COPWATCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Ex-Pig Killed While Trying To Set Anti-corruption Blogger’s Hot Dog Cart On Fire

A former police officer died while trying to set ablaze a food cart belonging to a blogger who exposed crooked cops and other corrupt city officials. ArkansasMatters.com reported Friday that former Little Rock Police Officer Todd Payne died when blogger Ean Bordeaux tackled him as Payne tried to flee the scene of the attempted arson.

Bordeaux is the proprietor of the Corruption Sucks blog, a webpage dedicated to exposing corruption in the Little Rock local government and in the state government of Arkansas. At about 4:30 a.m. on Friday, he awoke to find the hot dog cart he operates for a living in flames.

Payne hit the pavement face-first and died from his injuries. Bordeaux said his only desire had been to immobilize the perpetrator and hand him over to authorities.

Last edited:

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
aint seattle's biggest problem a bunch of rain & heroin?

....its a crime in itself that there is no more gunge music coming out of seattle.
It actually doesn't rain here as much as people think. We are ranked 44th out of major cities.

Seattle ranks 44th among major U.S. cities in average annual rainfall, getting approximately 38 inches annually. Cities that get more rainfall than Seattle include such as Houston Texas (48 inches), New Orleans (60 inches), Mobile AL (65 inches), Memphis (52 inches), Nashville (48 inches), and pretty much every major city on the eastern seaboard, such as New York (43 inches), Philadelphia (41 inches), Miami (58 inches), and Boston (44 inches).
Seattle Doesn’t Get That Much Rain

The thing is here the winter there are dark ass clouds for sometimes days on end and it will look like it could rain any second but most of the time doesn't. Or when it does it's a really light rain or a mist. It's 100% true our winters are very dark and dreary looking, just not as much rain included as people think.

Nov 24, 2003
I don't know if any of you Seattle guys read The Stranger but they just published a long piece (probably TLDR) on the state of the SPD. Good timing for the article as it relates to this thread.

The Seattle Police Officers' Guild is a club of retrograde good old boys that embodies the most toxic aspects of cop culture. Officially a labor union representing about 1,250 sworn officers—negotiating police contracts, shaping department policy—the guild's past leadership admits that the union, commonly known as SPOG, spends most of its time defending officers involved in misconduct investigations.....
Reform in Reverse by Dominic Holden - Seattle Features - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
Seattle crime rates are also declining because a lot of crimes are going unreported as most people have learned that nothing will happen when they call to report the majority of non-violent crimes.
You may be right, but without any empirical data, its just a guess. I dont think its the case, however. I think Seattle is just pretty damn safe to live in.

Nov 24, 2003
You may be right, but without any empirical data, its just a guess. I dont think its the case, however. I think Seattle is just pretty damn safe to live in.

There was some data to back that up, but I only spent a few minutes looking for it and couldn't find it. It was a graph comparing witnessed crimes vs reported crimes.

I think it was Seattle Times that ran the article. Could have been the PI, Stranger or Weekly though haha

May 7, 2013
Michigan
Man Attacked By Cop For Asking Question

A Green Bay police officer is under investigation after violently attacking a man outside a downtown bar last weekend.

According to reports, police were arresting two men, one of whom allegedly had an alcoholic drink outside the bar, when a third man began questioning the arrest.

Officer Derek Wicklund, named as the offending officer in the cell phone video’s description on Facebook, responds to the questioning by shoving the man, prompting the man to begin using profanities towards the officer.

“The guy was trying to find out why his friend was being arrested,” the video’s author stated. “The cop pushed him and he responded by saying f*ck you.”

Wicklund can then be seen erupting in a fit of rage, throwing the man on top of his police car before slamming him to the ground. The man, now laying on his back in the street, is then punched in the face and body repeatedly.

A separate officer watching the incident unfold is seen pushing the cameraman away as he allows Wicklund to continue the assault.

Police charged the battered man with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest according to a friend on scene.

“I can see how my friend got charged with disorderly conduct, but I think that the resisting arrest part of it was a little bit… I don’t see where that happened and I think the force was excessive,” Joe Davidson told Fox 11.

After the video became viral on social media, Green Bay Police Lt. Andrew Opperman announced that the department's Professional Standards Division would begin investigating the officer’s actions.

"Due to the amount of written reports, videos of the event and witness interviews, this investigation will take some time," a department press release stated.

According to one witness, no one is holding their breath for the officer to be held accountable.

“It’s sad to think he will probably get away with it too,” the video’s author said.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
PHX POLICE OFFICER CLINT BROOKINS said:
Tired as a motherfucker...Hope no one pushes my buttons. LMAO.

What a nice day...I should kill something

How many cops does it take to get a suspect downstairs? None, he fell.
lawsuit in federal court

The PPD Still Has Officer Clint Brookins Assigned to Patrol, and That's Not a Reassuring Thought
Continue to read this article on Phoenix New Times.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
published by Tom Sullivan on Sun, 2014-05-04 10:35
Los Lunas police arrested New Mexico State Police officer Charles Vernier Thursday on aggravated battery and interference with a police officer.

Police said they were called to the Casa de Chavez apartment complex around 3 p.m. Thursday. When police got there they said Vernier had a male repo worker in a choke hold.

Los Lunas police were able to get Vernier to let go of the repo man. While trying to place Vernier in handcuffs, police said he attempted to run away.

After a short foot chase, Vernier slipped and was taken into police custody.

Vernier has been with state police for about two years.

Source and full story: KOAT, 2 May 2014

Jun 21, 2005
US police sued for beating man with Down syndrome

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department is facing a lawsuit from the family of a young man with Down syndrome who was brutalized by a deputy.

According to the lawsuit filed Thursday, Deputy Jeffrey Guy attacked 21-year old Antonio Tony Martinez with pepper spray and batons in December 2012.

The deputy confronted Martinez , who has the mental capacity of a 7-year-old, and “unloaded a canister of highly irritating pepper spray into Tony’s face and eyes,” then drove him to the ground and beat him with a baton.

The complaint says Martinez suffered “facial abrasions to his nose and over his eye, and leg, arm and back pain with contusions.”

The Martinez family said it is suing police for unspecified damages, alleging battery, negligence, false arrest, civil rights violations and emotional distress.

Later, the sheriff’s department apologized to the family, but the family is pressing ahead with the lawsuit and demanding that Guy, who had been a San Jose police officer for about eight years, be fired.

Antonio was traumatized by the incident and has since been afraid to leave the house, the family said.

Sheriff’s department spokesperson Jan Caldwell said that Guy remains a department employee.

PressTV - US police sued for beating man with Down syndrome