STRESMATIC OF THE FEDERATION "FAIRFIELD CALIFORNIA USA"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2004
Idk why hes using that old ass sample, makes him seem like he tryin to relive his glory days from the hyphy movement... Not a good look imp. Its like if uncle Rico from napolean dynamite were a hyphy rapper... We all remember the federation and ur few hyphy songs breh u aint gotta remind us, they werent all that good anyway lol. But the actual song is kinda cool... They just gotta find their current sound and stay away from hyphy as much as possible. U cant be sampling "i got grapes" and "in my girbauuuuds" and "strap in my childrens spongebob backpack" no more, people aint wanna hear all that bullshit. They need to holla at c dubb, i think federation was on a cdubb beat with mac reese and it sounded dope.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
Honestly I miss the hyphy days. That was some of the best years of the bay. Everyone was having a good time and going 18. I remember even rich white kids were goin stuey. The music was alive and made people wanna just get up and start giggin.
Today's music is pretty boring, with the exception of a few good artists. I honestly don't buy 90% of the shit released these days. The new awax album was the first cd I physically paid for in all of 2014.
And one of the only reasons I slapped roach gigz was because he kinda kept the hyphy sound alive. I still go thru my old cd collection and slap some mid 2000's bay shit just because.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Idk why hes using that old ass sample, makes him seem like he tryin to relive his glory days from the hyphy movement... Not a good look imp. Its like if uncle Rico from napolean dynamite were a hyphy rapper... We all remember the federation and ur few hyphy songs breh u aint gotta remind us, they werent all that good anyway lol. But the actual song is kinda cool... They just gotta find their current sound and stay away from hyphy as much as possible. U cant be sampling "i got grapes" and "in my girbauuuuds" and "strap in my childrens spongebob backpack" no more, people aint wanna hear all that bullshit. They need to holla at c dubb, i think federation was on a cdubb beat with mac reese and it sounded dope.
why would fools from the federation stay away from hyphy-type tracks though? that's like asking jamarcus russell to stay away from codeine fluid

May 7, 2002
Honestly I miss the hyphy days. That was some of the best years of the bay. Everyone was having a good time and going 18. I remember even rich white kids were goin stuey. The music was alive and made people wanna just get up and start giggin.
Today's music is pretty boring, with the exception of a few good artists. I honestly don't buy 90% of the shit released these days. The new awax album was the first cd I physically paid for in all of 2014.
And one of the only reasons I slapped roach gigz was because he kinda kept the hyphy sound alive. I still go thru my old cd collection and slap some mid 2000's bay shit just because.
No disrespect but I think the Hyphy era was a terrible time for Bay Area rap. Our music completely lost its depth, originality and diversity. Word play and lyricism was non existent, everyone was rapping about the same shit and using the same beats. Sadly, I can't say that today's Bay Rap is any better, though.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
No disrespect but I think the Hyphy era was a terrible time for Bay Area rap. Our music completely lost its depth, originality and diversity. Word play and lyricism was non existent, everyone was rapping about the same shit and using the same beats. Sadly, I can't say that today's Bay Rap is any better, though.
None taken. Everyone likes different shit. But you gotta remember it didn't lose its originally or diversity. Hell it even got more diverse. Mob music never died it was always there. The bay just opened room for another genre of bay rap. It was feelgood, goofy music that you can get dumb to, let loose, music you can play in the club and bitches would dance. Radio's played it. It got the bay way more exposure. And years later it still influences today's mainstream artists. I for one am glad hyphy was there. At first i thought it was retarded, but it quickly grew on me and I realized it was meant to be retarded and funny.
#bringthebayback