Taqueria Vallarta - who's got it better than them?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 3, 2014
I disagree and I grew up eating tacos at el grullense. The only one that holds weight is the one on middlefield with the outdoor order station.

And grullense in PA are better than los altos taqueria and I work in Los altos
los altos taqueria is in mountain view..and that one on middlefield is good but they dont like whites...my favorite one is the one on el camino thats pretty much part of the sequoia station train station..or the one by vibes

Jan 5, 2006
Waiting for someone to mention Tacos El Gordo... haven't tried them yet but I hear they're the best in the East Bay..

Anyone tried Sancho's taqueria in Palo Alto? Hear they good too. I can't fuck with El Greasy (El Grullense) they always fuck up my order, and it just wasn't that good. Redwood has like 3-4 locations, hella Michoacan paisas everywhere too. PURO SINALOA putos!

I think the best burrito spot in SF is in Bayview, called El Azteca, you can order Chipotle style, I usually get the streak and prawn burrito with refried beans, red rice, sour cream, mild salsa.. hella good! best tacos in SF probably La Laguna on 3rd Street in Hunters Point. Taco Tuesdays .99 cent tacos, you can taste the beer they use to marinate the taco meat too. I think that all the taquerias on mission are overrated a bit. Farolito is only good for late night. I'd take Guadalajara over Farolito. There's also this spot on mission called La Oaxaquena, BEST Mexican Hot Chocolate and Chicken Mole tamales. The owner personally goes to Mexico and brings back raw cocoa.

Any of the SJ peeps on here tried that Mexico Bakery tortas on Tully or Story I think? Supposedly the best Tortas in the whole Bay.

Feb 3, 2014
Waiting for someone to mention Tacos El Gordo... haven't tried them yet but I hear they're the best in the East Bay..

Anyone tried Sancho's taqueria in Palo Alto? Hear they good too. I can't fuck with El Greasy (El Grullense) they always fuck up my order, and it just wasn't that good. Redwood has like 3-4 locations, hella Michoacan paisas everywhere too. PURO SINALOA putos!

I think the best burrito spot in SF is in Bayview, called El Azteca, you can order Chipotle style, I usually get the streak and prawn burrito with refried beans, red rice, sour cream, mild salsa.. hella good! best tacos in SF probably La Laguna on 3rd Street in Hunters Point. Taco Tuesdays .99 cent tacos, you can taste the beer they use to marinate the taco meat too. I think that all the taquerias on mission are overrated a bit. Farolito is only good for late night. I'd take Guadalajara over Farolito. There's also this spot on mission called La Oaxaquena, BEST Mexican Hot Chocolate and Chicken Mole tamales. The owner personally goes to Mexico and brings back raw cocoa.

Any of the SJ peeps on here tried that Mexico Bakery tortas on Tully or Story I think? Supposedly the best Tortas in the whole Bay.
theres a sanchos in the rich white part of redwood city too...idk if its the same owners...its good but i dont go there if i want real mexican food

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i hope you mean in the bay/norhtern california, because southern cali mexican food undisguisedly shits on northern cali mexican food

anywho theres a spot in the mission thats bomb i forget the name of it but i know where its at from when i had to work at precita eyes from getting arrested for graf.

theres a spot off grant in concord thats hella good, they have a real small menu but everything is good, i particularly go for the mexican spots that are more like southern cali mex food than the shit up here, i hate shit like black beans in my burrito, shit like that.

you gotta go far and wide and search for the good spots. alot of spots are the same and just have no style to them.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
There's a La Vics in Redwood now too isn't there?

I'm slippin on these other spots, might just give el greasy another try... i'm particular to Charlie's Taqueria or Guadalajara grill, both in San Mateo. Then there's El Metate right off 101 in Belmont on Harbor. Good salsa bar and wet burritos are the shit.