What's the dopest Dubee album?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2003
Went back and listened to "For the Scrilla" and "100 % G shit"

"Aka Sugawolf" is definitely the masterpiece but "For the Scrilla" is a good album. Khayree has some funk on there. Sounds like songs that may have been leftover from "AKA Sugawolf" Dope album.

"100% G Shit" not so much. In reality I would say it is actually only 75% G shit.

Apr 25, 2002
AKA Sugawolf is not only the best Dubee album in my opinion, but one of the best Bay Area albums of all time.

I really can't think of a Bay Area rap album with better production overall, and it's not just the beats, it's the way the album is put together. It's rare to find a rap album that feels like a complete piece of music rather than just a bunch of songs thrown together, let alone one as well done as this one. Every song sounds like it was written specifically for each beat, and the collaborations sound like they were written and recorded at the studio together rather than the "aye, email me a verse for this song," type of pre-written off topic guest appearances that are the so common today. If you listen to this album without skipping a song you probably won't even notice where some songs end and others start... In the transition from My Thang to the next song, Unda Da Trees, there are practically two other completely different songs, it's ridiculous. Everything you hear from beat changes to interludes to background and ambient vocals are executed and arranged perfectly.

I wouldn't just recommend this album to someone who wants to start getting into Dubee's music, I'd recommend it to any fan of rap music.