Tech on Jimmy Kemmel tomorrow night (6/24)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2003
Just passing the word along. He'll be on there to perform Fragile with Krizz, Wrek, and the guy that sings the hook. Sorry I'm too lazy to look it up right now hah.

There's a flyer going around online too.

I don't normally watch the show but I'll have to check it out for possible interviews and such.

I'm glad things are getting better after the sad news earlier this month.

And of course as a long time fan I'm digging that he's finally get some mainstream Late Night air time.
Oops I said the M word lol.

Good look Tech

Nov 14, 2002
Strange has never been good at picking singles. That song is fuckin' STUPID to be wasting TV time on. It's still better than nothing, but the song itself is what... 30% Tech? He's basically a feature on his own song.

I still find it funny to see Tech's name in the descriptions of shows on television. I'm just so used to NOT hearing his name come out of anybody's mouth that it's still a bit jarring when you turn on standard tv and hear the name.

Aug 16, 2003
I liked it as a showcase performance. It showed off some decent harmonizing and showed Techs ability on the mic. He killed his verse. But we all know the reason he was on to begin with was the legs of that song and Kendrick being on there. Sad but true. But this is great exposure and hopefully will get him on more late night shows in the future.

Plus he did that shit in his normal show gear which was fucking awesome. I almost thought he would go with the sunglasses look and no paint, but he went FULL Tech hah. Im proud of him just on that level. And the fact that Mayday was there with the live instruments was dope.

If you missed it last night heres the performance

And LOL @ me for calling Kendall a dude hah

Sep 30, 2002
Full face paint, same way they perform it at every show, in uniform. For a lot of us that in our younger years petitioned the Chapelle show and a few other shows that featured musical guests this was a victory.... And a good first step. ABC monitors ratings by the minute and the fact that Tech had Kimmel trending 2 hours before the show aired are all GREAT things. Tech was also on an HOUR LONG ESPN podcast earlier in the day where Jason Whitlock told his story from the beginning. No coincidence that the are owned by ABC/Disney. THIS WAS BIG.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Um. What were you expecting?

Um. Maybe a shortened hook or 2 verses from Tech or Tech not kneeling down the entire time he was rapping while Krizz waved a sweat rag. It had no energy and it was a terrible song choice. This is the breakdown of the video
:10 Song starts
1:40 (1 minute 30 seconds to do the hook) tech starts rapping
2:23 (43 seconds later) Tech stops rapping
3:23 (1 minute of hook) Song ends
=2:30 is hook, 43 seconds is Tech.
If I wasn't already a fan and saw this it definitely wouldn't try to hear any more.

He's a mental giant wasn't on the show, was it? That would have been 1000 times better for the main song.

Aug 16, 2003
Um. Maybe a shortened hook or 2 verses from Tech or Tech not kneeling down the entire time he was rapping while Krizz waved a sweat rag. It had no energy and it was a terrible song choice. This is the breakdown of the video
:10 Song starts
1:40 (1 minute 30 seconds to do the hook) tech starts rapping
2:23 (43 seconds later) Tech stops rapping
3:23 (1 minute of hook) Song ends
=2:30 is hook, 43 seconds is Tech.
If I wasn't already a fan and saw this it definitely wouldn't try to hear any more.

He's a mental giant wasn't on the show, was it? That would have been 1000 times better for the main song.

He's a mental giant isn't what got him on the show though. I can almost guarantee it was due to Fragile based on its overall popularity. It's like Mental Giant but I'm sure the network was like Do Fragile. That's the hot single on the radio at the moment now.

And as far as the performance goes.....dude. Wanting a hype performance from Fragile, is like asking a hype performance from This Ring. He does that whole song sitting down hah. Tech took a knee and that makes it a bad/less intense performance?? Hell no. It showed to me that he didn't want to fucking that shit up on TV because it's HARD to do lol and he was getting into the song. I agree it could of had another verse but the song was made that way. I always thought the album version was strange because the 1st part of the song is just the beat until Wreck comes in. They did the radio edit without the other verse, for better or worse.

And Mental Giant was played for the audience there. At least they posted it up so others could see it and fans could get more content from the artist and Stamina made it too.

Super Dope

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
shortness aside...

the fact that he got that type of exposure, not to mention seeing him perform that 100% without anything being watered down, face paint and being all the way flamed up is fucking dope in itself.

for an underground artist with no major radio/video push he's come SUCH a long fucking way from when I first discovered who it is that he was back in '02 it's crazy just seeing him on national tv like that...

Ps. throwing in STAMINA at the end. winning.

Aug 16, 2003
I guess I don't know anything. People seemed to like it from what I read online and there were a handful of people who said they weren't fans but wanted to check out more of Techs work.
Thats a win then lol.

Dont get me wrong, long time fans know it wasnt the best Tech show ever but it was ground breaking for him and got his exposure up. Some people may only know him from this feature but go and look at other stuff.

All this will do is open the few doors that are still closed. The next project he drops will get lots of looks. Special Effects might be "the" Tech project that lets him get recognized like he should.

Time will tell of course

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
It seems like every album is "the" album that is supposed to "infect the world" or whatever... and, it never really is.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I don't think there's going to be "the" album for Tech. Does it really matter though? Strange is one of the biggest indie labels in rap right now and they have an amazingly solid roster. I can see Mayday getting a lot bigger and I'm sure Murs album is gonna sell pretty well.

Last edited: