nanny butchered 2 kids she was caring for

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2006
Manhattan nanny accused of snapping and butchering two kids ‘sorry’ for her actions | Daily Digest News

She expressed anguish for her actions in court papers, saying: “Oh my God I’m sorry.”

A nanny who was accused of butchering two children in a bathtub in the Upper West Side of Manhattan two years ago said she was sorry for her actions in court papers.

Yoselyn Otega, 52, stands accused of killing 6-year-old Lucia Krim and 2-year-old Leo Krim in 2012 while they were under her care, according to the New York Post. After the attack, Ortega slashed her own throat in an attempt to commit suicide, it is alleged. The parents were not present at the time.

The report states that she told investigators Lucia tried to fight back before she was stabbed, and then she turned on her brother. Two knives were used in the attack, according to court papers.

She blamed money problems and anger with the parents for a constantly shifting schedule, as well as their expectations that she be a cleaning lady, as the reason for her snapping, the Post said, and she also noted she had missed an appointment with “the psych.”

She expressed anguish for her actions in court papers, saying: “Oh my God I’m sorry, I’m sorry for what I’ve done. Relieve me of my misery.”

“I had to do everything to take care of the kids,” she added. “God forgive me, so many things they made me do. Pray for me.”

The parents also had a 4-year-old child who wasn’t at home during the attack. The parents, Kevin and Marine Krim, gave birth to a baby boy a month ago.

Back in 2013, Ortega denied that she committed the crime at all, despite being shown pictures of the slaughtered children. According to the New York Daily News, she simply asked, “Who did that to them?” when shown the photos.

Authorities say Lucia had between 20 and 30 stab wounds and her organs were outside her body after the attack, which happened in an apartment on West 75th Street.

Ortega, a Dominican immigrant, said last year she loved the children and had no idea who committed the attack, calling accusations against her “lies.” Her defense team tried to have her mentally unfit to stand trial, but they were unsuccessful despite having a psychiatrist state that she was not mentally competent and heard voices in her head telling her to kill people

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Really? Some craazy lady killed two toddlers and you judge the parents? That's fucked up.
Who hired the crazy lady? The parents

They will look at poor people real close when someone close to them kills their kids, to the point where if they can charge them even with anything unrelated they can and will, but when its rich people they don't EVER fall under the same microscope.

RIP to the kids

Last edited:

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Who hired the crazy lady? The parents

They will look at poor people real close when someone close to them kills their kids, to the point where if they can charge them even with anything unrelated they can and will, but when its rich people they don't EVER fall under the same microscope.

RIP to the kids
This could just as easily happened to a poor family who had a babysitter as it did to a rich family with a babysitter.