What kinda TV you got?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I disagree that nothing beats the picture of a Panasonic Plasma but they do have some good TV's. Their LED's are better.

Anyone own a 3D tv? I don't know anyone that uses it but since PS3 has the capability, I'm hoping they use it for games on the PS4

Jun 24, 2003
I disagree that nothing beats the picture of a Panasonic Plasma but they do have some good TV's. Their LED's are better.

Anyone own a 3D tv? I don't know anyone that uses it but since PS3 has the capability, I'm hoping they use it for games on the PS4
LED's are closer than LCD's in terms of getting closer to a better picture but not quite. I researched the hell out of Tv's for weeks and still do.

Props: BUTCHER 206

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I know that, I meant clearer AND brighter. I always got the feeling though that every store sabotages the models they don't want to sell as much as others. That's how I feel about those Hisense TV's at Walmart. I worked at Cox Communications for 5 years until this last year and all of the technicians agreed that nothing on the market was better than a high end Samsung LED once the settings are where they need to be

Props: BUTCHER 206

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I have never personally seen a plasma clearer/brighter than a high end Samsung or Sharp Aquos. Those 2 stand alone.
clearness and brightness are the worst things you could consider for picture quality lol. you want the opposite, a 'soft' natural picture with extreme dark blacks and great contrast.

but to each their own. people seem to love their tvs with extreme brightness, and with hyper-real sharpness, thats why all display tvs are set in "torch mode" i guess, with max contrast and brightness. to me the sign of a bad tv is looking at it and thinking it "looks HD". picture quality should never appear artificially enhanced or hyper-real, it should look real and natural

Props: WT SAVAGE

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
pretty much though both those tvs you said are great though, i would get a led tv for my next tv easily. this plasma is pretty much a movie viewing tv, i wouldn't bother unless you watch blu-rays like 90% of the time. looking back id get an LED cause i game like crazy now and i have to be careful about image retention from the bright ass HUDs in all these games. burn-in is dead but image retention is very much alive and extremely annoying

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
I have 46" Sony Bravia 1080 led in my bedroom and a 50" Samsung 720 plasma in the living room, the 720 plasma picture looks way better then the led, only thing that sucks with the plasma is it puts off a lot of heat.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
2005 model 60" Sony SXRD. It has the greenish/yellowish tint bug but for how much I paid for it and the amount of tv I watch I haven't upgraded......yet. I do wanna get a hang on the wall lcd to free up some floor space though just haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I don't have cable just an hd antenna.
There was an extended warranty to fix that they were still honoring like a year ago. You should call sony and see if they'll fix it. It's the light engine that caused that.

Props: Gold Deez
Oct 10, 2005
I have 46" Sony Bravia 1080 led in my bedroom and a 50" Samsung 720 plasma in the living room, the 720 plasma picture looks way better then the led, only thing that sucks with the plasma is it puts off a lot of heat.
had to return a plasma awhile back those mothafuckas act as a tv slash heater

got a Samsung LED 55" D6000 had it couple years movies and gaming is good

Props: VERSACERO
Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
If you want the best picture and a tv that will last 10+ years get a Sony. You're gonna pay more but you get what you pay for. I've set up and installed a few of the new $7000 4k models and it's by far the best picture out there. Thing is you can get a pretty nice off brand 60" for under a grand and just upgrade every few years. Depends on how much it means to you I guess. I have an older sony 46" LCD I got a deal on as my main tv and old ass tube TVs in my bedrooms.

Jun 5, 2004
Plasmas have deeper black tones so if ur gonna watch dark knight or somethin then itd probably look better on a plasma... But if u wanna a sci-fi movie then an led would be brighter n look better. And i dont mean bright like turning up the brightness on a tv, i mean like more vibrant, cleaner colors

Props: Coach E. No

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
I got a LG 55' 3D Smart Apps TV that came with a 3D BluRay Player and 6 Glasses for 2 racks at the beggining of the year..... i fuckin love it.

Thats in the living room and my LG 60' tru slim plasma (RAC be pushin em feyo) went to the bedroom...

i prefer the plasma for regular tv and movie watching... that trueCinema or whatever it is that makes tv shows and older movies look like home camcorder footage bothered me at first..(i got over it).. but for games its amazing and my wife brought home world warZ 3D when it came out and the 3D movies are amazing... before that bluray i had only watched it on DirecTV on demand.. where it was coo too but not as dope

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
pretty much though both those tvs you said are great though, i would get a led tv for my next tv easily. this plasma is pretty much a movie viewing tv, i wouldn't bother unless you watch blu-rays like 90% of the time. looking back id get an LED cause i game like crazy now and i have to be careful about image retention from the bright ass HUDs in all these games. burn-in is dead but image retention is very much alive and extremely annoying
Yeah, I guess brighter isn't the word I'm looking for. Lifelike and vivid maybe? lol Idk. I watch mostly sports stuff and my kids watch cartoons/kids movies a lot in the living room. I rarely get to watch movies these days.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
If you want the best picture and a tv that will last 10+ years get a Sony. You're gonna pay more but you get what you pay for. I've set up and installed a few of the new $7000 4k models and it's by far the best picture out there. Thing is you can get a pretty nice off brand 60" for under a grand and just upgrade every few years. Depends on how much it means to you I guess. I have an older sony 46" LCD I got a deal on as my main tv and old ass tube TVs in my bedrooms.
That's kinda what I worry about. Worried that if I spend too much yet it blows out a couple years from now. My bedroom is big enough that I could just move my 55 or 60 inch tv into there if I buy one and something dope or cheap was available a couple years from now. I have actually considered buying a projector for years. I have a pretty big living room and vaulted ceilings so I easily could. We have wood blinds which makes it plenty dark enough for it too. Still sorta thinking about getting one.

Jul 29, 2002
That's kinda what I worry about. Worried that if I spend too much yet it blows out a couple years from now. My bedroom is big enough that I could just move my 55 or 60 inch tv into there if I buy one and something dope or cheap was available a couple years from now. I have actually considered buying a projector for years. I have a pretty big living room and vaulted ceilings so I easily could. We have wood blinds which makes it plenty dark enough for it too. Still sorta thinking about getting one.

my brother has one and he only uses it once in awhile, the problem is that the room has to be hella dark in order to enjoy it. So daytime tv isn't really an option, at night though it's on point

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Yeah, my brother in law has one and his room isn't ever dark enough. My living room is plenty dark enough even in the middle of the day with these blinds closed.