Captain Murphy - Duality

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
If you do drop today, watch/slap to this at some point.

CAPTAIN MURPHY - DUALITY
word..how intense is it? i dont wanna peep it right now and ruin it. if its too intense dunno if my girls gonna be able to fuck with it dropping her first time lmao she'll prolly be bugged out but ill wanna watch it.

u say watch/slap, what type of music is it? like some the wall shit? thats what ill prolly throw on for her, pink floyds the wall, she never seen, perfect movie for dropping first time i think besides maybe alice in wonderland

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
It's pretty intense, it's Captain Murphy's album/short film lol. It's not too similar to either of his previous videos here, much more disorienting.

But yeah, back to this Bronalino, bout to pop that on.

Props: Gas One

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I split this into its own post, it deserves it. This video is so damn trippy! I think this is a group with Flying Lotus and Tyler the Creator and maybe Earl and Madlib might have been involved. Think a 2012 Lord Quas...

Props: Nuttkase

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah regardless of whoever it is or who is doing what the project is dope. Oro and I have thought about making a thread before but we were waiting for more info. Even on the songs that are "just" Captain Murphy you can clearly hear different fools rapping, I think lol.

For awhile I honestly thought it was just this fool...

under an alias but now I'm leaning more towards it's a few people (Zeroh is dope though you should check his stuff).

Whoever it might be he(they) are making some interesting music for sure.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

If it is Tyler, he has been coached on his flow because hes never sounded that good. The beats are hella nice on it though.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Good shit Ry @Ry still waiting on a download of the mp3s for it, but the audio/visual combo is very wavy and an experience in itself. It got upped to soundcloud, not for download tho.

I think Tyler is somehow involved more than ever after the whole thing + he used to go on about cults a bit more early in his career. He had to have a ghostwriter tho if that's the case lol. More likely someone with a similar voice or same pitch shifted vocals.

Props: heyzel

Gas One

May 24, 2006
oro we woulda had beef if i woulda played that video lit off LSD lol
i woulda been hot. that shit is not to listen to on acid. i dunno wtf you was thinkin lol that shit woulda had me out about to murder someone if not i woulda been hella uncomfortable listening to that shit.

straight up that woulda had me trippin and i woulda had to turn that shit off

dude is ill as fuck tho! he sounds like tyler with the voices sped up and removed repeatedly throughout the entire lyrics...i swore i heard earl on a song too. had to be him

the only reason i dont think its tyler is dude is a way better rhyme writer and alot more witty/intelligent on what hes doing. if that was tyler id be suprised as shit and say hes the truth right now on the west...thats how crazy it would be...cuz goblin and the other album i forgot the name right now lyrically were nowhere near captain murphys style

thizzin right now bout to put it on again, well after i watch gummo

does this dude have an album? is the song posted on a mp3 that i can have? i want more of this dudes music, hes dope as fuck id slap this type of shit real often

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
dudes whole cult leader swag is dope. i like the way he freaks that shit..i only heard the first thingf posted but 30 minutes of it made me realize dudes dope so im checkin for him now..seems like he hella fucks w crazy drugs like i do..dmt acid shrooms shit like that.

send me some zips rars or mp3s of brodies shit...appreciated mang

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
does this dude have an album? is the song posted on a mp3 that i can have? i want more of this dudes music, hes dope as fuck id slap this type of shit real often
Earl is at very least featured on that album.

Here is one big MP3 which is the only way it's released so far.

Captain Murphy - Duality.mp3

The deluxe version with more songs, probably broken into actual songs too, and instrumentals drop on the 29th of this month.

Whoever it is he (maybe they) are signed to Brainfeeder (FlyLo's label) and while a few of the songs on there are jacked beats there is production from FlyLo, Just Blaze, TNGHT, Samiyam, and a few other folks.

Here are the five songs that were released leading up to the album seperated by actual song.

Captain Murphy.rar

On the "mini-movie" or whatever and that MP3 for the album above they all kind of flow into each other.

And yeah, as someone who has done lots of acid and lots of shrooms back in the day that's not something I would have wanted to see on a trip either lol.

Props: Gas One

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah that HAD to be earl. no way that coulda been anyone else. just played it again.

yeah i thought the songs did a good job of going together especially with the cult introduction voices. thought it was hella creative.

for real nuttkase, lol this dude oro was trying to drive me into a bad trip or some shit lmao i could not have watched or listened to that on acid for my first time..now i could, cuz i know what to expect. but my girl woulda been bothered by that shit taking acid her first time and i prolly woulda had to coax her for 2 hours while tripping. i woulda been mad no lie

but those cult parts were creepy as fuck. that woulda got to me.

i think it could be tyler if tyler REALLY stepped his lyrics up and started doing drugs all the sudden.

until i see this captain murphy dude like in a picture, or see him spitting live, i feel like tyler has somethin to do with this shit. its too close to his voice to not be. and this dude couldnt have just came out of nowhere this dope, he would have dropped SOMETHING before...something! u dont get this dope overnight. esp not at rapping.

the beats are sick, only a few beats on that duality shit that werent the best, but alot of them were hard.

id be less suprised that tyler got all the sudden dope as hell (could happen being around earl...) , in comparison to this not being tyler. ill tell you that.

thanks nuttkase appreciate the links

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
this guy claims he is captain murphy

Ever since the mysterious Captain Murphy released Duality, an enticing 30-minute visual accompanied by an impressive soundtrack, many indie heads have wondered who was behind this enigmatic character. While there are some speculation and guesses, the search may have ended tonight. According to Pigeons & Planes, Irish rapper Rejjie Snow—who was also known as Lecs Luther—announced that he’s the voice behind Captain Murphy.

In the video also sent to P&P, Snow explains how he was in Los Angeles working on new music with Flying Lotus. During that time, he also set aside a variety of songs under the name Captain Murphy. He then states as a sort of official confirmation: “I’m Captain Murphy. In other words, Rejjie Snow is Captain Murphy. Captain Murphy is Rejjie Snow.”

Although there hasn’t been any other sources co-signing this claim, at least there is some leads behind the man of mystery.

[via Pigeons & Planes]