MESSY MARV SPEAKS ON THE SO CALLED "NEW BAY"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2003
Pissin off artist without speaking on them+ gaining fans at the same time= doing something right. I hope you guys don't let this shit get to you. Keep doing it big and let the haters bury themselves in focusing on trying to pull you down because they see you as comp.

Mista CaNE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.mistacane.com
New Bay can be perceived in different ways just as anything else can. In the end my thought of it is "NEW BAY = THE BAY ... BUT ... It's a new day. Any cat that is still trying the style that he did in 1994 just ain't gonna cut it no more. Nowadays you have to step your game up whether your new old or whatever. That being said, E-40 is new bay, Sean-T is new bay, Frontline is new bay, Messy is new bay... i mean shit his new album doesn't sound like Messy Situations, it's a new time. We need to all be on some new and improved shit. The only way we can get the nation's respect level back to where it needs to be is to drop quality albums and get some cuts on the radio so people who live more than 200 miles away no wassup. It's easier to hate then it is to show luv we all know that but ultimately if the bay gets back on the right track (which it seems to be headed in) you can't help but give the "new bay" cats there due because if nothing else at least they got people talkin again.

May 29, 2002
RODZILLA said:
bottomline, muthafucaz have 2 choices....they can either use this new bay issue as a tool to segregate the bay or....they can use it to integrate, unite everyone and achieve more as a team.
there is no question it should be the latter. anyone that uses it as the former should get the hell out

Oct 26, 2002
MAN YALL GOTTA ADMITTHE BAY HAS STEPPED UP ALL THE WAY AROUND..THE SHIT ON THE RADIO NOW SOUNDS REAL GOOD ON THE RADIO...THE SOUTH GOT CRUNK MUSIC WE GOT HYPHY MUSIC THE BAY IS OFFICAIL FINDING ITS FEEL AS FAR AS THIS NATIONWIDE SHIT I'M HAPPY WIT IT...INSTAED OF MAKING SHIT ABOUT KILLING SOMEONE AND SELLING DOPE AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT NOT GETTING ON THE RADIO WE RAPPING ABOUT WHAT WE BOUT BESIDES ALL THAT OTHER SHIT WE RAPPIN WHAT MAKES UP DIFF. FROM THE EAST AND SOUTH INSTED OF THE EAST AND AND SOUTH AND EVERYONE WITH A MOUTH TAKING OUR SHIT AND PUTTIN IT IN THEIR SONGS... THE PRODUCTION HAS BEEN A BBBIIIGGG FACTOR IN RADIO PLAY AND MAKING DIFFERENT SHIT PEORIOD..E-A-SKI IS DOPER THEN EVER AND RIC ROCK IS DOING IT FOR THE BAY HARD...IT'S BOUT NETWORKING LIKE THEY SAY UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL ..

Apr 26, 2002
can we all just blow up and be happy.. The bay has now gotten more radio play, from a variety of artist more than ever, before it was just the first string cats, nows it up for anybody thats hot... The bay has revamped itself... we are in a cycle, like anything else in life, but this time we stronger... they(Maja Labels) will be coming back soon to see what we got crackin and whats new.. the radio spinns help, and the good soundscans, and the mass following... Tell me when you have seen, so many bay artist (rappers) performing at a BOMB concert... Yeah the NEW BAY can sound like people tryna set themselves apart, but shyt... it is what it is... and niggaz gotta eat in a market that aint spending no money. have the niggaz out there burning Cd's, or buying bootlegs... And really... Sometimes I think niggaz be pumpin up shyt, and magazine writers and shyt always tryna have some olebullshyt t to start contraversy... niggaz gone do what they do.. like i said before... if its hot its hot... This is the bay.. i love home.. and i aint mad at the nigga stoppin across the world reppin it...

Apr 26, 2002
G-MUSIC.NET
LMFAOOOOOOOOOO@THIS

THIS THE PROB WITH THE BAY..NIGGAS SO WORRIED WHAT THE NEXT NIGGAS IS DOING..WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THEY CALL THE SELF THE BAY WATER...FUCK CARE......AS LONG AS THE PUSHING FOR THE SAME THING AS EVER ONE ON THIS BOARD AND THATS TO GET THE BAY THERE RESPECT THATS BEEN DUE..

