SERIOUS QUESTION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 17, 2002
Back in the days clips and bloods liked death row and for the most part it was all dpg and long beach in terms of music. When Tupac got their and started saying m.o.b and Suge became even more visible no crip in a music convo was like fuck suge and deathrow. They didn't care but these were northern cali crips so maybe they did not care either way about la politics

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
HOW MUCH DO U THINK A PERSONS AFFILIATIONS (COLORS OR OTHERWISE)EFFECTS THEIR RECORD SALES??
Can we please not turn this into a clown session and really start addressing issues and topics here??
IS IT POSSIBLE???

You can be from where ever in this world BUT.....

ONCE you say FUCK "THEM NIGGAZ"...whoever....you've just alienated a whole side....and started more fonk. #RNS

It was said earlier, if you come out with universal "anthems"...or shit that everybody can relate to...it's possible

You can be from where ever, but you dont gotta be BLOODIN N CUZZIN the whole album or song...

On the flip side it depends what you in it for. If you(not you) just doin this shit for the homies, then fuck it....do you

But if you tryin to hit that broad fan base...from the gates....then you gotta be respectful.

Respect goes a looooong way IMO.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
You can be from where ever in this world BUT.....

ONCE you say FUCK "THEM NIGGAZ"...whoever....you've just alienated a whole side....and started more fonk. #RNS

It was said earlier, if you come out with universal "anthems"...or shit that everybody can relate to...it's possible

You can be from where ever, but you dont gotta be BLOODIN N CUZZIN the whole album or song...

On the flip side it depends what you in it for. If you(not you) just doin this shit for the homies, then fuck it....do you

But if you tryin to hit that broad fan base...from the gates....then you gotta be respectful.

Respect goes a looooong way IMO.

Here's a contradiction to what I said....

When that Luni Coleone In the mouth of madness came out, A lot(im sure not all) of blood niggaz was bumpin that shit where I lived at the time....and that is a blood infested community.

maybe cause Luni wasnt from Dago tho cause on the flipside to THAT...

before In the mouth of madness....we had Jayo Felony "Take a Ride"

I used to smash it and pretty much all the blood niggaz I knew at the time from that area was like "fuck that nigga blood, we dont fuck wit that nigga"

I dont bang, I play what's smashin TO ME.

But as a nigga grew older through time I realized I cant play every nigga(from Dago) where ever I wanted...shit is too serious.

As much as I like it, I'll be damned if I'm goin to pick up my son ridin past the Brook playin ANYTHING from Mitchy Slick/Wrongkind.

Ill wait till I hit the freeway.

I hate this shit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW55KSk8Paw[/video]

Edit: I meant Total Recall

Last edited:

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
It depends on where you are at, as a consumer. On the Coast's, Hood Affiliation and Gang ties dominate the structure. In the middle of the Country and places without those, popularity via media and/or word of mouth in that community guide the consumer to what to hear and buy. Then there is the exception, those who just appreciate good music regardless of any Politics...I try to stay in this category. Which one are you......?

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
For an indy artist, the banging shit doesn't really hurt record sales because indy music is about niche marketing. Bloods making music for other bloods etc. I think it fucks up any real money that could be coming the artist's way if his brand grows. The real money is in shows and merchandise and you can't get no paper if venues don't wanna fuck with you. Fans don't wanna pay money to see a show get interrupted by a shooting, nor do they wanna have to worry about getting banged on for wearing an artist's t-shirt.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Here's a contradiction to what I said....

When that Luni Coleone In the mouth of madness came out, A lot(im sure not all) of blood niggaz was bumpin that shit where I lived at the time....and that is a blood infested community.

maybe cause Luni wasnt from Dago tho cause on the flipside to THAT...

before In the mouth of madness....we had Jayo Felony "Take a Ride"

I used to smash it and pretty much all the blood niggaz I knew at the time from that area was like "fuck that nigga blood, we dont fuck wit that nigga"

I dont bang, I play what's smashin TO ME.

But as a nigga grew older through time I realized I cant play every nigga(from Dago) where ever I wanted...shit is too serious.

As much as I like it, I'll be damned if I'm goin to pick up my son ridin past the Brook playin ANYTHING from Mitchy Slick/Wrongkind.

Ill wait till I hit the freeway.

I hate this shit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW55KSk8Paw[/video]
I see where you're coming from. Blood/crips are kinda different in that regard (after the "truce"). As far as I know, some blood and crip gangs are somewhat cool with each other and it's not necessarily funk on sight like Norteno and sureno gangs. I'm not a norteno but I was basically bred to hate surenos because of where I grew up so I just never really personally liked any known sureno rappers. There were a few fools I suspected might have some kinda sureno ties that had songs I liked and that didn't really bother me but if they were really putting it out there for some sureno set I might be less inclined to listen to it.

Apr 25, 2002
"24 STREET RIP BUT EVEN BLOOD NIGGAZ GOT LOVE..."-X RAIDED. It can affect record sales. TAY you should be able to answer your own question cause you bang(ed) CRIP. It really matters more to the younger generation cause whether we like it or not we get sucked into the color ish in our teenage years. As I got older I don't pay that ish no mind. I remember being stunned when I found out DJ QUIK was a BLOOD! I kept buying his music anyway cause he already had me as a fan with his 1st two cds.

Apr 25, 2002
Crew affiliation helps record sales though. ex DPG, DIPSET, WU TANG, AWOL, RAPALOT RECORDS...That's how I end up getting into other artists besides the ones we see on tv every day. The OUTLAWZ definitely benefited from being down wit PAC cause they were a mystery to most until the HIT EM UP video dropped. Being a fan of BO & MARVALESS since 93/94 helped me get into other AWOL artists.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
If you are a Real and Thirough individual, I don't think it matters.. But if you rep, rep from the start.. Don't pull a Messy Marv and become a Blood in your 30s, that loses almost all credibility even from your biggest fans... Don't let your affiliation(s) prevent you from networking with other artists, hoods, areas, labels, or regions of the country.. Show the fans your willing to set that b/s aside and put the music first. (not saying fuck with the enemy, but don't close all the doors n burn bridges right away..) cuz a lot of good music has come out of networking across gang, click, region lines....