Is Joe Blow low on gas?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2011
It has to be said. Joe...blows. Not feeling him at all. He never had gas in the first place. His beats are cool, but that doesnt make up for lack of lyricism. I want to take a nap when i hear him rapping.
Bullshit. Joe was never about lyricism Joe was about spitting REAL shit and he did it in fresh as laid back tone. Those verses he was spittin pre "YSBPM" were so ill they pushed him to the forefront of the Bay Area rap scene.

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
Bullshit. Joe was never about lyricism Joe was about spitting REAL shit and he did it in fresh as laid back tone. Those verses he was spittin pre "YSBPM" were so ill they pushed him to the forefront of the Bay Area rap scene.
You can still be REAL, and have some craftsmanship to your lyrics. Fact is, dude is a junkie and says the same lines over and over. Its lazy and why people buy his music is beyond me. Im like "WAKE THE FUCK UP!" , Ol nodding out ass hop head rapper. I feel like im listening to Bavgate or something. Boring as fuck.

Apr 4, 2011
You can still be REAL, and have some craftsmanship to your lyrics. Fact is, dude is a junkie and says the same lines over and over. Its lazy and why people buy his music is beyond me. Im like "WAKE THE FUCK UP!" , Ol nodding out ass hop head rapper. I feel like im listening to Bavgate or something. Boring as fuck.
Its crazy tho cause some of the greatest artists ever were hopped up.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I disagree,respectively. he could lay off the drugs but for the most part he just needs better production and mixing on his work.

If you ain't feelin his verse on this we ain't got the same taste in music, other dude is Wack tho. I expect a young lox & Joe blow remix of this beat.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
thing is no one said you had to listen to the albums as soon as they dropped, you coulda chilled for a while and had 3-4 new albums to listen to at any given time

and i always thought of it as kinda bitch like to be invested in what a rapper does in his personal life EG: he does too many drugs etc etc. if you dont know that personal personally sounds like girlish gossip-hating to me

niggas be takin other ppls drug use hella personal and shit lmao

joe blow is dope and im glad he puts out music consistently because it gives me something to look forward to often it shows that a person has work ethic and/or has passion for music, or at the very least is on their gring hustling.

but yeah i think worrying about a niggas drug intake is kinda funny style. like imagine someone saying that about ODB. i always thought it was kinda obvious that artists entertainers musicians actors etc use drugs and as long as they continue to put music/art/movies out so fuckin what if they do drugs, thats some shit only a niggas momma and children should worry about.

and its always some i heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from his homie that his homie who kicks it with joe blows cousin has a homie that says he does coke. nigga has pretty much let us know all about his drug use so whats the point of knocking a nigga for it lol its not like hes doing videos in old chinese coogi and USPA riding around in a honda accord with 3 hubcaps

who gives a fuck anyway most of us do drugs too

as long as he puts music out i aint complaining

Last edited:

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
This is true. But that doesnt make it right. I know drugs make the music creative, but why brag about it? Jim Morrison, Hendrix, and Joplin never bragged about heroin in their music.
People never spoke about drug use back then, they made songs about drugs/addiction/getting high but didn't directly mention it.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
It has to be said. Joe...blows. Not feeling him at all. He never had gas in the first place. His beats are cool, but that doesnt make up for lack of lyricism. I want to take a nap when i hear him rapping.
You think C.O.S. from sac is doper than blow?

If so you're taste in music is terrible bruh

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
bruh you tellin me you been stuck on his freshman album for 4 years you havent soaked none of his other albums. I understand music is subjective, that's why I rarely come here to get opinions on albums...hella shitty opinions on music here.

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
You think C.O.S. from sac is doper than blow?

If so you're taste in music is terrible bruh
C.o.S. is dope on some tracks, yes. And thats more than i can say about Joe Blow. Ive also been listening to C.o.S. for 10+ years, whereas I just heard about Joe Blow maybe 3 years ago. I also prefer music from Sacramento over Bay Area music. Its where im from...Bruh.

I can say the same about you. I like to feel pumped up or moved by the music, not fall asleep. But its just an opinion man. Im sure theres plenty of music we agree on or disagree on. Thats the great thing about music, theres plenty to discuss.

Apr 4, 2011
bruh you tellin me you been stuck on his freshman album for 4 years you havent soaked none of his other albums. I understand music is subjective, that's why I rarely come here to get opinions on albums...hella shitty opinions on music here.
OK "International Blow" his sophmore joint is where he started to show chinks in his armor but it was cool aside from the shitty sound of the album sonically. Then he dropped "The Lost Files" it was basically all filler besides four songs. Now, he redeemed his self with "Real Recognize Real" that was solid but after that the rest of his shit has been mediocre. "Check A Real Nigga Out Tho" should have been his attempt to recapture that zone of "YSBPM" but it couldn't live up to it and albums like "M.O.B.", "Blow", "True Story", "Been Grindin" and whatever else has been microwave shit. I'm sorry bruh but I feel like he jinxed his self by making "YSBPM" so dope.

Dec 19, 2005
he just put out too much too fast. quality wasnt there across the board.

i would rather have an artist put all their fillers into the recycle bin and hit delete...and never hear those... than to have to skip through 5 cds to hear 2 cds worth of good music.

joe blow fell victim to that.