NIGGAS SHOULD HIGH 5 THESE CATS FOR GETTING SHIT OUT THERE AND GETTING THE AIR PLAY......INSTEAD OF GOOD JOB NIGGAS MAD ABOUT THEY "NEWBAY"LABEL........

THIS IS IS KEY POINT TO THE BAY NOT COMING UP INHOUSE.
NIGGAS ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

I WISH ALL BAY ARTIST THE BEST IN ANYTHING THEY DO

FUCKING SHAME U GET THE MOST HATE IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD

May 10, 2002
I THINK THIS NEW BAY THING IS ONLY THING A LOT OF BAY VETS HAVE BEEN MAD ABOUT, I DONT THINK NONE OF THEM ARE REALLY THAT CONCERNED WITH WHAT THE NEXT RAPPER IN THE BAY IS DOING,

IN MY OPINION THE BAY IS PRETTY UNITED WHEN IT COMES TO FUCKEN WITH EACHOTHER, SO I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH ALL THE BAY RAPPERS.

Dec 2, 2003
Acording to Left's and Sean T's post it aint the rappers in the bay, cause if you look at who they worked wit that pretty much covers all the hard hitters except for Messy and Yuck...and both of those dudes are somewhat known for hatin, dissin, jumpin the gun...whatever you want to call it. As alot of people have said, I don't give a damn what they call them selves as long as they callin it the Bay. People need to get it out of their heads that the 40's and Messy Marv's are the only artist that have the right to represent the bay. I want to hear no rappers and I don't want them to sound like the ones we already have. I like that shit them New Bay niggaz been puttin out and so do alot of other people. Sorry haters their is a New Bay in town and they makin good muzic.

Mar 7, 2004
www.myspace.com
they jus mad them niggaz is gettin recognized. its like a nigga who like a bitch, n tha nigga puttin in all this werk, but then that bitch ain't tryna hear that nigga, but then goes fuckin wit that new nigga, ya feel me? like mess say, we holla REAL TALK n' THATZ WHATZ UP!!!

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I feel what sean said on the subject. I think I was on that same page. I didn't like the term at all, cause I guess, even though I'm only 22, I'll always remember the bay for what it used to be. The mid 90's really was a golden time for rap, especially in the bay. I don't think any of us want to move past that era, because that is essentially where our best music came from, but I guess if there is a time to move on, the time is NOW. People are fuckin off the bay. There is no reason a Jay Z or 50 cent should outsell our own artists in the bay. Numerous rappers spit more game and reality than both of those rappers on their best day.
Yes, there are plenty of people putting out shit that gives the bay a bad name, but for the ones who have always been doin it right, they gon move past that. Messy, quinn, E-40, Rick Rock, E A Ski etc... are going to have success, so hopefully this is the time, the bay clicks up and mows the rest of the country down. I don't think it necessarily needs a title, but call it what you want, if it makes the rest of the country pay attention again, then there shouldn't be a problem I guess.
I can really see how the OG's in this rap game would be pushed out of shape by it though. If there is a "new bay movement," it would almost seem that they are saying there is no room left for the OG's. For the ones of you who don't understand why they may be mad, maybe that would clear some things up...

Feb 17, 2004
@ninaonina

suave get at me folks setting up shows for the summer

next level promotions LLC

streets
radio
club
retail
concerts
video
marketing and promotions nationwide

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

offices in oakland-portland-seattle

headquarters

one love records
8714 n. lombard st
portland,oregon
(503) 283-5300 office
(503) 283-7665 fax

please send demos to the above address

Nima

Sicc OG
Jul 20, 2002
www.empiredistribution.com
Hey Suave, I respect your opinion, but where did Spice say anything bad about these cats in the dubcnn interview? here's the quote:

dubcnn.com: What’s your view on the new Bay, have you heard about these guys Balance, Locksmith, Mista F.A.B., these new up-n-coming cats.

