Favorite games at recess...Yes, recess

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
We played "Buttball" a lot from like 1st to 6th grade. I don't remember the exact details but this is what I remember:

You'd need a tennis ball, a wall and at least 3-4 people... When the game got really popular at school there would be games of like 15-20 people. If you have too few or too many it doesn't really work, the number of people depends on the length of your wall.

The first person takes the ball, throws it against the wall, and everyone tries to catch it. If someone catches it in the air, the catcher throws the ball at the wall as the thrower runs to the wall. If the ball hits the wall first, the original thrower has to stand still, face the wall and have the ball thrown at them by the person that caught it. If the thrower gets to the wall before the ball, they get to throw again.

If the ball bounces before someone catches it, the original thrower is safe, and the person that caught it starts the next round by throwing the ball at the wall again.

If the person that's trying to catch the ball drops it, they have to stand against the wall and the original person throws the ball at the person that dropped it.

I heard that a couple years after I left that school they banned Buttball along with Smear the Queer, Bloody Knuckles and pencil fights.

Feb 14, 2006
It ws called Tanbark. we threw it at each other. Nah but I remember they were called burns or somethin in 4 square, the ball didnt bounce or roll, it skidded across the asphalt. Nobody could stop my shit.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2014
Each & every one of you nerds need to stop fronting & admit you spent recess playing either a) Dungeons & dragons or B) Pokemon or c) world of warcraft, depending on your age.
computers weren't around when I was in school. Maybe in Australia only though..

Not sure what to call that either other than you're a fag Namo

to this day i would dominate any of you at 4 square (we called it handball here). no one can fuck with my powershot.
In my time, the Asians were unbeatable.

Apr 25, 2002
Each & every one of you nerds need to stop fronting & admit you spent recess playing either a) Dungeons & dragons or B) Pokemon or c) world of warcraft, depending on your age.
When I was young enough to play recess games, everyone thought D&D was satanic and turning people into serial killers or making them commit suicide.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I started tagging in 6th grade so chances are I was in the bathrooms with a cut & dyed mean streak gettin down or off trying to get at your little middle school girlfriend while you were tryin to be macho playing smear the queer lol

but 1st - 5th grade I was usually way out in the grass by the bleachers with the kids that didnt wanna play sports on break, by high school that same group was called the stoners.

I remember rainy days in school when I never paid any attention I just stared out in the rain. Or when the teacher would just turn on some wack ass reel to reel made for school movie from the late 60's / early 70's, that was my favorite shit.

Last edited:

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
It ws called Tanbark. we threw it at each other. Nah but I remember they were called burns or somethin in 4 square, the ball didnt bounce or roll, it skidded across the asphalt. Nobody could stop my shit.
Lol....i remember that shit. That was when the game got serious. Muthafukkas would be down low skiddin the ball back and forth.

I hated when the ball skidded from the person hitting it and went into my square and then to the next persons square....shit used to piss me off!! lol

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Our wallball was like raquetball without the raquet...using a kickball.

And someone said openchest.....i rember that shit too. Sometimes that ran in conjunction with BB Bridges...

Couldnt beleive we were friends the way we tried to kill eachother sometimes.

PLEASE OH PLEASE let your chest be open or say a B word.....lol...PLEASE!!!!!!