Mac Dre.. r u serious?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
ORIGINALITY......that boy is a fool. some people like his shit, some dont. u can say its just like Outkast, they shit is wierd, and some like it, and some dont.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the old stuff is great and I'm starting to get into some of the new shit too. Hes doing original shit coming up with new ideas

Sep 7, 2002
because he is a creater of his own style. he very unique and have interesting topics. he aint on the other shit like everyone else. he also got spits and good concepts of songs. you need to listen to him more. i at first thought the same thing but i actually paid attention to what he said he and i found out he tight. listen to the rompalation, genie of the lamp, ronald dregon, stupid. because they clasics.

Jun 13, 2002
^^^ his YBB shit was coo, but his Thizz shit is what really stood out to most people that dont even play underground/independent rap.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
see I always had to give damn near every Mac Dre album i ever owned a few spins to get into it but most of em are way bumpable to this day. Didn't really get into Heart of a Gangsta though mostly cuz it wasn't mixed very well Black Buck Rogers was the slap though.

Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
MAC MALL OVER MAC DRE anyday, but Dre has some coo ass tracks...He isn't my favorite rapper...but he has his own style & gets credit for that...

Fish Head Stew
that song on westsiderydaz vol 1
Im A Savage
Sac 2 Da Boonies

he has some tight shit

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
hes got some of the best lyrics around....and some of the best beats. some of his shit is questionable, but the dope shit is just off the wall. "doper than zoloft"-i mean, come on, u cant fuck with the dood....he just get shit STUPID.

off of both albums, Genie of the Lamp and Ronald Dregan, listen to-

Genie of the Lamp-
"She neva seen"
"Not my job"
the bonus track

Ronald Dregan
"Fellin myself"
"since 84'
"thats wasup"
"get stupid (remix)"

all of those songs have the greatest lyric/beat combination i've ev er heard. the beats are on another fucking planet, and just tight as hell. as for his lyrics, hes got an original flow, style, lyrical content, i mean, the doods just got GAME that no one else has. simple as that.

Jan 31, 2003
The only real way to fully accept MD's skills is to have listened to him since back in the day. Or at least since Rompolation. You needed to saok it up through the years and listen how he evolved, who he evolved with, and what he's doing now. That's the only way to appreciate Dre. It's hart to just start likin him the past couple years, which seems to be the case for lots of folks on this board (All I ever hear now is "Feelin Myself" comin out of car windows, all over Sac.)

I've never been able to explain Dre to anybody - you just gotta start listenin to his lyrics. If I sat somone down, who had never heard of Dre, and played like 11 hours of his shit straight through, they still wouldn't have any idea of MD's potential.

Imy opinion, he's the BEST lyricist EVER.

Oct 5, 2004
JsAHogg said:
The only real way to fully accept MD's skills is to have listened to him since back in the day. Or at least since Rompolation. You needed to saok it up through the years and listen how he evolved, who he evolved with, and what he's doing now. That's the only way to appreciate Dre. It's hart to just start likin him the past couple years, which seems to be the case for lots of folks on this board (All I ever hear now is "Feelin Myself" comin out of car windows, all over Sac.)

I've never been able to explain Dre to anybody - you just gotta start listenin to his lyrics. If I sat somone down, who had never heard of Dre, and played like 11 hours of his shit straight through, they still wouldn't have any idea of MD's potential.

Imy opinion, he's the BEST lyricist EVER.
i was listening to him since b4 he was in jail...

Nov 18, 2003
Old shit was wayyyyto sick! new stuff is cool, but he should have put out one GOOD cd instead of 3 kinda shitty cd's... seriously though, i was only feeling like 3 songs from each of those cds, if he put all the good ones together it would be a classic