Drake forced to pay for stealing playaz club lyrics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 26, 2006
www.greenrm420records.com
If u listen (pay attention) to the track drake says at the end of his verse he has to hit the bay to pay out a few peeps so I believe he planned to pay of 4tay and the other 2 writers of that song who also have writing credits.
I gotta admit it sure boosted his career for another run.thats good shit no matter what 4tay is a real humble dude!

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
If u listen (pay attention) to the track drake says at the end of his verse he has to hit the bay to pay out a few peeps so I believe he planned to pay of 4tay and the other 2 writers of that song who also have writing credits.
I gotta admit it sure boosted his career for another run.thats good shit no matter what 4tay is a real humble dude!
That's not how business works tho, you don't take shit before you pay for them.

That's like stealing some shoes and saying "it's coo I'll jus pay the store in 6 months when I have some cash"

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
I doubt drake had intentions of paying them off.. Otherwise he would have done it in the first place, and asked for permission... It was just "successful" enough to cause enough buzz on the web of stealing from the Bay (og songwriters, bay has nothing to do with it)...

May 16, 2002
I doubt drake had intentions of paying them off.. Otherwise he would have done it in the first place, and asked for permission... It was just "successful" enough to cause enough buzz on the web of stealing from the Bay (og songwriters, bay has nothing to do with it)...

You make it sound like Drake will miss that $100,000. Depending on his contract, those artist are protected against shit like that. 9 out of 10 you sue a bogus representing company and not the artist. They have that for lawsuit cases.

Either way, 4-Tay will get his money & I hope he spends it wisely. And no, I hope it's not into music.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
You make it sound like Drake will miss that $100,000. Depending on his contract, those artist are protected against shit like that. 9 out of 10 you sue a bogus representing company and not the artist. They have that for lawsuit cases.

Either way, 4-Tay will get his money & I hope he spends it wisely. And no, I hope it's not into music.
I know full well Drake/ universal or whoever doesn't give a flying fuck.. It's chump change.. I'm just saying there is a proper way to go about these things.. Had he held 4tay in a high enough regard, he would have gone thru the propr channels first hand to pay up for stealing the verse...

Jan 18, 2006