anybody work for UPS?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
you can do 60 hours a week as a driver. you cash out per hour.

you dont make shit as a sorter. every UPS driver has to be a sorter for up to hella years. FedEx pays better to sorters. and outsiders can be drivers there.
I applied about 5 years ago. All they offer is like 15 hours per week until you're hired on full time and it's 1am until they don't need you for the day (sounds like the way I used to treat females). You stay on that shift until they hire you, but at that time, the waiting list was almost 2 years long. It's a good job if you can get on full time but who can really work that schedule unless you're single and living with your parents?

Jun 5, 2004
My boy did that thing where u join them during the holidays at the most crazy busy part of the year and then they said they were gonna keep him there but they just fired him lol...he said that shit was wack as fuck. And hes had some shitty jobs before (like amys kitchen and walmart graveyard shift) and he said that was like the worst one.

Jan 5, 2006
Fuck that shit.... scanning packages.... i'm perfectly fine with my desk job for now. I can't go back to retail unless I couldn't get anything better or had an emergency.

Feb 3, 2014
i work 2 jobs one is part time as a sorter at night there..im only asking because i know driver make 34 an hour now..and thats a nation wide pay rate...so once i start driving in a few months i wanna transfer to an area where 34 an hour is a lot...cause thats really not that great in the bay area...but ive been told its hard to transfer...and yea you can work up to 60 hours a week but after 40 hours its all time and a half so 100k a year isnt hard to hit...and my benefits are fuckin great..fuck fedex

Feb 3, 2014
UPS is all based on seniority so youre a shit stain like me for a little bit then you get to drive...being a shit stain at fedex doesnt mean youll eventually drive i think fedex drivers bid on their routes so an outsider can just bid on a route and get it..i think...plus fedex isnt union...my union has saved my ass a few times...UPS is pretty shady though theyll straight up steal hours off your paycheck and unless you say something theyll never fix it..

Apr 25, 2002
i work 2 jobs one is part time as a sorter at night there..im only asking because i know driver make 34 an hour now..and thats a nation wide pay rate...so once i start driving in a few months i wanna transfer to an area where 34 an hour is a lot...cause thats really not that great in the bay area...but ive been told its hard to transfer...and yea you can work up to 60 hours a week but after 40 hours its all time and a half so 100k a year isnt hard to hit...and my benefits are fuckin great..fuck fedex

they told you your gonna start driving in a few months? how long you been there? i got a dude who got hired as a driver after only 5 years as a sorter. dude who was hired as a driver right before him was there for 11 years part time sorting.

May 9, 2002
$34 an hour is a good rate no matter where you live, even Cali.

Apr 25, 2002
Fed ex does their hiring kinda shady. Like, you gotta be there for a while before they consider bringing you on ft. And only garunteed 15 hrs a week? Fuuuuck that
aint no full time UPS/FedEx/OnTrac jobs unless you drive or your administrative. you dont gotta be a FedEx or OnTrac sorter to be a dirver. but you do at UPS. UPS puts you on call when your a sorter at first. you gotta call them at (whatever time am) to see if they want you that day. probably cus the union. but in the long run that could be the best job out of all those.

Feb 3, 2014
they told you your gonna start driving in a few months? how long you been there? i got a dude who got hired as a driver after only 5 years as a sorter. dude who was hired as a driver right before him was there for 11 years part time sorting.
i just hit 3 years...but i should have been driving already...all the people i got hired with are already driving after about a year and a half..ive seen people start driving after 6 months...all depends on what the company needs...they do a driver sign up sheet every january...ive never signed up because i didnt wanna do it full time until now