What kinda TV you got?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Man, I've thought about buying one of those Hisense ones. I just bought a house so I'm feeling like I want to step my tv game up. Been looking for a 55" or 60" Samsung. Looks like it's gonna cost about $1099. Picture is far clearer than most of the TV's in the price range. Kinda been thinking about the Vizio for $899 for a 60" though. I might wait til Super Bowl time. That's supposedly the cheapest time to get one.

Jun 5, 2004
A 42" vizio led on the wall. if u dont want to overpay for good shit then get a vizio.
And thats not like people that say "my Kaibatsu tv is just as good as your sony and it was only $150" the cheaper brands r crap... My family down in fresno bought a big ass cheap tv i think it was a Sanyo or Fony or one of those n it worked fine for 2 years until it decided to crap out right after the warranty was up

Feb 14, 2006
I bought a 17 inch 1080i tru tech tv back in 2004 lol Speakers were bumpin at an amazing 1 watt each. Cost me $200 and the screen had a white line going across the entire screen when it was on.
I returned and exchanged, and the replacement had the same problem.
I returned it for my money, and bought some bud instead.
Samsung brands are the only sets I fuck with now. Sometimes you get what you pay for. I don't think they even make tru tech anymore haha

Props: Coach E. No
Jun 5, 2004
I bought a 17 inch 1080i tru tech tv back in 2004 lol Speakers were bumpin at an amazing 1 watt each. Cost me $200 and the screen had a white line going across the entire screen when it was on.
I returned and exchanged, and the replacement had the same problem.
I returned it for my money, and bought some bud instead.
Samsung brands are the only sets I fuck with now. Sometimes you get what you pay for. I don't think they even make tru tech anymore haha
Was it a plasma tv with the lines in it? I know plasmas break like that pretty often or they used to... Last year this guy at best buy was tryna tell me the new plasmas they have now dont break like leavin lines on screen or a image of a movie permanently burned into the tv like they used to, but he was also sellin the shit so idk if thats true...

If i remember right plasmas had a better picture than the lcdds back when they first came out.

Jun 5, 2004
Can someone tell me how the ultra hd is gonna be better? Whats the point of havin better than 1080 when blurays and cable both only go up to 1080?

I think the stuff theyve added since leds are a waste of money... I guess i can understand if ur into havin wi-fi built in... I usually get mad when new shkt comes out and im stuck with the old shit but i think im good for a while with my led

Props: DuceTheTruth
Feb 14, 2006
Was it a plasma tv with the lines in it? I know plasmas break like that pretty often or they used to... Last year this guy at best buy was tryna tell me the new plasmas they have now dont break like leavin lines on screen or a image of a movie permanently burned into the tv like they used to, but he was also sellin the shit so idk if thats true...

If i remember right plasmas had a better picture than the lcdds back when they first came out.
Nah this was a straight LCD, generic piece of tin can shit lol. I would have been happy with a plasma for $200 back in 2004 but that wasn't happening. I didn't think upgrading was worth the price yet and everybody kept telling me to wait for HDTV to drop in prices so I did. Stuck with a 87lb 20 inch tube for a while there.
Been out of the HD loop since I picked up the Samsung sets so if Plasma has reduced the burn-in that's good and all but I hope he wasn't working on commission trying to sell off shit nobody needs lol

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
They have fixed that plasma issue actually and they are a lot better. But they get hot as hell and burn a lot more electricity compared to LED. LCD's are still decent but in terms of brightness and length of life, LED is the way to go.

T @tazz , it was the same thing when HD came out. Most shows weren't shot in 1080i and still aren't. ESPN shoots everything in 720p still to this day because it captures quickly moving objects better. the Ultra HD looks crazy good but most stuff won't be in Ultra HD for a long while. I'm not sure if they will have upconverting boxes to get things to look better like they did with HD originally or not but I would think they would. It's a much higher resolution. Definitely not worth 4 thouwow though

May 14, 2002
My family down in fresno bought a big ass cheap tv i think it was a Sanyo or Fony or one of those n it worked fine for 2 years until it decided to crap out right after the warranty was up
When the shit don't work just after the warranty runs out it's usually the capacitors that broke down or burned out.
I had the same with my samsung monitor. When I powered it on the screen just stayed black.
After a quick search online I knew more or less what to do. I know fuck all about electronics but why not try.. the shit doesn't work anymore anyway.

So I bought a few new capacitors which are literally 20 cts per piece. Removed the old ones from the board and put the new ones on and it works again as if I just bought it.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i got a samsung, i dunno how big it is, 36-42 i forget. i have a bigger samsung but i gave to my moms

love my tv hella hdmi inputs, hella usb inputs, all the shit

i just want the NEWEST samsung cuz you can mirror with your phone (atleast my girls galaxy does) she can also use her phone as a remote which is cool when you cant find the remote

i like that everything is merging and syncing and becoming compatible with all our other devices like laptops tablets and phones