#TBT Who remembers this song? Messy Marv - I'm From The Bay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 23, 2010
Prod by The Legion back when we used to go by "The Slapboyz"

We took the "I'm from the bay" line from a song that Jay Tunes had recorded at my studio earlier and pitched it down and put it on the beat.

Matt Blaque came over to the lab and wrote and recorded 5 hooks in one night. This was one of em. This was before we had worked with Mess or a lot of well known artists. Matt played em for Mess the next day and he said he wanted all 5. I was so happy lol.

Sep 5, 2013
Prod by The Legion back when we used to go by "The Slapboyz"

We took the "I'm from the bay" line from a song that Jay Tunes had recorded at my studio earlier and pitched it down and put it on the beat.

Matt Blaque came over to the lab and wrote and recorded 5 hooks in one night. This was one of em. This was before we had worked with Mess or a lot of well known artists. Matt played em for Mess the next day and he said he wanted all 5. I was so happy lol.

The music you all made together was timeless....

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
Classic.. So you introduced Matt blaque to messy Marv? They have great chemistry.. There is a potential to make CLASSIC records with Matt singing Marvin's hooks... Salute!

Mar 23, 2010
Classic.. So you introduced Matt blaque to messy Marv? They have great chemistry.. There is a potential to make CLASSIC records with Matt singing Marvin's hooks... Salute!
Actually Matt introduced me and Phil (who was the other half of The Slapboyz) to Mess. Matt introduced us to Yukmouth too. Same kind of thing, he knocked out a bunch of hooks on our beats in one night, sent em to Yuk, and he picked a couple. There was "Hey Boy," "Corner Store," "Up All Night" that we did for Yuk. Might be forgetting some, but I think those were on the first batch we sent him.