So...what do you guys think about Macklemore?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
You might not like his music, but he's bringing much needed attention to the region. Their "Thrift Shop feat. Wanz" single is on it's way to going triple platinum and is currently #1 in America, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Denmark! Amazing.

Proud I could be involved in the creation of that song and all of their music. #206 :siccness:

Speak on it.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
I knew Ben as a casual friend from like 10 years ago and it's cool to see him do so well. I'm proud of him, although I'm not a huge fan of his music. Then again 30 year old dudes don't seem to be his target audience. Hopefully his success continues because he deserves it. Also hopefully it brings some attention to the area.

Props: S.SAVAGE
Nov 25, 2004
Biggest thing in Hip hop for Seattle since Sir-mix a lot!!! Everyone talks about being a BALLER but Macklemore flips it and talks about Thrift shop. I was shocked to see the numbers he was doing on an independent level. So D-sane you produce some of it?

Jul 12, 2002
I was hearing this song for a minute before I knew it was by Macklemore. I didn't realize that was Wanz on the hook till this thread. The first time I heard it I thought it might be Timbaland. It's always good to see the NW receiving shine and the song is pretty catchy too, so hats off to them. What was your involvement D-Sane? Engineer of some kind?

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Im really unfamilliar with mackelmore. heard one song that was decent. I heard quite a lot of people calling it wack or wathever. that makes me wonder if its just the regular hating comments or is their a reason for this?

Apr 14, 2003
i think a lotta you guys are trippin.. homie has 4 singles out right now that are just killin it. I think Cant Hold Us and White Walls are both fuckin incredible songs

Apr 14, 2003
Im not the biggest macklemore fan either. I respect him a lot and ive followed him ffor a while...im just proud of him for doin himself and gettin love, but the songs that I like by dude, I just really love. Ryan Lewis aint no slouch either

Props: shao sosa