Yeah I’ve herd of them, I respect their music they got some cool shit, and I hope and wish the best for them cats because we need some new muthafuckaz to blow this muthafucka up, somebody out there doing or trying something we just can’t have muthafuckaz out there doing nothing, anybody come out the Bay area who got respect for Spice and got love for my shit and know what’s cracking and everything, I can’t give nothing but respect for that shit, all the new cats coming out the Bay area I respect them, it’s good to see cats doing that shit.

dubcnn.com: Do you remember them MTV battles? Did you see Locksmith on that shit, he was like the only one from California and he made it to the finals and he was representing the Bay area all the damn time, on MTV in New York, when was the last time you saw something like that?

Shit, last time I went out there! *laughs* I went out there in ’91 and shit, you don’t see that shit too often, you don’t see no Bay area nigga get out there and represent the Bay not just talk about California but represent the Bay and the niggaz in the Bay area and throwin out 3 or 4 hundred mc’s, New York is doing that shit

dubcnn.com: These cats is sick, they got E-A-Ski, E-A-Ski is backing these guys.

Yeah, that’s tight.

Oct 28, 2003
^^^
I KNEW THAT I HAD READ SPICE 1 FEELIN THAT NEW BAY SHIT SOMEWHERE. IT'S SAD THAT THESE MOTHAFUCKAS IS BRINGING NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT ON THE BAY AND TO TELL THE TRUTH OPENING UP ALOT OF DOORS FOR NIGGAS ON THE RADIO (CAUSE OF ALL THE NEW SHIT GETTIN PLAYED BY BAY ARTIST OTHER THEN QUINN AND E-40 THERE WHAT IS IT SONG WAS THE FIRST ONE TO STICK AND GET STEADY SPINS). MAN IT SHOULD BE A RULE THAT RAPPERS HATIN ON THEM DUDES JUST BECAUSE THEY SAYIN NEW BAY SHOULD HAVE A CHUMP STAMP STUCK ON THEY FOREHEAD AND BE FORCED TO WEAR A, "I AM HATING ON THE NEXT NIGGAS HUSTLE" TALL TEE. I BET THAT ALL THE PEOPLE HATIN ON THEM WILL GO OUT AND BUY THEY ALBUM. AND I BET MONEY THAT WITH THE WAY THEM NIGGAS FLOW ABOUT ALOT OF DIFFERENT TOPICS WIT CRAZY ASS RYMES THAT THERE ALBUMS WILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE GAME. MARK MY WORDS, I WANT CREDIT WHEN THAT SHIT GOES DOWN...A FRONTLINE, WHEN IS THAT ALBUM COMING SO YALL CAN SHOW NIGGAS THAT YALL AINT NO JOKE!

FRONTLINE...SICK
BALANCE...SICK
KILLA KESE...SICK
YA BOY...SICK
FULLY LOADED...SICK
FEDERATION...SICK
TURF TALK...SICK

AND IT'S HELLA MORE NEW CAT'S I AINT EVEN MENTIONING (TOO SLEEPY)
ALL OF THESE NEW ARTIST AND THAT AINT EVEN COUNTING THE QUINNS AND KEAKS THAT HAVE BEEN RAPPIN FOR A WHILE BUT STILL HELLA YOUNG...THERE IS A NEW BAY AND IT'S LOOKIN LIKE THEY ALL GONE BRING IT TO THE TABLE AND MAKE TIGHT SHIT.

Oct 28, 2003
AND IM'A ADD THIS. ALOT OF BAY RAPPERS AND FANS COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THE EAST COAST HATE ON OUR MUSIC...AND THAT IS TRUE. BUT I CAN IN A FUCKED UP WAY SEE WHY...THEY TRIN TO RUN THE GAME LIKE WE DID IN THE 90'S WIT THE BAY AND L.A....BUT MAN THESE NEW BAY NIGGAS IS BREAKIN NEW GROUND IN OTHER MARKETS ( I KNOW SOME BROADS WHO SAY THEY WAS PLAYIN THE HELL OUT OF WHAT IS IT IN MIAMI DURING SPRING BREAK AND ERRBODY WAS FEELIN IT) AND THE ONES HATIN ON THEM IS NIGGAS RIGHT AT HOME. THEY TREATIN THESE NEW CATS LIKE THE EAST COAST TREAT THEM...TRYIN TO BRING THEM DOWN SO THEY CAN STAY...SOME OF THE OG'S NEED TO GROW UP