SERIOUS QUESTION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 28, 2014
KcK
HOW MUCH DO U THINK A PERSONS AFFILIATIONS (COLORS OR OTHERWISE)EFFECTS THEIR RECORD SALES??
Can we please not turn this into a clown session and really start addressing issues and topics here??
IS IT POSSIBLE???
Politics play a part in almost anything you do, from the work force, to the streets, or even the music biz, you got politics within your own family, maybe not immediate fam but extended.

in most cases within the music game politics are very important because in the rap game appearance is everything, and if you can align yaself up with a strong team that gives you the ability to create your own fraction of that space.

Nov 18, 2010
If you make anthems or push out compilations with other sets you get more notice rather than just doing shit more independent. At least that's what I see

Look at
C-hecc - blue rag house shoes
47 miller gang - if you blood throw it up
Mitchy slick - wont stop being a blood

Or bay loc - the crip card
Bloods & crips - bangin on wax

Etc.

Mar 3, 2008
It definite help local underground rappers. I know bloods who will like any blood rapper just cause they a blood & same with Crip homies. Also even bigger is affiliation with a hot crew cash$ no limit dipset The ROC Doggpound. etc etc people bought albums just for being affiliated or part of them crews when they were hot. Im sure people want to use your westcoast mafia logo to get some guaranteed sells from die hards!

Aug 28, 2014
KcK
IN MY EXPERIENCE BLOODS AND CRIPS DONT "BUY" MUSIC UNLESS U SELL IT 2 THEM IN THE STREETS AND THEY RESPECT YOUR HUSTLE. SOME PPL I RUN INTO IN KANSAS CITY THAT HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY STILL DONT EVEN HAVE THE INTERNET. SOUNDS FAR FETCHED BUT ITS TRUE
ah you got plenty dumb niggaz wit smart phones around here, they prolly just don't use the internet. Me and one of my homies prolly the only people I know under 50 without a facebook so niggaz be on the internet. Most niggaz in the street down here just don't do no business on the net as far as buying products online , rather music or otherwise.

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
I think that personal affiliations weaken your record sales. Real recognize real. There should be no reason to boost about how much better this is than that. To me, that is ignorant kid thinking.
At the end of the day, everyone has problems. Everyone needs moments to relax to fade away from daily problems. Last thing I would like to listen to is how much of this is better than that.
Killatay, what I really enjoyed about your music is that you came hard and aggressive. Telling us about your pain that I could personalty relate too.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
it's a double edge sword.....there are alot of people that will not buy something based on their affiliation; nortenos won't fuck with surenos, crips won't fuck with bloods, vice verse & etc....but also some people will check for music based on affiliation.....there are also those that believe that affiliation will give an artist credibility.....at the end of the day do you, its usually the fake shit that gets people exposed and have people not fucking with their shit, but most of the time real recognize real so you might have someone liking a "rival's" music or different sets coming together on a track

Mar 18, 2006
I'll listen to any music as long as it's bumpin regardless of gang affiliation. It definitely is divisive though if you are making a compilation that is only affiliates of a particular set. I think these days it's more of a crew sound and less based on gang ties. I can't speak for California but that's my experience