So...what do you guys think about Macklemore?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2005
i saw that bastard D-Sane had the VIP pass for the show at Key the other night, props. you cant do nothing but support and be proud of someone like Mack, they make successful songs/albums that actually have meaning and messages (imagine that!) he does nothing but rep where he's from and give love to the town. dude even had Mixalot on stage with him the other night. everyone can keep on hating but the dude is just killing the game. of course he wont be on top forever but D-Sane is right, he's changed the game big time not just with that Warner shit but no other independent artist in the history of recorded music has had the type of success he has. and he wont be "falling off" as long as he continues to make music with meaning that touches people. im just proud to say hes from my town. And Old Wize One sounds like he trapped in the closet with R Kelly.

Aug 29, 2013
I couldnt get through the first verse of any of the songs but its awesome someone from the NW blew up I respect It just cant listen to it I really tried Its just intolerable are there songs on the album that are less popy? Its obvious dude can flow Im jw if i should continue to attempt to listen further i want to Just on gp ? anyone heard the whole album?

Sep 26, 2008
I couldnt get through the first verse of any of the songs but its awesome someone from the NW blew up I respect It just cant listen to it I really tried Its just intolerable are there songs on the album that are less popy? Its obvious dude can flow Im jw if i should continue to attempt to listen further i want to Just on gp ? anyone heard the whole album?
"The Town" and the original version of "Other Side" are pretty good songs ive been listening for few years but i dont really like much of his shit since he blew up big

May 9, 2002
Fool you better quit snortin bathssalts. You think im jealous of some faggot ass rappers who cant even rap you got me fucked up.
Yes, i do. And both your comments suggest it. Instead of bashing him, just keep it pushing if you dont like him.

Haters always got some sideways shit to say. Dont be mad becuase no one give a flying fuck about you. Let that boy cook and yo do you, dont worry about what the next man doing. He eatin. Be happy for him.

VHK

Oct 2, 2007
You want me to be happy for some punk ass whiteboy who wants to take my culture and disrespect it by promoting some gay ass agenda you are trippin. I thought this was supposed to be a gangsta rap forum You squares disrespectin the game by even bringing up some wack ass artist in the 1st place. Yo bitch ass dont know what a hater is.i aint gone waste my wonderful day going back and forth with you punk . If it aint exta mobbish I aint tryin to hear it

May 9, 2002
You want me to be happy for some punk ass whiteboy who wants to take my culture and disrespect it by promoting some gay ass agenda you are trippin. I thought this was supposed to be a gangsta rap forum You squares disrespectin the game by even bringing up some wack ass artist in the 1st place. Yo bitch ass dont know what a hater is.i aint gone waste my wonderful day going back and forth with you punk . If it aint exta mobbish I aint tryin to hear it
Then leave. No one is forcing you to be here. I dont know about you, but im a grown ass fuckin man...an adult.

And you want to make it a race thing? Fuck off. 75% of rap fans are white, dipshit. They also propel sales: if it weren't for white people, rap music would still be a street corner thing.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Macklemore tweeted in 2009: 'Bush knocked down the towers' | Fox News

LOS ANGELES – Macklemore is the toast of the Hollywood music community, having taken home four Grammys this past Sunday and injecting some politics into the telecast with a mass wedding performance advocating marriage equality.

But is the award winning musician also a Bush-blaming September 11 conspiracy theorist?

In a tweet from his authorized account dated September 18, 2009, Macklemore wrote: "911... bush knocked down the towers."

911...bush knocked down the towers

— Macklemore ( M @mack lemore) September 18, 2009

Since the old tweet has reemerged, the musician's Facebook page has come under fire by angry critics.

"How can you disrespect the memory of those lost on 9/11? How about you stick to making crappy music and leave the forward thinking to those of us with half a brain," one wrote, as another weighed in that the remarks were "delusional and disrespectful," while others urged him to leave if he "doesn't like our country."

It isn't the first time the singer/songwriter targeted the former administration.

"Where's Dick Cheney at? Probably off in Iraq finding some oil to tap, tell 'em I got up on that and y'all still think it was Bin Laden," states the lyrics from Macklemore's 2005 album "Language of My World." "When it was us and the Masons, plotting on oil profits."

A rep for Macklemore did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Follow @holliesmckay on Twitter.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
YALL TAKE THIS RAP SHIT WAY 2 SERIOUS
I dont think anyone over 20 years old takes it serious anymore.Every schtick has been used,theres been nothing semi creative in 15 yrs..Its a business that attracts lazy,con-artists,who are only into it for popularity,and 2 pull some dingy pussy.Its only lucrative for about .00010 %,but I admire thos who do it cuz they love it..I think more people look at it as a joke these days,minus the killa tays and mitchy slick types