usa troops being shipped to liberia wont get hazmat suits

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2006
Unbelievable

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division will not receive full protective Hazmat suits for their mission in West Africa

They’re being sent to West Africa – but won’t get full protective Hazmat suits

Career Pentagon stooge says troops will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the virus

Nashville Public Radio | Fort Campbell Troops On Ebola Mission Won’t Get Full Protective Gear

[EGG]Commander of U.S. Africa Command General David M. Rodriguez conducts a press briefing about the Department of Defense response to Ebola at the Pentagon Wednesday. Credit: Master Sgt. Adrian Cadiz

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division leading the military response to Ebola in West Africa will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the deadly virus, so said Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing Wednesday.

“They don’t need the whole suit – as such – because they’re not going to be in contact with any of the people,” the commander of U.S. troops in Africa said.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne will primarily be building hospitals, ultimately leading what could be a contingent of 4,000 American service members. They’ll be housed either in tent cities at military airfields or in Liberian Ministry of Defense facilities, Rodriguez said.

Soldiers’ health will be monitored through surveys and taking their temperature on their way in and out of camps. If a service member does get sick, Rodriguez said they will be flown home immediately for treatment.

Next week, the 101st Airborne will hold a traditional pre-deployment ceremony, known as a “color casing”, before departing for Liberia, though a handful of soldiers are already on the ground[/EGG]

Oct 31, 2007
Unbelievable

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division will not receive full protective Hazmat suits for their mission in West Africa

They’re being sent to West Africa – but won’t get full protective Hazmat suits

Career Pentagon stooge says troops will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the virus

Nashville Public Radio | Fort Campbell Troops On Ebola Mission Won’t Get Full Protective Gear

[EGG]Commander of U.S. Africa Command General David M. Rodriguez conducts a press briefing about the Department of Defense response to Ebola at the Pentagon Wednesday. Credit: Master Sgt. Adrian Cadiz

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division leading the military response to Ebola in West Africa will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the deadly virus, so said Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing Wednesday.

“They don’t need the whole suit – as such – because they’re not going to be in contact with any of the people,” the commander of U.S. troops in Africa said.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne will primarily be building hospitals, ultimately leading what could be a contingent of 4,000 American service members. They’ll be housed either in tent cities at military airfields or in Liberian Ministry of Defense facilities, Rodriguez said.

Soldiers’ health will be monitored through surveys and taking their temperature on their way in and out of camps. If a service member does get sick, Rodriguez said they will be flown home immediately for treatment.

Next week, the 101st Airborne will hold a traditional pre-deployment ceremony, known as a “color casing”, before departing for Liberia, though a handful of soldiers are already on the ground[/EGG]

Playing It Raw

May 14, 2002
Ebola is the new terrorist, send the military to fight this new terrorist group!

I think the same number of people that died from hunger in Africa, died from obesity in the US...

#fatfucks

I'm pretty sure more people die from obesity then from hunger.
It won't be much longer or people in africa will see commercials on their tv's and be asked to send donations to the united states.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I'm pretty sure more people die from obesity then from hunger.
It won't be much longer or people in africa will see commercials on their tv's and be asked to send donations to the united states.
Just saw a post on facebook that had thousands of likes about this Indian or Pakistani dude, who took starving children from the streets to eat at McDonalds from his first salary. :dead: The world is fucked...

May 22, 2006
What's the point of sending military there? Retarded. Just cut the flights and let that shit run its course on Africa.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I bet most ain't happy^^^
I sure wouldn't b
I know they ain't happy to leave family, girlfriends, friends etc. But I guarantee they're amped up for their mission and to do their job.

Combat engineers are cut from a different cloth than a lot of people. In Afghanistan and Iraq a lot of their missions were generally more dangerous than a lot of Infantry missions. Combat engineers live and breathe that shit, cause they don't get to do it when they're at home.

I spent almost 9 years in the Army, the first half as Field Artillery and the second half as tactical communications. Both jobs were exactly like I explained with the combat engineers. All we wanted to do as Field Artillery was hit the field and put rounds down range. It sucked leaving family and friends, but most people got amped as fuck when it was time to deploy.

I'll admit though after a few months it gets old and soldiers get tired of it and say "fuck this shit" lol

I know a lot of those engineers are amped for this though.