For the Tequila Afficionados

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
two of my favorite tequilas are San Matias anejo and tonala 4 year old anejo.

The tonala 4 year old anejo is phenomal, aged in sherry and bourban barrels but not super oaky. Taste a lot of sweetness from the agave, vanilla, and hints of oak. The original tonala anejo is good but this 4 year takes it up another level. Better than the 1942 IMO

Tequilla ocho is good too, a little more harsh but the tricky thing about them is they source their agave from different reaches, so you might enjoy one years bottling but hate the next

On another note, I got my hands on 23 and 15 year pappy van winkle at retail

Mar 25, 2005
I HIT ABOUT 5 TEQUILA FESTIVALS AND EXPOS IN CALI AND MEX THIS YEAR...I WOULD SAY OUT OF ALL THE NEW STUFF COMING OUT I WOULD SPEND MONEY ON CROTALO, LUCHA TEQUILA AND FUENTESECA...THE FIRST 2 WON AWARDS FOR ALL 4 OF THE LINES(BLANCO,REPO,ANEJO AND XA).. FUENTESECA IS DOING SOMETHING NEW WITH BLENDING DIFFERENT AGED BARRELS AND THE DRANK IS SMOOTH AS HELL...

Mar 25, 2005
BEEN LOOKING FOR A BOTTLE OF THIS FOR ATLEAST A YEAR AND A HALF...LAST TIME I WAS IN GUADALAJARA I TALKED TO THE PRODUCT MANAGER AT THE DISTILLERY AND TOLD HIM TO SAVE ME SOME THE NEXT TIME THEY BOTTLED SOME...MY COWORKER WAS DOWN THERE THIS WEEK AND CAME THROUGH...ARETTE GRAN CLASE AGED 10 YRS...THEY ONLY BOTTLE VERY 5 YEARS AND ONLY 99 IN THIS BATCH....

Attachments

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
SOME TEQULAS ARE AGED IN WHISKEY BARRELS AND DO PICK UP SOME KICK. tHATS PROBABLY WHY YOU LIKE THE 1942....I PREFER THE SMOOTHER TASTING ONES... I COULD DRINK THOSE EVERYDAY...SOMETHING THAT HAS A STRONG TASTE OR GOES A LITTER ROUGH I HAVE TO BE IN THE MOOD FOR....
42 is smooth as fuck honestly imo - excellent vanilla caramel finish

your tequila cabinet is hard as fuck looks like mine without the custom cabinet even down to the kah mini skulls

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Patrons only over rated because rappers tried to make it "baller" or popular or whatever for a while but just taken at face value its smooth and worth the price LISICKI @LISICKI i havent tried that yet bruh.. Have seen it before at the vallarta liquor cabinet... Ima give it a try like for new years or somethin