on the master?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
heard it a few weeks ago on advance. i was up in the air about it. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt classic first listen either like you expect from quik. flow was different, more fast paced style w the lyrics, the beats obviously were cool. its one of those albums im gonna have to let soak in to give my opinion on, the first two times i heard it i didnt really have a concrete feeling about it.\

some dope songs, some good songs, some shit i wasnt necessarily into but was aiight, maybe one or two skippables, and thats about it.

dont expect to have your feelings about the album concrete the first time you hear it. i think its one of those albums you gonna have to hear a few times TBH. and if you arent really into quik and you listened to it just to see whats up, you prolly wont take that second chance as you dont care. a quik fan will.

i think there could have been a little more dam funk on the shit. thats between me and you.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

dont expect to have your feelings about the album concrete the first time you hear it. i think its one of those albums you gonna have to hear a few times TBH. and if you arent really into quik and you listened to it just to see whats up, you prolly wont take that second chance as you dont care. a quik fan will.
I agree with this. Im a huge Quik fan so I will listen to this as many times as I need to in order to "get it", but I dont think the casual listener will.

Fuck All Night is the standout track to me after the first few listens. I also think its dope that he has Debarge, Tweed Cadillac and Rob Bacon on this CD, but would love to hear a reunion with 2ndIINone, Hi-C and AMG...

Sep 3, 2002
QUIK needs his real folks around him. When 2ND II NONE are on his albums the albums are always better. 2ND II NONE, SUGA FREE, & his musicians is what he needs around him to make the best DJ QUIK albums
Suga free was on this album.

I would like to see quik just produce for more people. Or put out a compilation type joint like mustards 10 summers. He's an average rapper in my opinion.