G Eazy.....why no Love on here?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

McEvoyMadrone

Apr 14, 2006
Not really because obviously he is white & still nobody gives a fuck about him

Then again it's common to pull the race card when feeling some type of way, by all means, continue.
he buzz is def strong, he gotta rick ross to remix one of his singles...but he wack as shit. only reason he gettin that push is cuz he white from oakland, the label thinkin they gonna pull a macklamore or some shit...

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
he buzz is def strong, he gotta rick ross to remix one of his singles...but he wack as shit. only reason he gettin that push is cuz he white from oakland, the label thinkin they gonna pull a macklamore or some shit...
I was excited when I saw the Ross feature on that remix. Bought the song to support. But Ross didn't shout him out or even really keep with the theme of the song. Pretty sure is was a verse purchased by his management. It's good though. I fucks with Telegraph/Temescal so I'm happy to see dude get some shine.

Dec 13, 2006
I thought his album was coo and thats coming from a black man I could actually relate to him more than alotta black rappers atleast he wasnt braggin bout being rich and all these name brands that most ppl in my community cant afford but hey who I am jus another nigga wit an opinion

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
g eazy cool, my homie put me on to him, i like his shit but he aint super dope, i just think its that he has some backing behind him and a little money that makes him look doper than he is.

i also dont know how oakland cats would feel about this guy repping the town for them. he more or less represents the gentrification of oakland if anything. you put alot of those cats with the same money or label backing behind them and theyd shine a dozen times harder. its obvious he has a little money or a label behind him at this point based on the beats the videos the BET appearance and etc.

hes cool but he aint that dope. i just feel like its his skin color that gets him that kudos. you can hate on me for saying that if you want but look how many people are in oakland rapping that aint got the same chance. bro came out of nowhere and even got on black enertainment television before a nigga lol

if we talkin bay area white rappers tho shout out to my nigga nick james. hella doper.

but g eazy cool i dont wanna shit on him i just dont feel like hes better than anyone hes surpassed. lets put it that way. like are we really saying hes more deserving of being on the BET cypher than a J stalin, Joe blow or etc?

hell nah and yall know im right. but i still think hes dope. but if he blows up: i understand why...it aint got shit to do with reality....theres some machine or engine behind him bringing him to the forefront before everyone else...

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
the fact that he reps oakland makes it hilarious. lets say he was straight out of walnut creek or pleasant hill? bro might be the illest in his city to ever do it.

but being from oakland you cant help but be like what the holy fuck is going on behind the scenes here?

you gotta take into consideration how many dope rappers are in the town that aint even known much less the ones that ARE and this is the dude that somehow gets all this shine all the sudden?

(PS: i listen to g-eazy without hating on him. i like his music, and can listen to his shit while i listen to hundreds of other people from his area without it bothering me. i just am going to give my honest opinion wherever i see fit.)

Last edited:

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
you gotta take into consideration how many dope rappers are in the town that aint even known much less the ones that ARE and this is the dude that somehow gets all this shine all the sudden?
Most rappers in the Town are gangsta rappers. That's a major handicap when trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. It makes them scary/intimidating/unrelatable to the non-gangsta crowd and a liability to investors. G-Eazy is not a gangsta rapper and should not be compared to names you mentioned like Joe Blow and J. Stalin. I would compare him more to Iamsu or 100s who both blew up pretty fast. G-Eazy has actually been in the game longer than them.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Most rappers in the Town are gangsta rappers. That's a major handicap when trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. It makes them scary/intimidating/unrelatable to the non-gangsta crowd and a liability to investors. G-Eazy is not a gangsta rapper and should not be compared to names you mentioned like Joe Blow and J. Stalin. I would compare him more to Iamsu or 100s who both blew up pretty fast. G-Eazy has actually been in the game longer than them.
feel where you coming from but i wouldnt consider j stalin or joe blow gangster rappers. i come from southern california where bloods and crips are something youre around on the normal. the cats coming out in SD and LA are gangster rappers. now some square, or a white cat not involved in the urban life to understand the difference might prejudice any black dude talking about something illegal as a 'gangster rapper' but thats kinda what im gettin at, and thats why you got alot of these people whom were the same fan base as the people i mentioned, gravitating towards these types of rappers more. they went from listening to music as a fantasy to kind of being able to relate to a rapper more. and if hes from oakland, a predominately black area, more the reason to like him in they eyes. this whole talk can get deep as fuck...but regardless of how long dude has been rapping hes not that tight nor that tight in comparison to whomever we want to put next to him regardless of who you, or someone else considers gangsta.

now i understand where your coming from but in some points i agree and in others i dont. but either way i respect your comment and opinion in response to what i typed.

AT THE END OF THE DAY: like whom you want to like. theres no borders. im not hating, but ill call a spade a spade. in a way i find it real interesting this is the type of cat that people took interest to from oakland. or the type of cat that ended up on BET. more so i actually understand it all and have no issue getting why it happened and etc, its super clear to me. i could get into this talk super farther but i dont feel liek we need to because hes not like a vanilla ice, or someone who we shouldnt give a chance, so its cool. i dont call the shots and it is what it is. if anything good luck to g -eazy to be honest cuz i want anyone from cali to get on

Last edited: