Attention Rappers : Amateur vs. Professional

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2007
For the past few years I do Rock The Bells and The Paid Dues festival and other big festivals and they always ask me about doing a The Tonite Show nor cal set but they want the artist to perform to the instrumental and not perform to the song. So I'm not tryna offend no one I'm only tryna sharpen ya sword. Step your show game and artistry up and strive to be a professional not an amateur. Stop doing that kareokkee show gettin on stage and letting the song play while you perform to the recorded version of a song instead of the instrumental. That shit is lazy and your cheating your fans but most of all you cheating yourself out on future potential opportunities like how I'm saying now. Take the time to tell your engineer to make you a show version of your album too. As you know I Djayed for Nas, Common, Raekwon, Freddie Gibbs and none of them nor anybody truly successfull do that, be professional. Playball.

Last edited:
May 22, 2006
YA but also don't hve 35 of ur homeboys on stage rappin w u and jumpin around like idiots. And whatever you do, please don't give them fools a mic. Ruins the show. Make sure ur voice clear. Most rappers are terrible live. Ti n jay z the best I heard live n guess what? One guy on the mic at a time.

Mar 6, 2014
For the past few years I do Rock The Bells and The Paid Dues festival and other big festivals and they always ask me about doing a The Tonite Show nor cal set but they want the artist to perform to the instrumental and not perform to the song. So I'm not tryna offend no one I'm only tryna sharpen ya sword. Step your show game and artistry up and strive to be a professional not an amateur. Stop doing that kareokkee show gettin on stage and letting the song play while you perform to the recorded version of a song instead of the instrumental. That shit is lazy and your cheating your fans but most of all you cheating yourself out on future potential opportunities like how I'm saying now. Take the time to tell your engineer to make you a show version of your album too. As you know I Djayed for Nas, Common, Raekwon, Freddie Gibbs and none of them nor anybody truly successfull do that, be professional. Playball.
it's all about that fast mixtape money and whatever else is cheaper, rappers want that fast buck.

May 5, 2002
The day being a "trapper" (or atleast according to their truthful lyrics) substituted being a musician as the prerequisite for being a MC/rapper, is the day all this sht happened.

If it weren't for producers and their beats rap would've been dead.

Jun 6, 2014
Earth
DRU DOWN,NIKKATINA AND 40 PUT ON GOOD SHOWS
never seen dru down.

nickatina does exactly what fresh is talking about every time i have seen him live karaoke shit.

yukmouth does it too

E-40 is a beast live. one time he blew the amp at a show while they were fixing it he did some acapella shit straight gas. he stops and says gotta take a gatorade break i yelled its rossi he said u know. after they fixed the amp he said what should we do next to b-legit. i yelled do 1-luv he did 1-luv. #coolstorybro

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
And show up for sound check and don't leave until they have your voice sounding proper.
Man. I tell ya...so many rap shows I hear the headliner talking shit to the sound guy.
Motherfucker you showed up late and you and your boys make all kinds of excuses "man security was fuckin with us"..."the promoter is janky"

So fuckin unprofessional I hate that shit. Cats be scrambling for rides the day of their own fuckin show!...callin ppl with good driving records to rent them a car.

Jun 6, 2014
Earth
....And you sit and bitch with your chickens about it isn't fair
The sound system ain't shit but I was crystal clear
We first name basis, sound men - we give em' beer
Plus I tipped em' 50 last semester when the click was here.....