A-wax Everlasting Money

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
Can P @pierxboy DUTCH-F.E @DUTCH-F.E elaborate on the line on Never Saw It where Wax says I had a rsp deal with the Sinaloa cartel (but they don't ever see that though)...??

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Can P @pierxboy DUTCH-F.E @DUTCH-F.E elaborate on the line on Never Saw It where Wax says I had a rsp deal with the Sinaloa cartel (but they don't ever see that though)...??
pretty self explanatory.... I wont go into details, but he isnt fabricating or reaching....

Jan 21, 2011
I used to skip A Wax all the time because I was and still am a die hard mob fan.

I finally listened to pullin strings about a week ago and that shit is one of my favorites now. Purchased that album and this new tape.

Everlasting Money is dope and shows mad growth musically. not being negative at all but i still prefer Pullin Strings over this one. I dont think A Wax has hit his peek yet though which keeps me looking forward to new music.

Congratulations on the new album Wax.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for anyone still comparing wax and the mob musically (and the bay at large). every aspect of a-wax's music is compositionally more advanced and balanced than really anyone in the bay right now. wax isn't just making shit just to have something to put in rasputin and under dog — he has some real shit to say and he cares about the way his concepts are presented.

from beat selection to lyrical complexity, to song concept and cohesiveness with a given message he's trying to get across. wax knows what he's trying to make and he pulls it off.

that's one thing that has always bothered me about artists that have the capacity to make dope shit, but don't know their craft enough to replicate it consistently.

from a strictly musical standpoint, hus was an artist that during his prime had a great energy and the ability to make music unlike anyone else. he just didn't really know what was special about what he was doing at the time, and how to focus on it and advance it. i feel like HD is another artist that doesn't know how to replicate the energy and content of his best music/verses. this type of inconsistency holds the bay back — because them boys out in ATL aren't lobbing bricks when they walk into quality control studios.

mozzy is a good example of an artist that is coming into his own, understanding what he's good at and making it happen every time he hops in the booth. his early shit was shaky but bladadah is consistently fire. wax is consistently fire. everyone else just don't got it in them to make high caliber music long term.

Jan 22, 2007
this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for anyone still comparing wax and the mob musically (and the bay at large). every aspect of a-wax's music is compositionally more advanced and balanced than really anyone in the bay right now. wax isn't just making shit just to have something to put in rasputin and under dog — he has some real shit to say and he cares about the way his concepts are presented.

from beat selection to lyrical complexity, to song concept and cohesiveness with a given message he's trying to get across. wax knows what he's trying to make and he pulls it off.

that's one thing that has always bothered me about artists that have the capacity to make dope shit, but don't know their craft enough to replicate it consistently.

from a strictly musical standpoint, hus was an artist that during his prime had a great energy and the ability to make music unlike anyone else. he just didn't really know what was special about what he was doing at the time, and how to focus on it and advance it. i feel like HD is another artist that doesn't know how to replicate the energy and content of his best music/verses. this type of inconsistency holds the bay back — because them boys out in ATL aren't lobbing bricks when they walk into quality control studios.

mozzy is a good example of an artist that is coming into his own, understanding what he's good at and making it happen every time he hops in the booth. his early shit was shaky but bladadah is consistently fire. wax is consistently fire. everyone else just don't got it in them to make high caliber music long term.

Co-sign!!

Jan 18, 2015
Well, he said he had a "wrap deal" as in gettin them thangs wrapped. It's clever play on words. As far as I know, the Sinaloa cartel isn't interested in signing rap artists but I could be wrong.

I used to skip A Wax all the time because I was and still am a die hard mob fan.

I finally listened to pullin strings about a week ago and that shit is one of my favorites now. Purchased that album and this new tape.

Everlasting Money is dope and shows mad growth musically. not being negative at all but i still prefer Pullin Strings over this one. I dont think A Wax has hit his peek yet though which keeps me looking forward to new music.

Congratulations on the new album Wax.
I felt this way for quite a while too, but like you, I heard Pullin Strings and I was hooked.

Last edited: