The Real Purpose of Oakland's Surveillance Center

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
I agree with you 100% breh, my only point is who is really to blame for us losing our freedoms?

Obama??( in which whom I believe has a horrible hidden agenda & so will the next president to follow, ect, ect )

Or is it this generation of crack babies with zero regards for human life shooting rampant into densely populated areas?

Is it the about leaving the flood gates open for anybody & everybody to come live in the USA, despite the fact they hate us?

Despite the fact their country hates us?

Their religion hates us?

Someone has to police this shit, ....do I want to be policed? NOPE.

But at the end of the day with the exponential amount of irresponsible people living here in the country, someone gotta at least attempt or make it seem like they are trying to make it safe for the average everyday citizen.

Do I want a camera on my moms house?

...nope, not if she is moving bulk weight of cocaine out her front door pimpin hoes & crackin off a bullet every time she has a disagreement

but if it is there to protect her, I can't say I disagree.
I feel ya big homie. I don't disagree, it's jus like u said tho, it's about obamas and the "higher ups" AGENDA. The last sentence is where my issue is and what I think "still hustlin" touched up on. I really don't think it's there to "protect" anyone. But I think we both agree on the issues, we're jus focusing on different sides of the issue.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I feel ya big homie. I don't disagree, it's jus like u said tho, it's about obamas and the "higher ups" AGENDA. The last sentence is where my issue is and what I think "still hustlin" touched up on. I really don't think it's there to "protect" anyone. But I think we both agree on the issues, we're jus focusing on different sides of the issue.
no doubt fam, I def get what you are saying.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
Isn't west Oakland just as bad though?

I was in rehab with a dude that had this big ass scar on his shoulder cuz he was sitting at a red light in West oakland and some dude ran up, opened his car door and stabbed him, threw him outta his car jumped in and smashed off. This was is broad daylight too... straight up GTA5 shit

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Okay, yeah. There are some problems in both East and West Oakland.

However Oakland as a whole has so many nice areas too. People from other cities generalize Oakland as if it's just some horrible ghetto shit hole, but that would be like saying SF is horrible and dangerous just because of Hunter's Point and the Tenderloin. West Oakland has also been getting very gentrified and overrun with hipsters in recent years.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
COMPTON'S "LIVE GOOGLE EARTH"

Kelsey Campbell-Dollaghan
Gizmodo
April 14, 2014

In Compton last year, police began quietly testing a system that allowed them to do something incredible: Watch every car and person in real time as they ebbed and flowed around the city.

The Center for Investigative Reporting takes a look at a number of emerging surveillance technologies in a new video, but one in particular stands out: A wide-area surveillance system invented by Ross McNutt, a retired Air Force veteran who owns a company called Persistent Surveillance Systems.

Read more

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
More Psyops

U.S. Commanders Must Embrace Cyber, Special Ops Chief Says > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article

(Link above is defense.gov)

ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 13, 2017 — Cyber capabilities are integral to everything the U.S. Special Operations Command does worldwide, the commander said at the Association of the U.S. Army’s hot topic discussion here today.

Army Gen. Raymond A. Thomas III noted that his command embraced the cyber world early, which has driven many of the successes the command has achieved.

While the command obviously defends its cyber community, Thomas spoke about “offensive and exploitive cyber operations across the cyber continuum,” during his address.

Operations in the cyber realm are as new as the domain itself, the general said.

“We special operations forces live -- some would say thrive -- in a world that is often out ahead of policy,” he said.

Many of Socom’s approaches since 9/11 were previously undefined in the policy realm. “Arguably the same can be said of cyber capability,” he said.

The idea of cyber as a warfighting domain is so new that many commanders consign it to a chief information officer, he said. This is “inconsistent with how we address every other domain,” the general said. “Commanders don’t outsource or pay so little attention to those.”

Attack, Exploit

The greatest space for advancement in the cyber worlds is in attack and exploit. From the U.S. perspective, he said, it is easier to conduct a kinetic strike on a target than it is to launch an offensive cyber operation.

This has gotten easier. In areas of declared hostilities, the timeline to launch an attack has compressed, he said. “But … it is still far too slow,” he said. “The limiting factor for cyber effectiveness continues to revolve around policy and process.”

Thomas quoted Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., who said: “One of the challenges of the United States is we are a nation of laws and our process to approve cyber operations is detailed and lengthy. Russia and China are not inhibited."

Officials need to formulate processes consistent with American values that still allow timely offensive cyber operations, the general said.

Thomas said he considers cyber to be both a challenge and an opportunity. Cyber is global and does not fit inside delineated geographic command boundaries, he said.

The U.S. can address the cyber domain. “We can do this,” the general said. “We have the structure a know-how to dominate in this domain, but it requires a focused effort and repetitions matter.”

From this, the military must continue building the team of cyber warriors. “We are moving in the right direction, but talent and task organization matter,” Thomas said.

Trust the Team

Another guiding principle must be to trust the team. “We must give our commanders the ability to employ cyber at the strategic, operational and tactical levels,” he said. “Tell them the end state and allow them to get after it.”

The general stressed the need to integrate effects. Cyber should be one part of all tools used from kinetic effects to diplomatic actions. “Effects are much more powerful when executed in a coordinated manner,” Thomas said.

Like land or sea or air warfare, there must be a campaign in cyber that allows the United States to exploit success, he said.

The United States must work with partners in the cyber domain. “We cannot succeed in an international domain without international and industry partners,” the general said.

History is littered with examples of commanders not understanding new technologies or dismissing those technologies to their peril, Thomas said. Cyber must not be dismissed. Commanders must understand it and look for new ways to employ it. “Our adversaries are already adapting, we need to keep pace,” he said.