Off Topic: MC Chris' Foreverrr Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
Finally listening to the new MC Chris. Straight off the bat (and as usual) it starts with a skit.. But in this one, MC is a ghost, trying to talk to a lonely robot, who can't see him. Essentially MC is like "Hey guys you stopped listening to me, but I'm still here"... That's what I get from it anyway. Strike one.

The song following is ok. Beat is awesome and MC flows like MC... Though, it's a song about giving up weed and booze and whatnot so we're starting off a little preachy, but if you like MC you're going to love the sound of this.. Cuz dude hasn't changed his flow in like 4 albums.

Song two, The Gorillaz need their beat back. MC Flows like a beast as usual. BTW, the cardboard and insert of this CD smells delicious, if you're into that type of thing.

Song three is about Luigi in the haunted house searching for Mario so... You just can't knock that shit. It's no Fette's Vette though.

Have I mentioned that MC even says that his rap career was basically just a joke, and something he never actually wanted to do, but it just happened to make him some cash while he was trying to produce his cartoon that never happened? I don't know if that's a sad story, or a "go fuck yourself MC" story.

The skits aren't holding up as well as usual due to the guy who usually plays the record exec is now a robot with a filter on his voice... Takes away from it a bit.

A song about Wednesday Adams... Cute I guess. Dope "thump thump clap" beat that sounds a bit like Castlevania... I'd love to hear other guys on this beat.

Next song is called 58.9... I don't know why. I also listen to this song just like other MC songs and don't really listen to the lyrics so much. One thing I'm happy about is that he included a lyric book with this cd, so I'm looking forward to poking through that one of these days (I probably won't). Oh, apparently the atomic weight of cobalt is 58.9... Yay for chemistry rap!

Track 8 is "Smell Something"... Again.. I kind of like the beat but.. This shit just isn't catching me like previous MC album/tracks have. Looking at the lyrics I suppose this is a Ghost Busters reference.

Fuck it... I'm not going to bother going song by song because it's hard to describe why every song is disappointing.

Ok.. Track 11 "I'm A Fucking Wizard"... Dope beat, fun song.

Track 12 is "Discord".. It's about My Little Pony...

That's the end of disc one... Not feelin' it.

The starting skit to disc two makes no fucking sense to me. Bad start.

Track 4 is decent... "Fireplace and Pipe"

Ok... Ya know what? Fuck it. This is a fully self serving album... "Woe is me, you stopped listening after my Reddit fuckup (I'll fill you in on this later if you're curious) I've changed, fuck you" type shit. I didn't know dude was ever on drugs in the first place, but I wish he'd get back on them because I'm not trying to hear this motherfucker preach to me or talk shit to me about being a "fair weather fan" (actual term used in his lyrics for a song called Number One Fan).

So the end of this review, 75% through the album is "Go fuck yourself MC". I was a fan, you fucked up, and this album sucks dicks.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
He raised a shitload of money on kickstarter to make that cartoon but it wasn't very funny and adult swim passed on it.

Also, people were pissed at him from before reddit because apparently he was kicking people out of his shows if they said anything he didn't like on twitter and kicked a guy out for tweeting that the opening act at a chris concert was wack.

Nov 14, 2002
I know all about it, sir. That's the Reddit thing I was talking about. Turned me off on him immediately... Then he comes with this fucking album...

And not for nothing, but that cartoon he had was thirty times better than Squidbillies, Tim & Eric, Superjail, and NCFUSIDJWPEOIHGSDGSLK:SOD*JGS combined, so fuck Adult Swim.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I just listened to the album. The intro was funny for about a minute then it got boring. Imagine my surprise when I found out that there's literally 31 minutes and 58 seconds of skits. Help Wanted and Let Me In are the only 2 songs I really liked. There were a couple of songs that were alright and the rest were filler. I also checked out near the end because theres only so much "little kid" voice I can take in one sitting.

Nov 14, 2002
Same thing happened to me... Long ass album.

Nothing really stood out to me and I doubt I'll ever even listen to it again. I'll stick to a few of his older albums from here on out.

Aug 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Old post, I know, but I was bored.

The only songs I really cared for from MC Chris is Fett's Vette, of course, and The Tussin. Dude was pretty awesome on the old Aqua Teen Hunger Force, tho.