iTunes (we buy independent music) Group

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i aint buying your music unless you are fucking exceptional.

last albums i bought were dj screw, shady nate, joe blow, hd, bought a old currensy album, bought a ampichino album i found that i was suprised i found out here, i got about 600 cds if not more tho so dont get it fucked up. few other things i cant remember. only if your shit slapped so hard that i was like you know what, i gotta go get the physical cuz he deserves to get paid for that shit.like if you came hard enough that you deserve to get cashed out thats part of the game. #thankyou.

ill pay a nigga for a freestyle in real life if he come hard enough

all the rest of you niggas with them half assed albums thinkin you deserve money can eat a dick and im downloading it and ill tell you that to your face its 2014 step your music and your art up and ill buy it until then.... nigga download city and ill prolly trash your shit in 3 hours or less so you shouldnt really care if i downloaded it cuz i dont even want that shit on my computer, i only keep the best shit, i aint even gon keep yo bullshit

and thats like 7/10 out of the shit i download and im a picky downloader like a muthafucka ill stream yo shit if you even have a possibility of havin somethin that might possibly suck or even 1/4th suck to me

if i keep it on my computer ill probably buy a physical eventually cuz i became a part of my life at a specific time period and i respect that enough to get the physical. i nd up riding around to music i have and living my life and things happen while i listen to things and they become a part of my life eventually somehow. like certain songs i can remember it was playin when such and such happened. its like if i drop some art and yall think that shit dope as fuck cash out dont just keep the jpeg, cuz the jpeg dont really mean shit , you get it in the physical you payin for physical work. and to be honest you gon see shit in my art in real life on the picture that the jpeg never gonna have a good enough picture to see because technology aint good enough to catch everything i do with a pen yet. but props if you even kept the jpeg cuz ou still a fan and as artists we need our fans to keep us motivated. and i can respect anyone who realizes theres a time to pay and a time to not.

just step yo shit up and you got some action, but its all about the way that you do things bruh, theres alot of shit involved in the game that you cant give away for free.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
besides the fact that this is just a plain bad idea akin to a pyramid scheme, independent rappers should be thinking about the future, which will be based around streaming, not buying individual songs/albums.

Music Sales Continue to Plummet for Albums and Digital Downloads
JULY 3, 2014 | 09:24AM PT
Christopher Morris
Music sales continued their free-fall during the first six months of 2014, as both albums and digital downloads again showed double-digit losses.

According to Nielsen SoundScan data released Wednesday for the year to date through June 29, total album sales in all formats plunged nearly 15%, with sales of almost 121 million, versus 142 million sold in the first six months of 2013.

To put the steepness of the decline in perspective: Just 18 months ago, Adele’s Grammy-winning “21” – the bestselling album of 2011 and 2012 — finished the latter year with sales in excess of 10 million. It is conceivable that such a phenomenon will not be seen in the industry again.

Digital track sales dropped 13% to 593.6 million, in comparison to 682.2 million moved in the same period last year.

On-demand streaming continued to boom, soaring 42% to almost 70.3 million streams (compared to 49.5 million in the same period last year). However, revenues derived from streaming are a fraction of those derived from physical and digital album sales on a per-unit basis.

Once again, vinyl albums showed a potent gain, up more than 40% to 4 million units (compared to 2.9 million in the first half of 2013), though the format remains a sliver of the industry’s overall business. Jack White’s “Lazaretto,” which was issued in a special holographic LP edition, was the bestselling title at 49,000 units.

In a statement, Nielsen senior vp David Bakula said the lifts in streaming and LP sales “shows interest in buying and consuming music continues to be robust, with two very distinct segments of the industry expanding substantially.”

So far this year, the bestselling album title – and the only one to sell more than a million units – is Disney’s soundtrack for the hit animated picture “Frozen,” which has moved nearly 2.7 million units. Cumulatively, the late-2013 release has sold just over 3 million; it is situated at No. 5 on the top albums chart released Wednesday.

“Frozen” was succeeded among the year’s bestsellers by Beyonce’s self-titled collection (702,000), Eric Church’s “The Outsiders” (642,000), Lorde’s “Pure Heroine” (641,000), and Coldplay’s “Ghost Stories” (589,000). “Beyonce,” a surprise digital release in December, and Lorde’s title, the teen singer’s Grammy-nominated debut, were released in 2013.

Among digital songs, Pharrell Williams’ ubiquitous “Happy” — heard on the “Despicable Me 2” soundtrack” — was the top seller, moving 5.6 million for the year. It was followed by Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse” (4 million), John Legend’s “All of Me” (3.8 million), Jason Derulo’s “Talk Dirty” (3.6 million) and “Frozen” vocal star Idina Menzel’s soundtrack hit “Let It Go” (2.8 million).

Perry’s “Dark Horse” was the most-streamed song, with 188 million audio and video spins to its credit. It was succeeded by Legend’s “All of Me” (145 million), Derulo’s “Talk Dirty” (142 million), Williams’ “Happy” (135 million) and Menzel’s “Let It Go” (129 million).

“Happy” was the most-played song on terrestrial radio stations tracked by SoundScan’s Broadcast Data Systems unit, with 571,000 spins.