Dopest Rappers from San Jose

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2004
Glad folks mentioned Charizma even tho he was milpitas. One of the rawest emcees from the 90's. I think he woulda blown up if he didnt get shot. Almost like a westcoast Big L.

The only SJ rapper I listen to now is drew deezy his last mixtape was dope (island reggae type vibe), but I'll check for the others mentioned here.

Aug 17, 2002
This has turned into a good thread...

I'd also like to give condolences to the other D-Mac from San Jose who lost his battle with cancer on Christmas. He was on a song called High Rollaz from a comp called The Mobfia presented by Mr. Kee. RIP my friend.

Apr 20, 2003
Masta Steele's "Senter Road Sav" was tight as fuck..... 007 Goon Squad representing 7 Trees with "What that 7 Like" song was clean as well! The best albums for me personally gotta be Aggravated Assault's - What you know About Me, Jae Rilla's - Its Bigger Than Us and Jaz's - PSHYCOTIC MURDEROUS THOUGHTS

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I dont know about dopest but what i hear on the streets and the net i will go with Snow The product, PodyMouf, , 454
snow don't really rep SJ tho, she lives out of state to my knowledge.

454 is making the biggest noise out of SJ, but they have their own target audience, IMO they need to expand outside the asian & poly community, & have the ability to.

PodyMouf is the guy you produced a song for or something right? ....I only heard his name once outside this forum & it was some chick asking if I heard of him, I guess they used to kick it.

...I might have to check for his music to see what he is doing.

Sep 16, 2011
I honestly think the South Bay has the worst rappers out of the bay but once in a while a good song comes out of San Jo'.

There just hasn't been an artist/rapper that was good enough to blow the area up IMO.

San Jose doesn't have a Too Short or E-40 or RBL, or Nikatina, or Quinn, or A-Wax, or Jacka or even a Woodie that could really put them on the map.

Assassin was the only one really pushing San Jose for hella long and was one of the shittiest rappers to ever touch the mic lol good beats tho'.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
San Jose has a totally different vibe then SF and OAK... I think when they try to make music that mimics the sounds of SF/OAK it fails. When they do there own thing, its actually good.

San Jose is a good HipHop city for what its worth, but IMO not the best in "street" rap.

Props: erry and erry