BBQ season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Easiest chicken breast recipe for grilling...

Get 1-2 lbs of chicken breasts and put it in a freezer bag, get the biggest bottle of regular (not zesty) Italian dressing and dump the whole thing in the bag. Get lemon pepper seasoning and dump as much in there as you think you need (I use a lot), 1-2 shots of tequila in the bag. Let it marinate as long as you like. 4-8 hours is best. Chicken will be really tender and full of flavor. If you do it right, should be no problem to cut the chicken breasts with a fork when they are done.

Another easy one for boneless chicken thighs is orange juice, ground cumin, garlic salt, and pepper. Then when they come off the grill, hit em with some lime. I would let them marinate at least a couple hours but it'll taste pretty much like pollo asado. Pretty bomb for some tacos.

*disclaimer, these both taste way better with a charcoal grill. None of that faggy propane grilling.
I tried that italian dressing bullshit before and it was fucking disgusting.

Orange juice cumin coriander cilantro onion garlic lime juice salt for a few hours is hyphy though

May 16, 2002
Do you have the charcoal one? I have that same one but I have the electric. It works pretty damn good. I had only bought it because I lived in an apartment and couldn't have a charcoal or gas grill there for a couple years so it was my only option. It isn't bad though, and using mesquite or hickory chips in tin foil if you do it right still adds a ton of smoke flavor.
For real BBQ it has to be charcoal or wood / smokers IMO. I'm seriously anti propane grills. You might as well cook that over the stove. The only difference is, it's outside.

I take real pride in lighting charcoal or wood and waiting for that go down & be ready for some grillin'. I load up half the grill so I have a hot side & cooler side. This way nothing burns.

I have this one buddy who forever burns chicken when he BBQ's. I finally gave him a few pointers. Plus, he's also the type to want to keep flipping the meats while Q-ing. I told him, "Leave it alone & let that cook."

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I live in an apartment what's a good way to BBQ without getting harassed by my fat bitch manager? The weather is nice as fuck and I'm trying to grill up some hotlinks, burgers, asada, and some pollo tambien. My uncle use to have a shitty little webber grill but that boy could bbq anything and everything. Always did some Bomb ass chicken... All I know is he would let it marinate over night and it would always come out perfect.
PUT ME ON GAME BREH
pretty sure your jacked if you wanna BBQ, but you could probably get a small griller. Hell my complex dont allow em either, but then again I dont let those fuckers on my patio so they can smell it, but they cant see it.

the Lodge brand home hibachi is dope

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
just hit up plaza park yestarday to kick off the season..

i frequent the vallarta or superior or any other carneceria for the citrus marinade chicken and asada.
i like q'ing up chicken legs with bbq sauce, and pork ribs with spicy bbq sauce. i like doing hot dawgs in bbq sauce too and allway gotta have farmer john links... the RED hots..
i can hook up some center cut chops cripsy but juicy with just some red season all.

if i am cooking beef thick or thin and its not pre done up: i like to do it with lemon juice a little budwieser, and morton's natures seasonings, grill it with a few sliced onions

shrimp wrapped in bacon on some kabob sticks goes!

charcoal or propane i dont care i can make it work and prefer each one for certain dishes..
i aint into trying new rubs or sauces or shit like that i am a real picky dude.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
I tried that italian dressing bullshit before and it was fucking disgusting.

Orange juice cumin coriander cilantro onion garlic lime juice salt for a few hours is hyphy though
YEAH DOGG, I love some Italian Roasted Red Pepper dressing/marinade on some Salad, but I used it as a marinade once and it was fucking GROSS!

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I BBQ all year round....no seasons needed.
me too, but in the winter months out here, the grass is pretty dry and if it's windy, you'll catch the whole damn area on fire.

Gemini @Gemini , good point about the flipping. You should only have to flip once if you know what you're doing.

Also, keep the lid closed when you're grilling for more even heat distribution. A lot of people don't do that. You lose a ton of moisture and flavor when you don't keep the lid on while cooking.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
pretty sure your jacked if you wanna BBQ, but you could probably get a small griller. Hell my complex dont allow em either, but then again I dont let those fuckers on my patio so they can smell it, but they cant see it.

the Lodge brand home hibachi is dope
lol my ahole neighbor in San Diego called the fire department on me and they threatened to hit me with a huge ticket for having a charcoal grill.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
if that was my neighbor he'd be buying new tires for his car daily for a month.
they were total dickheads. They were really just pissed because they were chain smokers that smoked on their balcony and I was smoking them out for over a hour by the time the dudes from the FD showed up lol If I was "the old me" I would've done something along the lines of what you said.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Pollo Asado, Carne Asada, some corn cobs, some chives, home made salsa with blistered tomatoes, onion, grounded pepper flakes, home made guac with just a pinch of salt and some lime. Gotta have micheladas or at the very least the Modelo Chelada tall cans. Can't forget the ceviche and the birria for the hangover.
fuck my friday plans Im coming to your pad for dinner breh lol

that shit sounds smackin right now

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
they were total dickheads. They were really just pissed because they were chain smokers that smoked on their balcony and I was smoking them out for over a hour by the time the dudes from the FD showed up lol If I was "the old me" I would've done something along the lines of what you said.
if you were the old you, you'd of given them the ole watsonville charlie sheen black eye like your avatar.... that is charlie sheen right? LOL

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
if you were the old you, you'd of given them the ole watsonville charlie sheen black eye like your avatar.... that is charlie sheen right? LOL
LOL!!! I was thinking more along the lines of throwing an old bowling ball thru their windshield or loosening the lugnuts on one of their rims on their car. Either way over the top, or subtle.

And no, that's boxing legend Erik Morales lol

Jun 5, 2004
Everybody that says theyre cooking with a shitty lil grill... Its actually better to cook on a smaller grill if you can because the heat is distributed more evenly and it takes less charcoal...

I only use the big webber if im cooking for hella people, or if were doing ribs or kabobs or corn or something like that... I dont do ribs that often tho, i have a couple times n it was good but i need to remember to get my pops recipe next time ido em cuz those are fuckin fire, the best bbq ive ever had by far... And not like the kind of shit alot of californians cook not that wet sloppy shit, its cooked well with that tiny bit of crispy charred taste from the charcoal and woodchips but without having the nasty burnt taste at all which is hella hard to do, falls off the bone hella tender, full of flavor but not too salty like alot of people do. He actually used to have a bbq catering buisiness back in the day. Its so good, one time i really did slap my momma