Dopest Rappers from San Jose

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
@ the TS

Dont listen to these niggaz mang.

Crazie Locs is the truth. They just some haters and are probably friends of the rappers that they name droppin breh.

The Locness Monsta is the San Heezy Kang round here.

Chyea!

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Jae Rilla in his Prime
Drew Deezy got heaters!
Blac goes hard
Stik Gilatine always underrated but one of the dopest story tellers in the game, period.

A very overlooked classic from ESSJ is "Heat Season" by Young Heat ....still an underground classic.

Gangsta Reese been in the game for 20+ years & sold well outside of SJ.

Are we talkin 'blowin up' as in being on MTV, Radio & such? MC Twist had MTV & BET in SJ back in the day, but holds no weight in 2013.

Cali Grown is sick & for Christian Rap, my homeboy Brother Ig sells more out of SJ than any other artist, just to a different scene.

Someone mentioned the Killa Sharks compilations of the 90's & 2000's... I was on every last Killa Sharks comp & without a doubt, every last one of em is classic.

Talkin about "ARTISTS" & how we have none of them? ....shiiiit, check for Dave Dub, Persevere, Dirtbag Dan.

Battle rappers, aka backpack rappers like Dirtbag Dan as well, or Megabusive... these are dudes who are in the battle rap circuit.

& we got bay area pioneer DJ's like Sway who came from SJ, Tapemastahsteph, & the likes...

& who can say aint nobody made it outta SJ when Stonesthrow records is from SJ, & Peanut Butter Wolfe is from here too?

Oct 19, 2008
I was just about to say Jae Rilla might be the best ARTIST out the bay no one has ever heard of.... His solo shit I heard in the early 2000's was DOPE as fuck and before its time....
He only got one solo cd right "it bigger than us"? I know he on a bunch comps but as far as solo?

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
& though my dude has not blown up on some national scale & is real about it with his ILAM & FTI mentality... the hardest working man in hip hop calls San Jose his soil & that dude is our very own Playa Rae.

The homie may not be friends with everyone in the game ( more than likely because there are a lot of leaches in the SJ rap game ) but like my brother that does not discourage him from keepin on keepin on with touring & doing everything he does "In-house".

& R.I.P. to those who didnt make it but were on their way to making a name for themselves in & out SJ, D-Mac who passed along with the Frisco legend Cougnut & my homeboy Quiz 1 who was deeper in the game than most, but still made the rap shit crack.

Last edited: